New controller broken

Reaction score
Just got my new Phantom 3 pro in the mail today and upgraded the firmware of the controller and the drone. Went outside to test it, and found the antenna was broken. Now I had just bought this off of Amazon, and it shipped from All e Rc.

Anyone have any idea on how they are going to fix this ? Am I going to have to ship the whole thing back or are they going to have to send me a new controller ? Can the antenna be removed and a new on put on ?

I am thinking I should hold off on any flying until I hear back from them. Sucks cause I wanted to fly it.

Attachments

• 20160604_155710.jpg
    20160604_155710.jpg
    4.3 MB · Views: 355
It's an excuse to get a set of panel antennas... it replaces the broken part. Then if you choose to boost later you will already have the right connections to do so as well.

If you intend to do that you can probably tape that stationary until the clean install kit arrives and fly it fine. The wire is still there.

Just heard back that they will give me an rma number to ship it back on Monday. Still don't know if I am shipping just the controller or the whole drone package.

This is what happens when you bend the antenna back the wrong way.
Do you see those little white pins sticking out of the holes of the antenna piece and antenna base? Those slide into the holes on the antenna base. Just pop them out, lower the antenna on the antenna base, line up the holes and slide the pins in.

This is what happens when you bend the antenna back the wrong way.
Do you see those little white pins sticking out of the holes of the antenna piece and antenna base? Those slide into the holes on the antenna base. Just pop them out, lower the antenna on the antenna base, line up the holes and slide the pins in.

The antenna was broken out of the box, The little white pins are broken off.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl