Need help.

Reaction score
Everytime I fly my done and shoot a video everything seems to work as it should. The problem I have is when I connect a USB cable to the drone and then to my computer. When I upload the videos to my laptop it will not allow me to play my videos. If I take single pictures I can see and view them but just not videos. I've used 2 different laptops with the same result. Any advice or help would be incredibly welcome.

Sent from my XT1585 using PhantomPilots mobile app

Take sd card out and put that into a sd card adapter. Copy to pc. Edit them from there on pc.

Reactions: Kirby Johnson
I have an SD card reader and have tried that as well. Same result.

Also, look around in the settings in your bird and see that it is set to the correct video format when it records. I believe there is a choice of .MOV, MP4 and maybe another one or two. The setting is normally used to set it up for either windows playback or Apple.

Reactions: GrammatonxXXxCleric
That is true. You could convert it online if that's the case...

If the video plays with VLAN player, then it is a codec issue.

And the videos need to be copied to the pc. Not played from usb to drone.

When I upload the videos to my laptop it will not allow me to play my videos. If I take single pictures I can see and view them but just not videos. I've used 2 different laptops with the same result. Any advice or help would be incredibly welcome.

Lots of possibly helpful suggestions here but until we can figure out cause of problem, could be making things worse.
1. Firstly are laptops running Windows or are they Apple?
2. What exactly leads you to say it won't play the video? What application are you trying to use.
3. Do other MP4 videos play?

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots

Almost sounds like he is trying to play video directly on drone through USB cable.

I only connected the drone to the laptop to upload the videos to the computer from the SD card. Then I disconnected it.. I tried taking the card out and using a card reader also. Trying to watch the mp4 video with Windows Media Player. I can look at the still pictures I took but the videos won't play. I don't have any other 4k videos that play. This is my first time trying to do this

So you are trying to watch 4K?

Some pc's wont/cant play that large. Record in 1080p and see if that will play..

Trying to play 4k,that's correct. But I'll try changing to 1080p. Thanks for all the help. I'm crossing my fingers

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ctlfreak