New battery best practices?

I find talking about batteries is fun :grinning:

And that's fine. Some people do, but most people get all hyper and excited because of all the hype surrounding LiPo batteries (or other chemistries too for that matter) when all most people need to do is just charge and fly.

Let's be honest, OK? People spend all this time thinking they are going to squeeze every last drop of life out of a battery, when in reality, they will likely quit the hobby, crash and quit, or a new craft will come along using a new battery that they just have to have, before they ever even get close to the useful life of the battery expiring anyway. That's kinda my point.

People worry too much. Have fun and fly. That formula's been working fine for me for 25 years and I still have LiPo's I bought when LiPo's first came out and I can still fly them. They may not last quite as long as they used to, but they work. They're not "smart." They are stored however they were when I may have touched them last, and they live in a shop that's +100 degrees sometimes in the summer and often below freezing in the winter. Sure there are "best practices," but here's no need to turn it into a separate hobby. Not for most people. :)

And that's fine. Some people do, but most people get all hyper and excited because of all the hype surrounding LiPo batteries (or other chemistries too for that matter) when all most people need to do is just charge and fly.

Let's be honest, OK? People spend all this time thinking they are going to squeeze every last drop of life out of a battery, when in reality, they will likely quit the hobby, crash and quit, or a new craft will come along using a new battery that they just have to have, before they ever even get close to the useful life of the battery expiring anyway. That's kinda my point.

People worry too much. Have fun and fly. That formula's been working fine for me for 25 years and I still have LiPo's I bought when LiPo's first came out and I can still fly them. They may not last quite as long as they used to, but they work. They're not "smart." They are stored however they were when I may have touched them last, and they live in a shop that's +100 degrees sometimes in the summer and often below freezing in the winter. Sure there are "best practices," but here's no need to turn it into a separate hobby. Not for most people. :)

Right on Wilson "Have fun and fly"

Reactions: WilsonFlyer

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl