Need help with Firmware Update

Reaction score
Hello,

I got my P3 Pro yesterday. I charged the batteries and controller to 100%. I formatted the card that came with the P3 as well as a second 64 gig card I bought. I went through the DJI firmware procedures as well as lots of video's on You Tube. I downloaded the file, Mac, extracted the files. I read the PDF instructions and place the file on the SD card that came with the P3. I turned on the P3 and the update started, the lights on the gimbal flashed and it made the D-D-D-D noise. I went to get some coffee and when I came back the lights on the gimbal were off but the noise was still going. This went on for over an hour. I had to finally shut the unit down, it was after midnight. Now I have not turned it back on yet. What are my options?

It would be unusual to take more than an hour, but it does vary depending on factors such as what version it was on before.
The change to beeps indicating completed is rather (too) subtle and your text file might show it was done.
There's a tiny LED on the front of the camera/gimbal which alternates red-green during the update then goes solid green when done.

I just removed the card and read the text file:

========== 2014.01.01 00:00:12 unsynchronized ======
Packet: P3X_FW_V01.04.0010.bin
Upgrading ...

Ok, removed the card, deleted the file. I then re-downloaded the file and unzipped it. Place the card back in the P3 and the update worked.

========== 2014.01.01 00:00:12 remo-con disconnect======
Packet: P3X_FW_V01.04.0010.bin
Upgrading ...
Result: Success.

What about the controller? I'm at the same point as you, but my controller won't seem to update.

When I run the update on the controller, the generated text files indicates:
"Abort
The firmware on the SD card is identical to or older than the current firmware on the remote controller."

However, when everything is powered up and I click "Safe to Fly" on the app, it says:
"Overall Status: Update Required:
RC requires upgrade: "The RC doesn't support upgrading firmware through App, please upgrade the firmware with USB disk."

So which is it, DJI? Am I up to date or not?

My versions:
Aircraft: 1.4.10
RC: 1.1.8

What about the controller? I'm at the same point as you, but my controller won't seem to update.

Okay, I think I see the problem. It is hinted at in this poorly worded, broken English statement on the Firmware page:

"The All-in-One firmware v1.4.0010 does not include remote controller update package. However, for the best user experience, it is recommended that the users who are using the firmware that older than v1.3.20 to update the firmware to v1.3.20 before updating the aircraft."

Reactions: brianb87
I used the DJI Go App to upgrade the Controller. I then did the IMU, Gimbal and compass calibrations. Just did my first flight and it went great, short but good.

Reactions: bobmyers
Can anyone tell me if the batteries need updating with the 1.4 firmware?

Yes, the battery will be done at the time of the update in the P3. If you have another battery, place it in the P3 and got through the update again. It won't take as long but the battery will be updated as well.

Can anyone tell me if the batteries need updating with the 1.4 firmware?
Yes. But like the RC firmware, it wont update the battery with the 1.4 firmware.
Download 1.3.2 and leave on the SD card. Insert battery and power on. The battery updates should take less than a minute each.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl