New App Update Limits RTH Altitude???

Is your Phantom connected to DJI GO? It appears not to be in the above screenshot.

You'll also want to make sure your Phantom is connected to DJI GO when changing that setting. But, I'm assuming that's what you and/or the dealer already tried.
No it’s not I’ll connect it and send u a screenshot

And, just to confirm, are you saying RTH states 20m to 50m when your Phantom is connected to DJI GO?

Okay hopefully that’s answers
And, just to confirm, are you saying RTH states 20m to 50m when your Phantom is connected to DJI GO?
Yes that’s correct. I am able to change altitude between these parameters only.

Attachments

• 0A04D4E2-97F2-42DA-A7D8-C4881045AE62.png
    0A04D4E2-97F2-42DA-A7D8-C4881045AE62.png
    2 MB · Views: 288
  • E2838DB4-EA35-4F27-9A22-D3C226B8B12D.png
    E2838DB4-EA35-4F27-9A22-D3C226B8B12D.png
    2.1 MB · Views: 305
If you click the "DJI" logo at the top left of DJI GO (to get back to the home screen) and select "Me" at the bottom right, does it look like you're logged into your account?

If you click the "DJI" logo at the top left of DJI GO (to get back to the home screen) and select "Me" at the bottom right, does it look like you're logged into your account?
Yes it does, it shows my name, I can logout, sunk flight records etc !

Do you have another mobile device you can use just to rule out the mobile device and/or that DJI GO installation as the issue?

2BF3202C-657C-4F3A-BC9E-1051B6AE6DCA.png

Do you have another mobile device you can use just to rule out the mobile device and/or that DJI GO installation as the issue?
no unfortunately I dont although I could use my wife’s iPhone (I’m in a new iPad mini 2) ! Should I try this next ?

Yes. Install DJI GO and connect it to your Phantom to see if you are able to reproduce the same issue with the RTH Altitude setting.

Thwarted wife’s iPhone not compatible. My daughter has an iPad etc but she’s out so cannot use until she is back in but I’ll give this a try ASAP and report back, thanks so much for your help, appreciated. Do all versions of my updates look okay to you ?

Yes. Install DJI GO and connect it to your Phantom to see if you are able to reproduce the same issue with the RTH Altitude setting.
Just to let you know DJI contacted me and asked exactly the same questions you asked so I was prepared with my screenshots etc. My daughter would not let me borrow her phone though ! I will try with another iPad as soon as I can but thank you so much for your help today whatever your name is.
Regards
Stuart

If I open litchi there does not seem to be any difficulty setting RTH altitude i.e I can set to my usual 100m !

I've run into this issue tooth everything the latest in software/firmware (including the .600 beta for the P4) and am logged in to DJI. I posted the question in the last couple of days to the moderators over at the DJI P4 Forums, and the Moderator replied that this is a known issue with 4.1.18 GO 4 app, and should be fixed in the next update.
Another quirk I've found is that the GO app seems not to allow us to customize the channels (after previous threads I've found ch. 20 to be good and left it there). Since AFAIK for me was OK after the July firmware release (including Litchi after they got the update info), I'd like to downgrade back to that point. I know I can bring the bird back to that "official" release, but not sure about the controller firmware. Any thoughts?

I posted the question in the last couple of days to the moderators over at the DJI P4 Forums, and the Moderator replied that this is a known issue with 4.1.18 GO 4 app, and should be fixed in the next update.
If that's the issue, then shouldn't you downgrade DJI GO instead of the bird?

If that's the issue, then shouldn't you downgrade DJI GO instead of the bird?

Yes indeed...if I knew where DJI archives them or if they do. I,d like to have the version in effect around the time of the last official firmware release in July. The only release in the App Store is 4.1.18 of the GO 4 app.

if I knew where DJI archives them or if they do. I,d like to have the version in effect around the time of the last official firmware release in July. The only release in the App Store is 4.1.18 of the GO 4 app.
Check out this thread.

The latest GO 4 update that came out a day or two ago seems to have fixed both the RTH Altitude and Custom Channel setting.

I always have to manually sign out close the app then sign in again I do this after my controller and aircraft are on and connected. I don’t know why but I can be connected from a flight I jus finished 10 min ago then try to start up after changing battery and I will have to go thru the prices again “manually sign out, close the app, then sign back in all while the aircraft and controller are already connected and ready to fly. See if that works for you.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
src72