Need help to choose the best gimbal

Reaction score
Hello everyone,
I am new with the phantom and I just purchased phantom vision 2. I want to improve the stability of the videos and I found that there is something called " gimbal :shock: " that I can attache to my phantom to make it stable in video recording. Can you please help me to choose which one is the best with reasonable price and does this thing really help.
Can you please attached a website or an Amazon link to where to find the best one, btw I live in US.

Thank you for your help

I think the best one hands down is Rotorpixel. It's not the cheapest but certainly not the most expensive and probably the best overall quality which will fit your Phantom 2 Vision Camera with the option of a GoPro mount should you wish to use gopro at the expense of loosing your FPV feed. It may also have a 3rd axis upgrade later on. There are two big threads regarding it. Check there.

Another popular one is the 3D Printed Taco Supreme gimbal It works okay for some but I don't think the motors on it are as strong as some say it wont work at all with the lens filter kit attached.

There is also one by Drone Expert but to me it's way over priced and not up to the level of quality as the Rotor Pixel gimbal.

I just purchased the phantom vision 2 a week ago from amazon and I believe that I have the option to return it and replace it with the vision 2+. If I replace it I will add 300$ more for the vision 2+ do you think its worth it instead of buying a gimbal that costs 400$ of 500$

If you have any inkling that you want a good stabalized gimbal its a no brained that you should go with the P2V+. And on top of the great 3 axis stabalized gimbal you get nearly double the WiFi fpv range as you do the regular vision. Mods tho would put the two on equal footing.

If you think you might buy another aircraft type within a year, then the Rotorpixel gimbal can be carried over to non-Phantom Vision aircraft and used with a Gopro (with special mount). It is also going to get a third axis upgrade at some point. You would be able to return your Vision to stock to sell/give away/keep and fly and have a three-axis gimbal ready to go for your new aircraft.

If you are happy with the Vision as a platform and don't see yourself wanting to move to bigger/different quads or using different/higher quality cameras in the future then I would probably tie myself into the Vision+ and enjoy it. Think on though, I was adamant I would be happy with just a Vision and now 6 months later I'm building an F450 on the kitchen table... just a warning, it can get addictive! :)

Pull_Up said:
If you think you might buy another aircraft type within a year, then the Rotorpixel gimbal can be carried over to non-Phantom Vision aircraft and used with a Gopro (with special mount). It is also going to get a third axis upgrade at some point. You would be able to return your Vision to stock to sell/give away/keep and fly and have a three-axis gimbal ready to go for your new aircraft.

If you are happy with the Vision as a platform and don't see yourself wanting to move to bigger/different quads or using different/higher quality cameras in the future then I would probably tie myself into the Vision+ and enjoy it. Think on though, I was adamant I would be happy with just a Vision and now 6 months later I'm building an F450 on the kitchen table... just a warning, it can get addictive! :)

Your kitchen table is nice, I like it.. Can I have it? Uhm you can leave the f450 on it :p

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl