Never buy DJI drones - A nightmare with Phantom products

Try following this video tutorial (for linking) and let us know what happens

As to the RTh issue there is no issue from what you have described.

Your survey is meaningless given the sample size. For example, how can 100% of all DJI owners be dissatisfied with the service when it seems most never have cause to contact DJI?

Let’s see if we can get you in the air as a starting point. We can even try and solve the mystery with what happened to the first AC if your interested in perusing it.

You are good at math/stats. However, that is the only data that we currently got from this list at this stage, and best describe the products, agree?

"how can 100% of all DJI owners be dissatisfied with the service when it seems most never have cause to contact DJI?"

Sorry, but my explanation is: 100% of customers who used the DJI/Phantom technical/customer services are not satisfied. Make sense now?

If 50 people speak up, still does not make sense? Plus this website is biased to DJI since most people are lovers of Phantom products.

If the votes are more than 50 people, we may let Frank Wang and Roger Luo know - it is for DJI good.

You are good at math/stats. However, that is the only data that we currently got from this list at this stage, and best describe the products, agree?

"how can 100% of all DJI owners be dissatisfied with the service when it seems most never have cause to contact DJI?"

Sorry, but my explanation is: 100% of customers who used the DJI/Phantom technical/customer services are not satisfied. Make sense now?

If 50 people speak up, still does not make sense? Plus this website is biased to DJI since most people are lovers of Phantom products.

If the votes are more than 50 people, we may let Frank Wang and Roger Luo know - it is for DJI good.
No. I don’t agree.

What I do suspect is your time would almost certainly be better invested in resolving your issues (you will find plenty of help here) than grizzlimg about DJI.

Ok- so now we know you have a phantom SE. Have you followed the linking instructions in the manual?

Reactions: BigAl07

Mate, let it go. I've worked in underground mining as a maintenance manager for many years and have dealt with contracts and acquisitions worth tens of millions of dollars. Yes there exists a plethora of negative opinions regarding varying brands (Sandvik, Atlas Copco and Caterpillar to name but three) based on bias, poor information and brand bondage, but if I was to follow your lead, I would be standing there at a box cut or portal with a shovel too debilitated to make a decision. You have a flying camera that we can help with if you can only take that leap of faith.

Jgyao2010.. Brother.. Stop with arguments about how bad DJIs customer service is. If you will get past the continued bashing these guys will help you get your P3 flying properly. But you have to be willing to do the things suggested by members here and answer their questions as well as you can.

Stats:
Gingerbroke: like a lottery.
For Ginger, "Lottery" means that the product is not reliable. Sounds like a negative comments? If so, the Phantom 3 products and services are worse than above numbers.

My experiences with both P3 are 100% satisfaction, P2V+ about 90% (I had to deal with cracks myself). My comments about 'lottery' are based on the fact that although I've not had any issues with P3 there are many users on these forums who have - I'm grateful that both my P3 are solid but aware that I'm fortunate. I took the general advice on these forums of not updating firmware on a phantom that works.

The firmware issues are totally putting me off upgrading to P4 (which seems very flaky according to these forums).

Of course, people don't generally migrate to a public forum to complain or seek help when everything is going well - so trying to extrapolate from numbers here has got to be very flawed? I used to spend time on a forum for British sports cars and if you read through the posts for help/problems you would NEVER go near one.

My experience of this forum (and private messages) are that if you seek help and work with the people who chime in you will almost certainly improve your experience of DJI products.

The OP is unwilling to provide actual details of his issues and uninterested in either help or explanations of technical details related to his supposed "issues". BigA107, WithTheBirds and others are incredibly knowledgeable, patient and helpful members and are unfairly being dissed' by this recalcitrant newcomer. jgyao2010 please provide real information and stop throwing around accusations of the forum's collusion with DJI and spouting deeply flawed statistics.

edit: I made statements earlier that were my opinion only and were unfair to the OP, whether or not they were true, I've deleted them.

Last edited:
Reactions: ArJay and Budman
^^^

BigA107 has the patience of a saint.
Why would anyone just go buy a 2nd drone because he can't figure out the first one?
Then can't figure out the 2nd one
When I first had a question I didn't throw a hissy fit about DJI,
I came here and listened to everyone and got my questions answered

I'm going to go way out on a limb here and risk my membership in this forum by stating my opinion of this thread and OP. None of this happened, he doesn't own a P3 or any other DJI drone. He is a paid naysayer of a competing company. He is unwilling to provide actual details of his issues and uninterested in either help or explanations of technical details related to his supposed "issues". BigA107, WithTheBirds and others are incredibly knowledgeable, patient and helpful members and are unfairly being dissed' by this recalcitrant newcomer. If I am wrong, jgyao2010 please provide real information and stop throwing around accusations of the forum's collusion with DJI and spouting deeply flawed statistics.
Plenty of knowledge around here, we all have part of it- I do try and be helpful but I’m definitely not patient Mate. I think the OP probably does have an SE and good chance he will get it up and flying soon. Hopefully he will stick around and share with others once he has learnt something.

My P4 has over 450 flights and 2200 km and flys like a charm. RTH works fine and I find in a loss of conection situation it doe's what it has to as per your settings. Landing with RTH I never do as I regain control as soon as I have com. The few times I tested RTH precision it was about 4 feet off (pretty darn good). DJI for the price of a Phantom has lot's of technology that in my opinion is a super good value for the money I have invested. This forum has many exellent pilots that will help you get the most from your craft, you will get way better advice here then a dji call center for sure. The majority of the problems I see here are the cause of the operator not knowing the crafts capabilities or how GO configures the bird.

My friend & neighbour got into flying by buying a P3A & without even glancing at the manual or asking one of us for help, put his P3A in the air & lost in in 3 minutes. He spent at least a week bashing DJI on supplying him a faulty product. Once he settled down & came to one of our meets, we not only helped him find his drone but got him to read/understand the basics of launching, landing, RTH & he is now one of the biggest DJI drone fans in Canada. Can you find a local store or flyers that could help you to at least get in the air?

83% of Phantom 3 users have issues with the product; and 100% people are not happy with
the dji/Phantom customer/technical services.

Here's another thread that's current (ongoing today) about DJI Customer Service:
Warranty repair

I’ve posted about the experience I just had withDJI customers service. We had a few hiccups at first but they came thru with a fine refurbished P3A. It took a total of 3 weeks and I got a free hat to boot.

Reactions: Helihover
I got to page three send could not read any more without responding.
First, I am sorry for your troubles. My first drone had flaws, so i was extremely unhappy with my purchase. Dealing with DJI was a nightmare. I never want to deal with them again. I got shafted, too. Not as bad as you, but i am not surprised by your treatment based on my own.
On top of all your troubles with DJI, you are dealing with all the bad responses here on this thread, I am sorry for you having to put up with that, too.
Too bad DJI gets away with this kind of thing. I have nothing good to say about DJI, except that if you have a good product, count your blessings.
If you have one good product, why would you buy three of the same (unless you have a school)? Sounds a little wacky. This last comment concerns another responder.

Reactions: With The Birds
I got to page three send could not read any more without responding.

I got to page three and, given the OPs ill attitude and resistance to being helped, wondered why in the world I wasted all that time.

On top of all your troubles with DJI, you are dealing with all the bad responses here on this thread,

"bad responses"... really? The OP has attracted the attention of, and helpful responses from, some of the best analytical minds on this forum... yet refuses to cooperate. And has now disappeared for over a week... can you say 'troll'?

If you have one good product, why would you buy three of the same (unless you have a school)? Sounds a little wacky. This last comment concerns another responder.

Or an Aerial Photography business? Maybe the 'other responder' has a legitimate business reason to own several of the same tools in the furtherance of his business.

For three pages I held out hope of the OP actually answering legitimate questions, asked only to help solve his problems, and of me learning a little something else... not on this thread though!

Last edited:
Sorry I'm late getting to this party. I just found this thread. Obviously, the OP is very angry with DJI over two (reportedly) defective products. After repeated ongoing attempts by so many here to identify which model the OP has and to earnestly help him with whatever the problem is, we learned very late that it's a P3SE. I get it that he's angry over the bad experience with DJI but, it's clear that his anger is clouding his judgement and preventing him from accepting help from those are in a position to do just that. It appears that his primary mission is to find a forum to vent that anger and to lash out at those who seek to help him. Some people are just angry and don't want to let that go. Life is too short.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl