New dedicated tablet - Huawei MediaPad M2

Reaction score
Hi there,

Anyone tried the Huawai MediaPad M2 8.0 ?

The plan was using this as a dedicated tablet for the P3A

Just picked up one from a local store that offers 30 day money-back guarantee if not satisfied

Haven't been able to test it yet, just installed DJI Go
But the size and spec looks nice, and almost free of bloat-ware

CPU: 2.0 GHz Kirin920 64-bit Octa-core
GPU: Mali-T628 MP4 + i3 co-processor
32 GB Ram

OK, here is my verdict for the Huawai Mediapad M2-801L

In the tests that I've done, it performs perfect.
No lags or shutdowns, no bloatware.

Didn't notice any major temperature raise or other issues using this device.
For those that are interessed, the Antutu Benchmark was 51.819

What I didn't quite like, was the Huawai's UI, EMUI 3.x
Also, it didn't have an app-drawer, but than again, if you anly need it for DJO GO, you don't need the drawer.

all in all, a decent device for flying.

Have swapped it for a Nexus 9 32GB LTE

Can't wait to test it :)
Bigger screen than the Huawai, and 4:3 ratio
Antutu reports 58.267

Bad weather for a couple of days, so the bird is grounded :(

Reactions: nickyb
Hi, I tryed a Huawai MediaPad M2 8.0 on a p3p but did not connect to dji pilot app. Don't know reasons.

Try another USB-cable.
The original cable I got from dji don't work on any devices.
To late, i retuned it already when I also had 30 day money-back guarantee if not satisfied.... But a really good pad with phone function... Oft..

Hi, I was experiencing 'Connection Lost' messages using my Huawei Ascend P7 phone. Theoretically it should have been fine - and it was until I updated from Android 4.4 to 5.1. I've since bought a Huawei MediaPad M2 803L running Android 5.1.1 and it would appear that all my problems have been solved. This is the 8-inch version and it's a great fit on my controller. The video is smooth and bright even in full sunshine, and the DJI GO app works fine. It has GPS and GLONASS built in and runs at 2 Ghz. The 3Gb of memory and 64Gb storage are great. I'm not trying to advertise this tablet, but I must admit it appears to be one of the better ones that isn't listed on the DJI page.

It connected perfectly, first time, and it has restored my confidence in flying over water. If there's one thing guaranteed to rock your faith in your drone, it's losing connection. For around £230 (brand new) it was a bargain.

OK, here is my verdict for the Huawai Mediapad M2-801L

In the tests that I've done, it performs perfect.
No lags or shutdowns, no bloatware.

Didn't notice any major temperature raise or other issues using this device.
For those that are interessed, the Antutu Benchmark was 51.819

What I didn't quite like, was the Huawai's UI, EMUI 3.x
Also, it didn't have an app-drawer, but than again, if you anly need it for DJO GO, you don't need the drawer.

all in all, a decent device for flying.

Have swapped it for a Nexus 9 32GB LTE

Can't wait to test it :)
Bigger screen than the Huawai, and 4:3 ratio
Antutu reports 58.267

Bad weather for a couple of days, so the bird is grounded :(

I've just bought a Huawei MediaPad M2-803L (see later comment). The EMUI takes a bit of getting use to (I had a Huawei phone before), but once you've mastered it, it is an improvement over the standard Android interface (at least in my opinion). Because there is effectively no App drawer, all your apps only appear on your device once and in one place. You can create your own folders, favourites, utilities, etc., and move them around to suit yourself. I upgraded from a Samsung Galaxy SII a couple of years ago, and I find the Huawei EMUI much more intuitive. Each to his own though.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BobDan