My first gps drone and loving it

Reaction score
What's going on all!? Wanted to introduce myself. My name is John. Been a fan of quadcopters for a while now. I bought me a cheap beginner drone and flew that around for almost a year and loved it. I have the syma x8g. Other hobbies include cars and video gaming. Currently have a mk7 gti that daily and race.

So I bought the phantom 3 standard today at wal mart while doing some grocery shopping. Gotta say I like it a lot!! Very stable and very new user friendly. Unboxed it as soon as I got home and charged up the battery and updated the firmware and went out for my first flight. Gotta say this drone is one amazing piece of machinery.

I do have some questions though. So I have a iPhone 7 plus running the latest iOS update. I go into settings and click on the phantom wifi and typed in the password and I do get the blue check mark next to the wifi name but under it says no internet connection. Now when I run the dji app I can see the camera is working. I'm able to auto take off and auto land with no problems. Able to record and snap some pictures. Is it the norm that it says no internet connection under the wifi name?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes of course, you are connected to the phantom via WIFI but that WIFI is not connected to the internet, your phone will still have internet via cellular data connection.

What's going on all!? Wanted to introduce myself. My name is John. Been a fan of quadcopters for a while now. I bought me a cheap beginner drone and flew that around for almost a year and loved it. I have the syma x8g. Other hobbies include cars and video gaming. Currently have a mk7 gti that daily and race.

So I bought the phantom 3 standard today at wal mart while doing some grocery shopping. Gotta say I like it a lot!! Very stable and very new user friendly. Unboxed it as soon as I got home and charged up the battery and updated the firmware and went out for my first flight. Gotta say this drone is one amazing piece of machinery.

I do have some questions though. So I have a iPhone 7 plus running the latest iOS update. I go into settings and click on the phantom wifi and typed in the password and I do get the blue check mark next to the wifi name but under it says no internet connection. Now when I run the dji app I can see the camera is working. I'm able to auto take off and auto land with no problems. Able to record and snap some pictures. Is it the norm that it says no internet connection under the wifi name?

Welcome John, seems we have some things in common lol, i too started with a syma, i still have my X8HG, and i too love cars i currently have a E46 M3 :), and i love my PS4 lol.

Totally normal that wifi says no internet connection, the phanton does not have any intenet :)

Darren

Reactions: JLgti
Nice Darren! A Euro tuner at that!

All is well. While "Wifi" and "internet" are often used or thought of as being interchangeable terms, they are not. We often connect to the internet VIA wifi but the terms are not synonymous. Wifi is simply a line of communication between two "radios". What's transmitted over that connection could be internet or could be communication with your Phantom. Fortunately for us, the Internet is not needed to fly. I worry that one day it WILL be required and at a critical point in the flight, the DJI Go app will disappear and be temporarily replaced by an ad for some new ED med. The only thing I'll be concerned with keeping "up" at that moment will be my Phantom!

Reactions: BobWare

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akinproplumbing