New DJI Go App update 2.7.2

No problems what so ever. Everything was solid and worked as expected. I can't say that it corrected the earlier firmware install problems because those issues were corrected prior to the updated of this IOS Go app.

Did you have any problems with the camera after the update?

Flew yesterday with no issues. Camera worked perfectly. [emoji41] Good update with no issues.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

Here you go:

Just noticed that a new menu selection "Camera View Quick Launch" was added. Not sure if this was there before.

Does DJI say what was included in the update? Like what does "Camera View Quick Launch" do?

All seems to be going good with new firmware (P3a 1.8.8 ) and iOS update (2.7.2), only issues I had flying was I have to cache all the maps again, Did not know that ipad mini 3 had self updated to new 2.7.2 until I got to the field- had no maps so had to stay close. Will try again in the morning, all other settings remained set the way I had them before update.
I cached all the maps again and went back out this morning, She flew great, got out to 3950 ft. at 390 ft. alt. with no problems, had one weak video transmission warning lasted less than a second (nearby transmission tower could be causing that as I always get that warning in that direction). Two 15 minute flights this morning and I am pleased with the way the A.C. handles and the new iOS go app.

Is geo fencing part of this update? I'm guessing not since I have not seen anything regarding it. This used to be a popular topic for discussion but not as of late. Has it gone by the wayside or is it still coming? I'm asking because I believe I am one of the few that would actually like to have this. Not a beta. I would like to get the final polished release.

* edit* Never mind, I did some digging and it appears that Geo fencing is not part of this release. Really haven't heard much about it lately.ever mind, I did some digging and it appears that Geo fencing is not part of this release. Really haven't heard much about it lately.

Last edited:
Flew just now and had great flight.
1660 meters out and height of 247m from home point (though along side of hill and above them)

Max speed was 59.2km/h so all seems good. (in GPS mode, atti should be faster)

I am sure getting more satellites now then I was before.

Does anyone know (or has tried) the new 2.7.2 with the 1.7 firmware.. Still holding off on 1.8.

Jay S.

Updated to 1.8 and 2.7.2 no issues on first flight

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Does DJI say what was included in the update? Like what does "Camera View Quick Launch" do?

It means, when enabled, the next time you connect the aircraft and RC and enter the DJI GO App, the app will enter camera view automatically, this is designed for people who don't want to choose product type and click on camera icon every time.

The first thing I noticed was a window showing a new way to shut down the Phantom in flight...not that you would want to do this often...by holding the RTH button and the left joystick down and right. I am assuming they have gotten rid of the CSC in flight which has caused some Phantoms to drop out of the sky.

Oops, just realized I am in the P3 forum and I have a P4 so maybe this is unique to my machine.

Sorry if already asked, but where does one find the flight data download mode from a Phantom 3p in the IOS version of 2.7.2? It seems to be gone . . . or I just haven't found it. :(

-- zigs

Sorry if already asked, but where does one find the flight data download mode from a Phantom 3p in the IOS version of 2.7.2? It seems to be gone . . . or I just haven't found it. :(

-- zigs

Still in the same place, kind of...on the main screen where it asks you to choose your model, tap in the top left...that brings up a new screen with Growth of Value...scroll down to bottom of screen to see your flights. The cloud icon is still up on the top right to synchronise.

Still in the same place, kind of...on the main screen where it asks you to choose your model, tap in the top left...that brings up a new screen with Growth of Value...scroll down to bottom of screen to see your flights. The cloud icon is still up on the top right to synchronise.

Thanks for your reply . . . and maybe I'm just mixed up since I haven't done this before, but was there not a data mode on the advanced screen to download flight data via usb cable to one's computer? I don't see it in the newest version or I'm looking in the wrong place altogether.

-- tom

Thanks for your reply . . . and maybe I'm just mixed up since I haven't done this before, but was there not a data mode on the advanced screen to download flight data via usb cable to one's computer? I don't see it in the newest version or I'm looking in the wrong place altogether.

-- tom

Oh okay...I'm not sure about that one, I don't recall it, don't believe I ever used it but someone else here might be able to help.

I had a look on new app and could not see data mode on app anymore either.

I am not connected to drone to confirm but it was there before.

It was here.(on 2.4.3) :-

IMG_0635.jpg

With this new version 2.7.2, is the Drone Marker (red triangle) when flying with the Google Map full screen can be set to be always in the center of the screen ? (like auto track).

For now, we always have to click on the screen and re-center the red triangle (Aircraft)

I see they've eliminated total "Battery Life" from the battery condition screen.
Just checked after reading your post. Indeed, it is gone. I do wonder why.

I wonder if DJI think people might tamper with the logs or firmware if they had access ?

One thing I've noticed with the new app upgrade. I can't find the battery life percentage. Has anybody noticed this? or I'm not just looking hard enough?

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Scav8tor