MOVARIO Glasses

Reaction score
Has anyone tried these yet and what is the honest opinion ?? Have they got a finite range on them ?

Like some people I am getting fed up of trying to find a display solution that works, and trying to fly in sunlight is just pitiful unless you have a huge box fixed to your transmitter !

These look very interesting and need to know a lot more before taking a punt at £400 !

;)

I have them and dont like them. Check the other threads on this subject

pyrophantom said:
Has anyone tried these yet and what is the honest opinion ?? Have they got a finite range on them ?

Like some people I am getting fed up of trying to find a display solution that works, and trying to fly in sunlight is just pitiful unless you have a huge box fixed to your transmitter !

These look very interesting and need to know a lot more before taking a punt at £400 !

;)

sheldrake said:

pyrophantom said:

;)
What exactly don't you like about them? I've been seeing more positive reports than negative. I went through a very long thread on this in the RCGroups and didn't see anything negative in terms of the video and experience... Very interested in your detailed feedback as to why since I was actually considering a pair of these... Thanks.

I have hem and love them. They are the only thing that works with the Phantom without mods and gives you a nice FPV view right in from of your eyes. Unlike a tablet or phone, you can see the FPV clearly in daylight.

They're not perfect, they take some getting used to because of the touchpad, and you have to load the Vision app by a URL rather than just getting from the store, but it's not much trouble. All in all, I'm very happy and would buy them again. Going back to my iPhone would be a real step down.

i

Tails_Up said:
I have hem and love them. They are the only thing that works with the Phantom without mods and gives you a nice FPV view right in from of your eyes. Unlike a tablet or phone, you can see the FPV clearly in daylight.
i
Awesome. I've been using a nice sun shade and iPad mini... would you think it would that big of a step up from that setup? Also, where did you order yours? Any coupon codes?

sheldrake said:

pyrophantom said:

;)

Is it the colour? :p

pyrophantom said:

;)

I think they're great.. I use the dark sun glasses that snap on, and even in the brightest sun, I have no problem seeing what my copters sees, while looking at the copter at the same time.. I wear glasses, and they aren't that great if you wear them over top, so I'm getting my optician to fit a couple of lenses to the glass frame included.. The thing I like is that the picture the copter sees, and the image of your copter flying through the clear part of the glasses, are viewed at the same distance.. Ie: you don't have to shift eye focus, up close to distance, between the two.. Also, you can see all your distances etc., without having to look down, as with an eye phone.. The only drawback that I have found, is I wish you could move the copter's image, say off to the top corner, as opposed to being right in the middle of the screen.. But that isn't too critical.. Overall, I'm quite satisfied, and they're a thousand times better than trying to look at the I-phone on a bright sunny day.. ..

pyrophantom said:

;)

Where can you get them for £400?? please

Besides the awkwardness of the touch panel, the fpv range sucks. I also dont get a sharp video picture. Lots of blockiness and pixelation, not to mention screen freezes. And there is no diopter for each eye, which also really sucks, since i need to wear reading glasses

jaykay2PT said:
pyrophantom said:

;)

Where can you get them for £400?? please

Apologies I saw the pre order site at $600 = £400 and then saw the European site with price at £569 ffs !!

:shock:

pyrophantom said:

;)

I've got a pair.. I'm quite impressed.. Just getting the prescription lenses for the glasses that come with it.. Not the best if you wear them over top of your own glasses, so I've been using my contacts.. I've used these glasses on the brightest, sunniest day.. Just slip the dark glasses over the outside of the lenses, then no problem.. Both the direct view, and the copter camera are on the same focus, so it's not like you have to readjust your eyes to go from one to the other.. I wish there was a way to move the box for the copter video, off the main field of view, but that's a minor thing.. when you consider the image is 1,000 times better than trying to view an I-phone shot, while standing out in the sunlight.. I would definitely recommend them...

sheldrake said:
Besides the awkwardness of the touch panel, the fpv range sucks. I also dont get a sharp video picture. Lots of blockiness and pixelation, not to mention screen freezes. And there is no diopter for each eye, which also really sucks, since i need to wear reading glasses

Are you saying the quality picture via the glasses are worse than that in the smartphone/tablet? or are you just complaining about the FPV video quality in general?

I am saying the fpv quality sucks. Even at 15fps. Does your cable or sat tv ever get really blocky and freeze? And watching a movie using the glasses is really not much better.

srandall25 said:
sheldrake said:

Are you saying the quality picture via the glasses are worse than that in the smartphone/tablet? or are you just complaining about the FPV video quality in general?

I'm not sure why, but when I first got the glasses I noticed on my first flight that the image looked blocky too. But a few days later, I decided to do a 'restore to factory settings' and this time installed the app from the URL, I think I copied it over the first time via USB. Anyway, something changed. I get a darn good pic now and good clarity considering the image is 640/480 (it's cut down to 540/something, I think, by the glasses).

So what you might be seeing is a lower resolution image, even though the settings show 640/480. Could be the install -- I'm just guessing but I know it looked funky to me originally but then got much better after I did the restore.

Somehow.

sheldrake said:
I am saying the fpv quality sucks. Even at 15fps. Does your cable or sat tv ever get really blocky and freeze? And watching a movie using the glasses is really not much better.

srandall25 said:
sheldrake said:

There's something wrong with your glasses, when I watch a movie it's crystal clear. The 3D is good and the FPV is good as well.

Tails_Up said:
I'm not sure why, but when I first got the glasses I noticed on my first flight that the image looked blocky too. But a few days later, I decided to do a 'restore to factory settings' and this time installed the app from the URL, I think I copied it over the first time via USB. Anyway, something changed. I get a darn good pic now and good clarity considering the image is 640/480 (it's cut down to 540/something, I think, by the glasses).

So what you might be seeing is a lower resolution image, even though the settings show 640/480. Could be the install -- I'm just guessing but I know it looked funky to me originally but then got much better after I did the restore.

Somehow.

I will try a reset and see if that changes anything.. The lack of diopter for me is a big problem, and i believe the prescription lens frame Epson supplies, is for correcting outside world vision, not the display and it attaches on the outside, not the inside ?

I can't see the glasses cutting down the distance.. Most likely the app.. I've had problems with my app on the I-phone.. Sometimes, the thing would lock up, even before I took off.. I deleted the app, then re-downloaded it to the I-phone, whereupon, it worked fine.. My view through the moverio glasses is fine..

Curious what it would take to install a HD video recording camera in these. This same company sells recording glasses.. I had a great set of recording sunglasses that my dog recently destroyed :evil:
For me its the best way to film what you are seeing. The set I was using were from "Ready-Heli". They were 5mp 720p CMOS, with140• fov 4gb of internal memory. The battery would run about an hr on a charge. I think I paid about $100 for them.
I've been looking at the "Movario" glasses for the FPV, but wish someone could engineer a way to combine the FPV glasses with the -★Video 730p CMOS Recording glasses.......

Moose

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl