My P3 paint job

Me too but my eye's are still on fire lol!!;)

Very nice paint job and good color choice. I think the accent is just right, wouldn't go beyond painting the other side of the props. And talking about props, I noticed all your caps are black...

Did you paint the grey ones black?

With the props just put them in some rit dye for 40 mins works a treat,u can even tape the prop first for added effects ..

looks good.
i had thought about painting mine than i started thinking about what effect the paint would have on the plastic.
decided not to paint it.

looks good.
i had thought about painting mine than i started thinking about what effect the paint would have on the plastic.
decided not to paint it.

You should rethink that...
I've never had any problem with generic spray paint (no lacquers, dopes, two-parts, etc.)

If you are still not convinced many manufacturers have paint specifically labeled for plastics (Krylon for example).

Looking good!!
If you want to make that gorgeous fluorescent Phantom 3 pop, place it near a black light, and take some awesome pics for me. ;-)

RedHotPoker

looks good.
decided not to paint it.

Hey @Dirby
Hi forum friend, you might want to visit any local hobby shops, that cater to us, the in crowd. ;-)
There are a number of model safe paints available. Go crazy. . .

RedHotPoker

i have used the paint from hobby shops.
nearest one is 90 miles away.
this paint was used on lexan.
not the plastic that is on the phantom body.
different than lexan.

You two, me three. . . Hahaha
image.jpeg

Yes, please, Show me the good stuff. ;-)

RedHotPoker

Any problems taking the landing gear off??
Not really. I took my time. You have to gently prise out the antenna' until they sort of pop out. As for the tiny little compass in the landing gear, I just tugged at it gently as its held in with a tiny blob of silicone to keep it flat, the rest was quite simple.

Very nice paint job and good color choice. I think the accent is just right, wouldn't go beyond painting the other side of the props. And talking about props, I noticed all your caps are black...

Did you paint the grey ones black?
I did. But no issues telling the difference really, I just spin them. I may get a silver marker next week

Very nice work man...i also did mine...but Black.

Attachments

• IMG_0364.JPG
    IMG_0364.JPG
    1.7 MB · Views: 264
  • IMG_0366.JPG
    IMG_0366.JPG
    1.8 MB · Views: 240
  • IMG_0368.JPG
    IMG_0368.JPG
    2 MB · Views: 264

Recent Posts

Members online