My P3A Kills with Precision :-)

Reaction score
The other day I was hovering the P3A about 10 feet in front of me, about a foot over my head. I was looking at my tablet going over camera settings before taking off. I could hear the constant prop noise and was surprised when the sound suddenly changed pitch for a split second. I quickly glanced up and saw a slight jiggle in the craft's position and also something very small fall to the ground below the P3. Since the P3 was hovering smoothly, I went about my business testing my camera settings in a normal flight but made a mental note as to the location of the fallen object on the ground. After landing the P3 and shutting down I went over to where I had noted the object and saw what looked like a perfectly normal large carpenter bee. We have lots of them in our neighborhood especially in the spring. I was amazed that it looked so perfectly intact. Then I picked it up (by one wing) and examined it closely. As I turned it over I noticed that the bee had been surgically dissected in a perfectly horizontal line along it's midsection. The entire bottom half of the bee was nowhere to be seen, but the entire top half was perfectly intact. In examining the props carefully afterwards I noted a very small patch of what I would call "bee fur" on the leading edge of one blade only. Quite amusing for me, not so much for the bee :)

Jeezus, watch where the **** you're flyin. Man.

:confused:

Last edited by a moderator:
Never underestimate the horrific slashing power of these props!

Face_with_prop_cuts_2.jpg

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nicos18