More silly questions ... S1 and S2 switches

Reaction score
These on the P3S controller have basically 3 positions each.

The manual and posts talk about toggling the switches to get functions. My question is why nowhere does it actually state what each position is ? OK - the RIGHT hand top switch has P-A-F listed which helps - but what about the LEFT hand top switch ?

I'm getting a little worried because I keep losing signal between my Android tablet and machine ... so I want to be sure I know what happens when I hit a switch etc.

Today I had a "fly-away" .... my own fault. a) Wind is strong today and I should not be flying, b) I initiated RTH and wind was too strong .. P3S drifted back and I corrected causing her to fly off ... c) to avoid trouble - I landed her 'blind' in the next field. The video signal was lost during the RTH so I had no idea of where she was.

Luckily I found her because she was beeping loudly from laying on side and even though I had left stick full down ... I think the fact that rotors had snagged started the alarm.

I switched off ... checked her over .... went back to 'home ground' ... took off and all well.

I'm having fun I must admit !! Normally my RC fun is making my 3kg Zlin carve up the sky with 3D aerobatics ...

Nigel

Here's a good overview of the P3S remote controller:

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

These on the P3S controller have basically 3 positions each.

The manual and posts talk about toggling the switches to get functions. My question is why nowhere does it actually state what each position is ? OK - the RIGHT hand top switch has P-A-F listed which helps - but what about the LEFT hand top switch ?

I'm getting a little worried because I keep losing signal between my Android tablet and machine ... so I want to be sure I know what happens when I hit a switch etc.

Today I had a "fly-away" .... my own fault. a) Wind is strong today and I should not be flying, b) I initiated RTH and wind was too strong .. P3S drifted back and I corrected causing her to fly off ... c) to avoid trouble - I landed her 'blind' in the next field. The video signal was lost during the RTH so I had no idea of where she was.

Luckily I found her because she was beeping loudly from laying on side and even though I had left stick full down ... I think the fact that rotors had snagged started the alarm.

I switched off ... checked her over .... went back to 'home ground' ... took off and all well.

I'm having fun I must admit !! Normally my RC fun is making my 3kg Zlin carve up the sky with 3D aerobatics ...

Nigel
Let me first answer something different than your question, it's regarding the wind situation. Anytime you're flying into the wind that's over 15 mph, it is fine to do just as long as you're flying into the wind not with the wind so your RTH works coming back. Something else you may not be aware even during the RTH you can push the right stick full forward and get more forward movement. And if there is no trees or other objects in the way lowering your altitude can also help in a wind situation.

Sent from my HTC 10 using PhantomPilots mobile app

Reactions: Chasbro
And to answer your first question regarding the small switches on the RC. The left hand switch just doesn't have position functions so your question cannot really be answered the way it was framed. It has three functions, resetting Wi-Fi password, linking RC to AC and a manual way to initiate rth. Using the switch back and forth per manual, does not actually have a position setting in itself.

Reactions: Vzr1
Let me first answer something different than your question, it's regarding the wind situation. Anytime you're flying into the wind that's over 15 mph, it is fine to do just as long as you're flying into the wind not with the wind so your RTH works coming back. Something else you may not be aware even during the RTH you can push the right stick full forward and get more forward movement. And if there is no trees or other objects in the way lowering your altitude can also help in a wind situation.

As a 'seasoned' RC flyer - I would always try to fly UPWIND to avoid the fight into wind to return 'home' ....

The fly-away happened because she drifted back further when in descent to home position ... getting close to a tree ... I gave stick movement to clear which veered her of to one side ... not being used to the controller - I should have re-instated RTH ... but got out of step and let her land out in other field.

Nigel

@solentlife so your RTH location was kind of tight area?
Must have been really windy (Gusty)?
I pick I nice open area, make sure it says Home Point Set and take off, but it wants land using RTH its in or right next to a tree. :)

Rod

Basically I cocked up by interfering .... as we know - the P3 does not land EXACTLY on the spot but within a reasonable distance. I felt the model was a bit too close to the tree downwind of take-off area.

Home Point was recorded ...

It was me + wind - not the model ...

Nigel

Reactions: Philltayl
So what happens when your flying out of beginner mode and the right hand s1 switch is In
The middle?

The middle position is ATTI mode.

Beginner mode is an unrelated feature. You'll need to enable the Multiple Flight Mode setting if you want to use ATTI mode.

Beginner mode is an unrelated feature. You'll need to enable the Multiple Flight Mode setting if you want to use ATTI mode.
I think you're referring to F mode where you need to turn on the IOC future. ATTI should work no matter what.

I think you're referring to F mode where you need to turn on the IOC future. ATTI should work no matter what.
I was actually referring to this:

FlightMode.png

makes no sense as A mod can help to save your drone due to Compass or GPS malfunction
The bird should auto switch to ATTI when is senses trouble.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BobDan