Motor/Prop Wrench

I use the wrench but like most said on here... I spin the props till it stops then hold the wrench and slightly tighten it. I use it as it makes me look more technical so hopefully a sexy man will see it and say "ooooo that looks important, I must sleep with you"

So far hasn't happened... Which is just as well as I'm not gay and my girlfriend will kill me

Neon Euc

Errrr, you're as odd as two left feet, mate!

Reactions: Neon Euc and yorlik
I use the wrench but like most said on here... I spin the props till it stops then hold the wrench and slightly tighten it. I use it as it makes me look more technical so hopefully a sexy man will see it and say "ooooo that looks important, I must sleep with you"

So far hasn't happened... Which is just as well as I'm not gay and my girlfriend will kill me

Neon Euc
Big LOL for that Neon. Thanks for starting my day off with a grin. :)

Reactions: Neon Euc
Most useful function of the tool for me is when I need a little help removing filters. Fits over them just fine and applies even pressure that helps to prevent the filter from binding.

Neon Euc
Why not say a sexxy woman????:confused:

I think by the many times threads have been made of the use of the wrenches...DJI needs to include a 40 page manual for proper use. In the manual it should also include..
How to operate a ball point pen..
How to peel a banana. ....
How to change a light bulb...
How to put socks on the correct foot...and many more
Now, this is just my opinion. ....based on the questions asked. And you guys are actually trying to fly these things

[Qunderstand "microraptor, post: 1028400, member: 69928"]People just wanna know if they are doing things correctly. Never hurts to ask.[/QUOTE]
I understand that but some such simple questions that get answers. .just go on and on. I guess some just want to post anything. How many ways can you say. .Spin the props on, and snug them up a bit?

I think by the many times threads have been made of the use of the wrenches...DJI needs to include a 40 page manual for proper use. In the manual it should also include..
How to operate a ball point pen..
How to peel a banana. ....
How to change a light bulb...
How to put socks on the correct foot...and many more
Now, this is just my opinion. ....based on the questions asked. And you guys are actually trying to fly these things
As you had to share this useful "opinion" of yours, same way people wanted to ask why and what is wrench for.
Or
People answering about wrench, were asked a question. Your answer will be useful when people ask for your opinion. This is not the case.

Sent from my SM-G900FD using PhantomPilots mobile app

As you had to share this useful "opinion" of yours, same way pecan'te wanted to ask why and what is wrench for.
Or
People answering about wrench, were asked a question. Your answer will be useful when people ask for your opinion. This is not the case.

Sent from my SM-G900FD using PhantomPilots mobile app
Thanks for setting me straight. I guess the questions are from people that do not know how to read a manual, can't imagine by picture and description, don't bother to watch a bazillion videos on the internet..how to use this device properly. II'm surprised that DJI doesn't sell an optional torque wrench for the ones that can't figure this out. I have 3 Phantoms and 3 wrenches. Never had a question about their use. .

Snug them on by hand like Msinger says. Don't rely on the claim that they're self-tightening. Theoretically, they are, but as many can attest, in reality, that isn't always the case.

I wish someone would show a Video using the Prop Wrench Installing and removing the Props. I don't know which side is up or down on the wrench.I flew yesterday and check my props this morning and one was barely loose. Bet I saved a Crash on my next flight. gosports1

My Phantoms have screw on props. I spin them on and grab the motor and snug them up a bit.....but I don't have active braking either. I have never had a problem.

Fat end of wrench wraps around motors. Holds motor in place while you screw on or off props with you fingers.

Thanks for setting me straight. I guess the questions are from people that do not know how to read a manual, can't imagine by picture and description, don't bother to watch a bazillion videos on the internet..how to use this device properly. II'm surprised that DJI doesn't sell an optional torque wrench for the ones that can't figure this out. I have 3 Phantoms and 3 wrenches. Never had a question about their use. .
I didn't ask how to use the Wrench. I asked who uses it. I was also wondering if not using it could put more pressure and cause stress cracks. The only ones who would know are the ones who have been doing it without the wrench for a long time and it helped cause stress cracks. It was more of a curiosity question but yes I do tend to overtighten. I see what your saying though. How to use the provided wrench? it is a silly question. I guess it's alot better than the non-gay man thinking about men wanting to have sex with him from using the Wrench all the while his girlfriend will become homicidal . Now to go throw the Wrench in the trash ;)

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using PhantomPilots mobile app

Reactions: Oso
I didn't ask how to use the Wrench. I asked who uses it. I was also wondering if not using it could put more pressure and cause stress cracks. The only ones who would know are the ones who have been doing it without the wrench for a long time and it helped cause stress cracks. It was more of a curiosity question but yes I do tend to overtighten. I see what your saying though. How to use the provided wrench? it is a silly question. I guess it's alot better than the non-gay man thinking about men wanting to have sex with him from using the Wrench all the while his girlfriend will become homicidal . Now to go throw the Wrench in the trash ;)

Lol....not gay married man...I'm really not sure why he typed that. Maybe he was drunk at the time.

My Phantoms have screw on props. I spin them on and grab the motor and snug them up a bit.....but I don't have active braking either. I have never had a problem.

Now here is why you use the wrench, if you feel you have the need to. Normal rotation of the motors should keep the props tight but, active braking has enough force to slow the motor down fast enough to loosen the prop, in theory. Just something to keep in mind.

P3P
Fly Safe

Reactions: t2adze
Now here is why you use the wrench, if you feel you have the need to. Normal rotation of the motors should keep the props tight but, active braking has enough force to slow the motor down fast enough to loosen the prop, in theory. Just something to keep in mind.

P3P
Fly Safe
I agree

I appreciate all the answers. I bought a P3A to hold me over until my P4P is swapped. It's been performing flawlessly which I want it to continue doing. These things are alot of fun. I did get a abnormal compass warning today, tried calibrating the compass but didn't fix it. I moved 20 feet down the street and no more warning. Perfect flight after that.

Be careful, you might have accidentally given it a bad calibration depending on what was around you when you re-calibrated. If possible you should consider a fresh calibration in a known happy spot (no metal, rebar, concrete, etc).

Snug them on by hand like Msinger says. Don't rely on the claim that they're self-tightening. Theoretically, they are, but as many can attest, in reality, that isn't always the case.
Exactly - work on the basis that they're not self-tightening.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dlr11164