Nervous pilot..

Hang in there and just stick to flying it around, set different things on the ground in various locations in sight and practice going from one to the next hovering above , take a picture, take a video , play with the camera control, do this until you can rapidly cycle threw your waypoints with good pictures. After that then just keep placing your shots further and further away.

I would stay clear of return to home for now, if you are close to home point take off it's just going to land right there when you activate. If you want to set return to home then do your research on the functions and understand them fully. Because if your getting that far out of sight are that far away you need to have your return to home set higher any obstacle it may encounter. The P4 when active return home is set the P4 will ascend to the pre set altitude, then come straight back. If your flying low and are not sure what's above you then activating return home would lead to collisions. P4 can not see above it

I know how you feel. I look at my Phantom 4 and polish it and look at it and do not want to fly it. It is a piece of art. I don't want to fly it in case it gets damaged. I take it out of its case and care for it and polish it. All the settings are looked at carefully. I never fly it out of sight and land it well before the battery runs low. I love my Phantom. I am saving up for an Inspire 2. I may well polish that as well and fly it with great care.

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots

You can rub that inspire with bees wax cause it's mostly carbon, lol. You sound like I was when I got my First 10k dollar Cessna

Reactions: Les Davidson
Further, I keep my Phantom 4 in warm conditions and discharge the batteries in 4 days. I have engine covers and polish it regularly. I do not fly over congested areas. I do not like filming people. I only fly over landscape without people. Take care and fly away from people.

Reactions: Fancher9-76
Hi Fancher yes, I am ex RAF and love planes. I treat my Phantom like a plane and do a full pre flight check. Old habits die hard.

Hi Everyone,

I have had my Phantom 3 Advanced a little while now but still a bit nervous of sending it long distances away from me and I know I should not be any advice would be appreciated...

I was thinkin about you yesterday when my Phantom was ~500 meters from me over the ocean, which is WAY farther than I have even be over water.

There was this boat, and man it looked way closer but I pushed out there and when I looked down it said distance, something like 500 meters which is close to my furthest distance away as it is.

o_O

The video came out nice though

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jumperswaves