More powerfull repeater?

Re: R: More powerfull repeater?

themosttoys said:
max.bex said:
Are you sure? If you try to search p2v with the extender off you''re not able to find it. Are you experiencing the same thing? This is why I'm not sure you can change the extender with another one.

Inviato dal mio HTC One utilizzando Tapatalk

I am 100% certain. I have done it myself and there are multiple copies of the instructions in this mega thread, but it has grown (and circled) so much that it is not very useful anymore. There are good instructions at the following link :http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showpost.php?p=27082677&postcount=5170

Happy flying.[/quote

Good to read this.why do you think I'm not able to find p2v w/o extender??

max.bex said:
themosttoys said:
I am 100% certain. I have done it myself and there are multiple copies of the instructions in this mega thread, but it has grown (and circled) so much that it is not very useful anymore. There are good instructions at the following link :http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showpost.php?p=27082677&postcount=5170

Happy flying.

I don't understand the question. The P2V comes with an extender, this is an option to replace the stock extended with a more powerful one.

BTW, even better than that one is this one : http://www.amazon.com/Amped-Wireless-Wi ... B005UBNGY6

themosttoys said:
max.bex said:
themosttoys said:

Happy flying.

I don't understand the question. The P2V comes with an extender, this is an option to replace the stock extended with a more powerful one.

BTW, even better than that one is this one : http://www.amazon.com/Amped-Wireless-Wi ... B005UBNGY6

I'm sorry for my bed English.
With the extender off I can't find the camera signal with the smartphone. This is way I thought there was a particular signal protocol

Inviato dal mio HTC One SV utilizzando Tapatalk

max.bex said:
themosttoys said:

With the extender off I can't find the camera signal with the smartphone. This is way I thought there was a particular signal protocol

No worries on the English, it's MUCH better than my Italian.

The P2V wifi is hidden (SSID is not broadcast). This was done to ensure you were connected to the repeater and not the P2V.

themosttoys said:
max.bex said:
themosttoys said:

No worries on the English, it's MUCH better than my Italian.

The P2V wifi is hidden (SSID is not broadcast). This was done to ensure you were connected to the repeater and not the P2V.

Thank you so much.you all guys are so polite.

themosttoys said:
Squeeze the sides of the camera and put a little pressure on the board and the gap will be large enough to change the u.fl.

Speaking of squeezing. How do you manage to squeeze the sides together while simultaneously pushing the circuit board and pulling out the connector? Are you using some sort of vice or clamp or doing this by hand? And what part do you squeeze from?

BenDronePilot said:
themosttoys said:
Squeeze the sides of the camera and put a little pressure on the board and the gap will be large enough to change the u.fl.

Speaking of squeezing. How do you manage to squeeze the sides together while simultaneously pushing the circuit board and pulling out the connector? Are you using some sort of vice or clamp or doing this by hand? And what part do you squeeze from?

I used my left hand (palm facing the circuit boards) with my index finger on the front of the board between the antenna posts. I squeezed the sides (with my thumb and three remaining fingers) and pulled up on the board with my index finger and worked the wire free with my right (thumb and index finger). I also loosened the two screws at the back of the camera (although I don't think that made it any easier.)

themosttoys said:
BenDronePilot said:
themosttoys said:

I used my left hand (palm facing the circuit boards) with my index finger on the front of the board between the antenna posts. I squeezed the sides (with my thumb and three remaining fingers) and pulled up on the board with my index finger and worked the wire free with my right (thumb and index finger). I also loosened the two screws at the back of the camera (although I don't think that made it any easier.)

Thanks for the reply. I may either try that, or maybe seeing if those two posts can be easily bent to the side with a needle nose pliers without breaking them. Thanks also for the screw driver size information, the 5 mini screw drivers I originally tried weren't working. I got a Craftsman #00 sized screw driver and it worked fine.

BenDronePilot said:
Thanks for the reply. I may either try that, or maybe seeing if those two posts can be easily bent to the side with a needle nose pliers without breaking them. Thanks also for the screw driver size information, the 5 mini screw drivers I originally tried weren't working. I got a Craftsman #00 sized screw driver and it worked fine.

You're welcome, good luck and happy flying.

Today I dared to open my camera, if you were a little tense, trying not to break anything, but it really is not that difficult, once you manage to have it, all you need to do is with a pointed tweezers and disconnect the connection Just as you turn the other, tighten with the white part that bothers to remove the connection.

I hope you find it helpful

themosttoys said:
BenDronePilot said:

You're welcome, good luck and happy flying.

The squeezing method didn't really work for me so instead I carefully bent each post to the side far enough to gain access then bent them back when done. This does cause a very slight tear at the bottom of the post but its not a problem unless you needed to do this repeatedly, and also not visible when back I'm position. I made a video of my camera mod from start to finish for the benifit of others to see the process I went through. I'll post links to the video for that as well as the radio controller mod sometime tomorrow.

Thanks to all the people who have done tests and reported results. The photos and supplier links are also a great help.
I am thinking of another option and would like to hear your comments
For the 8ghz side Im hoping to connect a blue beam cloverleaf on the craft, and a helical ant on the transmitter. These I already have. They are really small and lightweight. This Im told will give a range of about 1 mile. Plenty for me. Yes its extremely directional, but lets face it. The stock system is already directional.
For the 2.4ghz Id also like to use cloverleaf antennas. They are a bit larger, but if I can concoct a way for it to hang below the craft, I should match the range of the 5.8 system. I have the matching ant for the receiver, but having heard the antennas in the camera are LHC, I might try have a helical made to match it.
Being in Dubai, the parts required are harder to find. ( and take a while to be shipped) Much like a previous thread, Id also like to find a U.fl IPX to U.male IPX??. Does anyone know who can knock one up?.. or where I can try?
Any thoughts from the vetrans??

themosttoys said:
max.bex said:
themosttoys said:

Happy flying.

Themosttoys, why do you say this one is better than this http://www.ebay.com/itm/300Mbps-ARGtek- ... 43c2d63e8c?

Let me tell you about my latest test done 4 days ago, in Jeddah, Saudi Arabia, in a open field with no interferences of any kind (ideal conditions for testing - easy to find in KSA).

Although I ordered lots of "boosting material" to be added to the P2V complete setup, so far, I didn´t receive any, yet, so, this test was done with 100% stock material and setup.

Controller range: over 1,000 m (the app showed N/A)...
Wi-Fi range - Perfect up to 600 m, then, the video froze. I was still getting info back from the P2V regarding height, distance and so forth, but no video. The information coming in was on and off, it was surely not continuous. Finally, after 1,000 m range, it completely stopped or froze, but never lost contact with P2V (I brought it back with the RC, since the Home featured was never triggered).

Amazing, isn´t it? I was...

I recorded the "journey" but it has no data, so I guess you have to believe my words, only, sorry for that.

duneview said:
Thanks to all the people who have done tests and reported results. The photos and supplier links are also a great help.
For the 8ghz side Im hoping to connect a blue beam cloverleaf on the craft, and a helical ant on the transmitter. These I already have. They are really small and lightweight. This Im told will give a range of about 1 mile. Plenty for me. Yes its extremely directional, but lets face it. The stock system is already directional.
For the 2.4ghz Id also like to use cloverleaf antennas. They are a bit larger, but if I can concoct a way for it to hang below the craft, I should match the range of the 5.8 system. I have the matching ant for the receiver, but having heard the antennas in the camera are LHC, I might try have a helical made to match it.
Being in Dubai, the parts required are harder to find. ( and take a while to be shipped) Much like a previous thread, Id also like to find a U.fl IPX to U.male IPX??. Does anyone know who can knock one up?.. or where I can try?

For 5.8G control link, I simply replaced the stock transmitter antenna with a tiny 11 dBi panel, and keep P2V stock antennas. It provides me 2.27 KM range per my range test. Anyway, please share with us what range do you get with 5.8G cloverleaf & helical.

Hey guys. I read about 40 pages i have a new question. Are the antennas in the extender both talking to bird or as i ve read one talking to bird and second to phone? It makes big difference before i start thinking of mods. In other way it would be useless to put second better antenna for bigger flight range unless i wanna keep wifi extendeer far from mobile. What is true?

dave21 said:
Hey guys. I read about 40 pages i have a new question. Are the antennas in the extender both talking to bird or as i ve read one talking to bird and second to phone? It makes big difference before i start thinking of mods. In other way it would be useless to put second better antenna for bigger flight range unless i wanna keep wifi extendeer far from mobile. What is true?

I think the general consensus is that they both talk to the copter in a diversity setup so it shouldn't make any difference which one you choose to use for your mods.

PVFlyer said:
duneview said:

For 5.8G control link, I simply replaced the stock transmitter antenna with a tiny 11 dBi panel, and keep P2V stock antennas. It provides me 2.27 KM range per my range test. Anyway, please share with us what range do you get with 5.8G cloverleaf & helical.
What kinds of 11dBi antenna that you used? Any photos can be shared with us^^

007trains said:
dave21 said:

I think the general consensus is that they both talk to the copter in a diversity setup so it shouldn't make any difference which one you choose to use for your mods.
Correct. I can confirm this and have done some testing to verify it is true.

COtto1984 said:
007trains said:
dave21 said:

Correct. I can confirm this and have done some testing to verify it is true.
neither extender antenna have anything to do with how far the Phantom can fly. The stubby antenna on top of the controller is for flight controls, the extender is for your phone display and the Phantom camera to communicate only!

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DonT