my dream fc40

Reaction score
Ok, I have been the proud owner of a fc40 for about a month now and all I can say is where has this been all my life. Actually, I used to "fly" by wire, gasoline finger killers engines back in the early '60s and got a toy electric helicopter probably about 1959 that had a base, a tower about 2 feet tall and a wired helecopter that would fly around the 2 foot tall tower. To make a long story short, it lasted maybe 5 minutes and that was that. So, here I am having a blast, but there are a couple things I would like for my FC40. First of all I want to know how much battery life there is. I think that is critical information and should be available. So, this leads into OSD and getting all that info. I am thinking about trying the AR Drone mod but I was wondering if there are other options that might be better. Such as something that could be used on future equipment, etc. I have looked around this board and quite often I see the response that "there is a thread on that" but I seem to have a hard time, even with advanced search using the + key etc. I have gotten my flytrex and have a new personal record of "MAX ALTITUDE - 7096 FEET".

U can do the Sarawuth mod and attached the iosd mini and a fpv setup to get all telemetry. It's not cheap though

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

gabimaor said:
U can do the Sarawuth mod and attached the iosd mini and a fpv setup to get all telemetry. It's not cheap though

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thank you for the quick response. I tried to find the Sarawuth Mod and I did seen the instructions for doing it. Seemed like the process is a bit difficult but well documented, although I did not read the whole thing. Nor did I see a price. From what I have seen, from a standpoint that any improvements and add ons should not add more to the price then buying a better quadcopter. Also to consider is can I use any of this equipment on a future quadcopter.

From what I have seen the cheapest way to get battery condition to my screen is the AR Drone 1 mod. I have experienced the event when the battery gets low and the Phantom lands.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DonT