Naza v2 LED sequence question

Reaction score
To users of Naza v2, a question please. Whilst it may seem a bit of a no brain - I cannot find the answer.

And yes I've read the manual again and again, but that is not the sequence I am getting.

So the question is- on powering up from cold, what is the LED sequence you see for, say, the first 30 secs?

discv said:
To users of Naza v2, a question please. Whilst it may seem a bit of a no brain - I cannot find the answer.

And yes I've read the manual again and again, but that is not the sequence I am getting.

So the question is- on powering up from cold, what is the LED sequence you see for, say, the first 30 secs?

It can be a combination of things. Assuming you are in GPS and have your transmitter on and your compass is aligned, then you will probably get the warmup sequence, system startup/self check sequence and then a green followed by three reds initially. But there are variables - what are you getting?

Ok- what I am seeing:

Sometimes just a couple of orange flashes [ and I mean not even a whole 4 flash sequence].

We then get the single green and 3 reds. As the reds reduce, each time it confirms a new home lock.

It's the very first bit that has me questioning. Nil warm up from cold?

Post up a video and we can tell you if it's normal.

Generally, it's red-green-yellow cycling a few times, followed by 4-5 quick greens, and then it goes into whatever mode it's getting from the TX (fast yellow for no TX, green/red for GPS, yellow/red for ATTI, etc.)

discv said:
Ok- what I am seeing:

Sometimes just a couple of orange flashes [ and I mean not even a whole 4 flash sequence].

We then get the single green and 3 reds. As the reds reduce, each time it confirms a new home lock.

It's the very first bit that has me questioning. Nil warm up from cold?

It is probably normal. I usually get a few flashes (that I don't bother with). The ones that come after it sits for a bit are usually the important ones. If something is wrong (or right) it tells you over and over.

And - elguano's suggestion to post a video is important. It is hard to troubleshoot in the blind. However, I think this is a non-issue.

The orange flashes are just the warm up phase. On my phantom it would take a little longer but eventually lock in. If it goes on for too long. ..time for calibration. Get some music and do the dance. If that fails time to hook it up to your computer.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

Thanks folks- But I am still troubled.

I am used to my P1 original LED display.

This rerecording of the home position as satellites are acquired,is new to me, and I guess a firmware update feature.

But it is the total lack of 4x orange for warm up. Different forums- different answers!

Some say the v2 does not go through a warm up phase- others say I have a faulty Naza.

So to my original question- does the Naza v2, from cold, go through a warm up sequence or not?

discv said:
Thanks folks- But I am still troubled.

I am used to my P1 original LED display.

This rerecording of the home position as satellites are acquired,is new to me, and I guess a firmware update feature.

But it is the total lack of 4x orange for warm up. Different forums- different answers!

Some say the v2 does not go through a warm up phase- others say I have a faulty Naza.

So to my original question- does the Naza v2, from cold, go through a warm up sequence or not?

It does a self-check - while the motors are chirping (red-green-yellow x 3), warmup (yellow x 4), and then control mode + GPS status (green or green-yellow + 0, 1, 2 or 3 reds).

What are you flying? Just want to be sure we are talking about a non-Phantom.

discv said:

I have a ton of startup videos on my Youtube channel. Depending on your FW version, the V2 may or may not indicate a "warmup period." DJI pretty much eliminated it over the months due to complaints that it took too long to get ready for takeoff.

Naza-M V2 current version on F450
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TXzS2CtT8N4[/youtube]

Naza-M V1 current version on Phantom
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jwnzi-z0RZM[/youtube]

The standard sequence with FW 4.02 and Assistant 2.20 is: red-green-yellow x 3, follow by four slow green flashes, followed by whatever receiver mode is set (you see four different variations in the two videos above).

discv said:

Yep, that's ABSOLUTELY normal and what it should be doing :) See my previous post with multiple videos of the same: viewtopic.php?f=21&t=15575#p141969

If your Phantom had a 30-second to 2-minute warmup, it's because you aren't running a more recent firmware, or because you have an old version with a hard-locked Naza-M V1 that doesn't take the warmup optimization of the V3.x+ firmware. Nothing to worry about here.

Thanks you all.

I think I now know how my confusion occurred.
Those with a Naza that did not show a warm up sequence were saying that mine was normal.
However, those with a Naza that showed the full warm up sequence were saying mine was faulty.

All of which left me somewhat................. :?

It can be a combination of things. Assuming you are in GPS and have your transmitter on and your compass is aligned, then you will probably get the warmup sequence, system startup/self check sequence and then a green followed by three reds initially. But there are variables - what are you getting?[/quote]

my P2(v.2) does the 2 green 3 red on warm up... usually takes about 1 minute to get 6+ satillites (GPS MODE)
i usually fly in ATTI, same sequence except 2 yellows instead of green. :shock:

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl