Welcome to PhantomPilots.com

Motor/arm rattle with no props after repair.

Discussion in 'Pro/Adv Discussion' started by mrGREEK360, Mar 25, 2016.

1. mrGREEK360

One of my motor arms/motors is making a slight rattle if you rev the motors with no props but sounds fine on idle. My phantom was repaired and one of the motors replaced, could a wire be rattling inside? All the motors move freely and feel normal. I really don't want to send my phantom 3 pro back for another repair, it still has never flown. It seems to be coming from one motor/arm area.

I am charging batteries, I will post a video in a bit.

Edit - here is the video, the noise happens right before I let off the throttle, kinda sounds like static.

#1 mrGREEK360, Mar 25, 2016
    Last edited: Mar 25, 2016
  2. mrGREEK360

After some more testing it sounds like vibratio, if I squeeze the arm the noise is almost gone if not completely gone, once I let go the noise returns.

Should I be safe to fly?

3. mrGREEK360

Just did a flight, it flys fine but their is defiantly a shound that is not normal. This fucken sucks, I don't know if its harmonic vibration or ESC/motor issue........