Advice on tablet specs please

Reaction score
Hi, firstly I apolagies if I upset anyone, apparantly I posted in a wrong section and some folk took exception. Cest la vie.

I have to buy a new tablet, my samsung Tsb A simply will not connect I have tried everything suggested and its a no go. I saw a post where the poster seemed knowledgeable about having more than 2gb RAM and over 1.2ghz processor. As this purchase will solely be for flying and no other purpose, I can't afford to be spending 7 or 8 hundred bucks. So on ebay I have been searching and wondering if anyone with some technical nouse could give me an opinion on the likely success of this tablet. Hoping that someone can help.

Dual Sim with LTE + WCDMA + GSM.

2G GSM : 850/900/1800/1900MHz

3G WCDMA: 850/ 900 / 1900 / 2000MHz

4G LTE : BAND 1 / 2 / 3 / 5 / 7 / 8 / 20 / 38 / 39 / 40 / 41

Features Highlights

* Fastest - most advanced OCTA-Core (Eight Core) 1.6Ghz with Mali-T720
* Gorgeous appearance: 10.1 inch HD display with 1280 X 800 resolutions
* Powerful GPU: Mali-T720 GPU version : OpenGL ES 3.1
* Ultra-thin and fashionable design:
* The newest, most popular and hottest system: Android 5.1 operating system
* Supports 1080p HD play, and 3D games

Features:
1. Contemporary slim-line design, easily fit into your pocket
2. Android 5.1 OS, support nearly all popular applications
3. HD IPS screen with 1280 X 800 high resolution brings you a stunning visual impact
4. Powerful OCTA-core processor together with fast Internet connection offers best web browsing experience
5. A front 1.9MP and a rear 5.0MP built-in cameras capture !
6. 4+16GB built-in memory provides plenty of storage space for all your pictures, videos and other media
7. 5500mAh large capacity battery
8. Dual SIM allow you to have a nice balance of work and life

Specification :
-10.1" Android MT8752
-Android 5.1
-10.1" 5 Point Capacitive Screen
-1280 X 800 pixels
-MTK MT MT8752 , Mali-T720
-4GB RAM
-Built-in approx. 11GB (mark 16GB from supplier, some used for device system)
-Support 32 GB micro card ( micro SD memory card not include).
-Front Camera: 1.9 Mega Back Camera:5.0 Mega
-Wifi : Yes
-2G / 3G/ 4G : Built In 4G modem with dual sim card slot - supports 4G/3G/2G, internet data and network phone calls
-Power 5500 mAh (Mark as supplier)
-AC Adapter Input 100/240V
-Color: White or Gold

-Software Support
-Support MS Office Word, PPT, Excel
-Built-in 3D Accelerator. Support 3D gaming
-Email, POP3/SMTP/IMAP4

-Android apps : QQ, Video Player, Google Map, Play Store (can install by yourself) etc..........

-Multi-Media

Video : AVI, MP4, FLV, 3GP, MKV, WMV etc.

Audio : MP3, WMA, OGG, AAC, WAV FLAC etc.
Picture : JPG/BMP/PNG/GIF
E-Book : PDF, TXT etc.

Ports:

- 1 x Micro USB Host/ Charge port

- 1 x TF/MicroSD card slot

- 2 x Sim Card slot - standard size sim card

- 1x Earphone Jack

-Multiple Language ( can ask us for your language support )

-Support GPS

-Wifi

-Hotspot

-Bluetooth

Size : 168 X 240 X 8

Weight : 494

Get an iPad mini 4. I am also an android kind of person :) (No offense). I flew P3S initially with an Infinix zero 3 (octacore processor, 3GB of RAM), but I was struggling badly with video lag. I bought iPad mini 4, exclusively for flying P3S. Never had any issue ever since

Reactions: Jonathan Huff
Get an iPad mini 4. I am also an android kind of person :) (No offense). I flew P3S initially with an Infinix zero 3 (octacore processor, 3GB of RAM), but I was struggling badly with video lag. I bought iPad mini 4, exclusively for flying P3S. Never had any issue ever since

Thanks for the reply, can't really afford an ipad, and I also have a fundamental dislike of big corporations controlling my choices. I am a Linux and android rebel. Also I couldn't find the processor speed in the specs, and ram is only 2gb.

However thanks for your experience, if nothing else convinces me then I might have to swallow my pride. Lol. Cheers.

I can't afford to be spending 7 or 8 hundred bucks
I'm not sure where you live, but a brand new iPad Mini 4 is selling for about $299 in the US. You could buy it used for less than that. If you're not into tinkering/tweaking Android tablets and just want something that works well right out of the box, then an iPad Mini 4 is what you want.

Thanks for the reply, can't really afford an ipad, and I also have a fundamental dislike of big corporations controlling my choices. I am a Linux and android rebel. Also I couldn't find the processor speed in the specs, and ram is only 2gb.

However thanks for your experience, if nothing else convinces me then I might have to swallow my pride. Lol. Cheers.

I feel the same way. I just can't do the Apple thing. I use this never had a problem. There are a lot of non-Apple products that work.

Xiaomi Mi Pad 2

Reactions: Traveling Man
Mate I'm a big android fan and tbf hate Apple. After toying about with several android devices Tab a included I almost lost my drone when android crashed.
Conclusion I purchased an Ipad mini just for the drone. Expensive:yes worth it:yes would I recommend apple products:no lol.
Take from that what u want.

Reactions: Traveling Man
I just bought the new iPad that came out 2 months ago. Went to Best Buy and it was on sale for $299. It's tight but it does fit in the P4 remote control holder.

I feel the same way. I just can't do the Apple thing. I use this never had a problem. There are a lot of non-Apple products that work.

Xiaomi Mi Pad 2
How do you get on with the xiaomi mi pad 2 in general and specifically for flying. I've been looking at it for ages but found it hard to find someone with one. Which spec one did you get and do you use litchi or just dji go on it. Sorry to be a pain but any advice greatly appreciated.

How do you get on with the xiaomi mi pad 2 in general and specifically for flying. I've been looking at it for ages but found it hard to find someone with one. Which spec one did you get and do you use litchi or just dji go on it. Sorry to be a pain but any advice greatly appreciated.

I use it exclusively for my Pro with the DJI Go app. I will get back with the specs.

I use it exclusively for my Pro with the DJI Go app. I will get back with the specs.
[HK Stock]Xiaomi MiPad 2 Android5.1 2GB/16GB 7.9 Inch Intel Cherry Trail Z8500 Quad Core 2.2GHz Tablet PC IPS 2048*1536 Type-C - Gold

Nice one thanks for that
There are a bunch of android devices that work. Some might need a tweek here and there but there are a lot of them being used by people on this forum. Never liked the attitude of apple, to controlling. Just can't understand standing in line for a product you can pick up a few days later, just seems so weak.

Reactions: Lurch953
So it really comes down to DJI doing some sort of sweetheart deal with Apple and not actually providing an app that works reliably on android, yet listing a number of devices that are supposed to work. I reckon thats got to be close to illegal advertising. Really pissed off right now DJI.

So it really comes down to DJI doing some sort of sweetheart deal with Apple and not actually providing an app that works reliably on android, yet listing a number of devices that are supposed to work. I reckon thats got to be close to illegal advertising. Really pissed off right now DJI.
I don't think the list is updated or at least much energy put into verifying what products will work. As for programming software for android definitely slanted to Apple.

I had the same anti-Apple sentiment as long as practical... but the resistance became impractical. They work... can't deny that.

As I also wanted a cost effective, dedicated solution, so I settled on a used but excellent condition mini 2. No problems.

I use Android only and my Tab A is dedicated to my phantom - nothing else.
Haven't had a problem with it.
I was running it with USB debugging still on cause I didn't know it existed until a couple of weeks ago.
No real need to turn it off but someone said it was better if you did.
Can't say I've noticed any difference though.

Pretty much boils down to, do I want to be a rebel and have a sub par App or be an Apple zombie with a device that works smoothly. I have Samsung tablets and phones but I have a Mini and Air 2 just for my Flying Apps. It just seems like it's a crap shoot if an Android is going to work right.

Pretty much boils down to, do I want to be a rebel and have a sub par App or be an Apple zombie with a device that works smoothly. I have Samsung tablets and phones but I have a Mini and Air 2 just for my Flying Apps. It just seems like it's a crap shoot if an Android is going to work right.
I think everything gets dissected on the forums which is good. I don't think its that random. It worked fine with my Samsung Note 4 also just to small of a screen for my eyeballs..

I think everything gets dissected on the forums which is good. I don't think its that random. It worked fine with my Samsung Note 4 also just to small of a screen for my eyeballs..

Don't be TOO hard on yourself... the best part of my eyeballs is reading small, up close stuff but it's just no where near as much fun as it is on a larger screen.

I got the mini 2 and love it but now that I have the "new" 10" I'm tempted to use that... boaters and trailer camper owners get two-foot-itis... small screen users get two-inch-itis...

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BobDan