Neither P4P will maintain altitude

Ok. I posted a video of my flight 4 posts up if you want further evidence. Good luck, let us know how it goes.

Thank you. At this point, I think my only option is either the dealer or DJI to chime in with an idea of what could be going on. The only thing left is hardware related I would assume at this point ?

Last edited:
Strange it didn't seem to do it when traveling backwards?
That is a substantial drop in a short distance! Wonder if it would keep dropping if you continued... although it would be fatal to try.

That is very strange. I meant to put this up earlier. Something must have happened by going out west with these for it to affect all of them in the same exact way. How could all barometers be off like this and unable to be fixed?

Alright guys. I flew again today. Before I flew, I did a few things I haven't tried before. I reverted back to the oldest firmware possible, did an imu calibration, upgraded to the next oldest, imu calibration, and finally the newest firmware, followed by a imu calibration and compass calibration. None of this had any affect on the problems I've been having unfortunately. While I was out there, I did a few quick flights up the street. Hopefully this more accurate shows just how quick the drones are descending. I'm at a loss at this point. Thanks for looking.

Dropbox - 2-6-17
I honestly believe something happened to your all of your drones at some point during your trip that affected the barometer. My bet is all 3 need to be serviced by DJI for repair.

I'm kind of thinking that exact same thing but have struggled to come up with what could have happened.

I'm kind of thinking that exact same thing but have struggled to come up with what could have happened.
Perhaps they were shipped via air in an unpressurized space, at a high altitude...?

With all three affected you would assume it was a shared component, probably the barometer. Perhaps extreme temperature exposure?

Yes I agree. I just can't imagine what could have happened to affect them all in the same way. They are all in cases and well protected. It's a semi trailer so I can't imagine things got too crazy from SC to CA. Especially something that could have caused damage in this way. I'm hoping the dealer will switch them out, but if not, I guess I will have to send them back to DJI. Explaining that problem to them may be a little difficult.

I also have the same issue with my P4P losing height in the same situation. The drone loses approx 10% of lift when the right stick is pushed forward.

I'm sorry to hear you're also having problems. I wish we had more answers. Did you just get yours?

What kind of cases were they in? If it was a pelican type I wonder if the pressure relief valve in the cases were closed could have affected anything. Doubtful but just a thought

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

Makes no sense. At this point we are down to Area 51 speculation! Hopefully DJI take care of it.

Yes I agree. I just can't imagine what could have happened to affect them all in the same way. They are all in cases and well protected. It's a semi trailer so I can't imagine things got too crazy from SC to CA. Especially something that could have caused damage in this way. I'm hoping the dealer will switch them out, but if not, I guess I will have to send them back to DJI. Explaining that problem to them may be a little difficult.
For the unit you posted logs, just tell them the barometer values are way off and you've done several IMU calibrations (which should reset/calibrate you baro) with no change.

By the way your IMU calibration is performed on an absolutely level surface right?

Sent from my Pixel XL using PhantomPilots mobile app

Thanks. I met with the dealer today. He was stumped as well. He doesn't know how to read the logs so he agreed to ship one of them off for me. When I get that one back, I will post what they found hopefully. Yes imu calibrations level in all kinds of environments just to be sure. I appreciate everyone's help.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jakob08z