More powerfull repeater?

audis200 said:
Super-D said:
audis200 said:
The stock wifi extender MUST be on since my 2.5w wifi booster cannot work individual........

What wifi booster are you using?

Hi. I am about to go and purchase the 2w booster. Just wonder which lipo battery spec to use. Do I need to buy a current converter for lipo to booster? Thanks for sharing your knowledge.

But it says maximum extent 2.5w + 5 dBi and you´re using 9 dBi? Something can go wrong, then, don't you agree?[/quote]

I think you can't go lower than 5dbi because it might burn the booster. Higher rate is better for releasing the power

leekawey said:
But it says maximum extent 2.5w + 5 dBi and you´re using 9 dBi? Something can go wrong, then, don't you agree?

I think you can't go lower than 5dbi because it might burn the booster. Higher rate is better for releasing the power[/quote]

2.5W+5db means it come with 5dBi antenna in the box, after checked that, it achieve 500-700m wifi distance. Once using my 9dBi long antenna, it achieve 1000+m wifi distance ^^ (BTW, you have to FACE the drone anytime once achieve long distance flying since the properties of high dBi antenna)

audis200 said:
leekawey said:
But it says maximum extent 2.5w + 5 dBi and you´re using 9 dBi? Something can go wrong, then, don't you agree?

I think you can't go lower than 5dbi because it might burn the booster. Higher rate is better for releasing the power

2.5W+5db means it come with 5dBi antenna in the box, after checked that, it achieve 500-700m wifi distance. Once using my 9dBi long antenna, it achieve 1000+m wifi distance ^^ (BTW, you have to FACE the drone anytime once achieve long distance flying since the properties of high dBi antenna)[/quote]

Even for the Omnis???

Is there any advantage to using the Sunhans repeater compared to the Docooler repeater?[/quote]

Of course the Sunhans booster have more powerful for long distance.......they are different levels ><"

ive used only the 9db tp-link antenna and the 2nd phone holder as an all-in-one-1km-distance-mod.
so.. from what im reading here so far, its the best mod with the best results. it light /cheap / easy to install.
no additional amplifiers, long weird antennas or other ugly enhancements :)

setting00.jpg

setting01.jpg

setting02.jpg

setting03.jpg

range.png

i very happy with this setting, its totally enough range for me :)

iDrone said:
Yours truly's Vision augmented with 2.4GHz 360° cloverleaf FPV & telemetry antenna.

iDrone :ugeek:

i have 2 tx and rx antennas cloverleaf can i use one the rx antenna tu connect one of my camara antenas but dont know if will work because the clover are 5.8 ghz, can it work?

anyone not see much increase in range with the external antennas? I have a tp link 8dbi antenna on the repeater and a pigtail on the camera with a little 2dbi antenna on it. Also had a 5.8ghz tx clover(that's all I had). I am lucky to get 600 feet and the vid stream looks pretty pixelated.

I am starting to wonder if the pigtail on the cam is a good idea. Was getting about 800 feet with just the external on the repeater. I am thinking about removing the pigtail from the cam.

Also I am in a busy wifi area. how dramatically can busy wifi area affect range? anyone have a handle on this?

Thanks!

helixaviator said:
anyone not see much increase in range with the external antennas? I have a tp link 8dbi antenna on the repeater and a pigtail on the camera with a little 2dbi antenna on it. Also had a 5.8ghz tx clover(that's all I had). I am lucky to get 600 feet and the vid stream looks pretty pixelated.

I am starting to wonder if the pigtail on the cam is a good idea. Was getting about 800 feet with just the external on the repeater. I am thinking about removing the pigtail from the cam.

Also I am in a busy wifi area. how dramatically can busy wifi area affect range? anyone have a handle on this?

Thanks!

I'd guess with almost certainty that the patches inside the cam would be higher than 2dbi.

What type of 2dbi antenna have you attached?

zmb said:
ive used only the 9db tp-link antenna and the 2nd phone holder as an all-in-one-1km-distance-mod.
so.. from what im reading here so far, its the best mod with the best results. it light /cheap / easy to install.

zmb, Very nice clean setup! Very easy to do & more than plenty of range for most folks. New flyers should keep in mind Vision appears as nothing but a tiny dot in the sky after 300m that disappears in one eyeblink (hence good idea to have a friend be your spotter).

iDrone

BJay said:
helixaviator said:

Thanks!

I'd guess with almost certainty that the patches inside the cam would be higher than 2dbi.

What type of 2dbi antenna have you attached?

its one of these. http://www.ebay.com/itm/New-2dbi-Wirele ... 20d92075da

yeah that makes sense.

cavaleiro01 said:
iDrone said:
Yours truly's Vision augmented with 2.4GHz 360° cloverleaf FPV & telemetry antenna.
iDrone, how did you tie/attach the cloverleaf antenna to your P2V? Is it possible for you to post a close-up picture for this, please? Thanks!
By the way, do you have another 2.4GHz cloverleaf antenna on the "other side", I mean, in the Wi-Fi repeater?
The cloverleaf SMA's fit perfectly into the upper rubber bushing without stiffening it and so far seems to stay put.

oukenfold said:
iDrone said:
i have 2 tx and rx antennas cloverleaf can i use one the rx antenna tu connect one of my camara antenas but dont know if will work because the clover are 5.8 ghz, can it work?
Cloverleaf's for 2.4GHz & 5.8GHz are available off the shelf complete with protective radomes like mine.

My goal is to be able to maintain a steady FPV link no matter which way I yaw the Vision. Even a single 2.4GHz cloverleaf on the Vision and a 2.4GHz TP9 directional patch antenna on the Range Extender makes a huge improvement towards accomplishing steady FPV.

But I'm still playing & testing though...

iDrone :D

zmb said:

I have a similar setup and was able to achieve the following this weekend.
IMG_0275.PNG

IMG_0276.PNG

A tiny suggestion for those posting using the QUOTE button: delete the images inside the quotes so they don't reappear over & over thru the thread (its getting hard to spot your replies & photos from the original posts & photos). For example, this is what images look like when you're quoting someone else:

[img ]http://picload.org/image/lrawdao/setting00.jpg[/img]
[img ]http://picload.org/image/lrawdap/setting01.jpg[/img]
[img ]http://picload.org/image/lrawdor/setting02.jpg[/img]
[img ]http://picload.org/image/lrawdoa/setting03.jpg[/img]
[img ]http://picload.org/image/lrawdol/range.png[/img]

Just select the whole group and delete. You can always preview your post before you submit to check layout too.

Just a friendly suggestion to help cut the clutter and make it easier to see your replies.

iDrone ;)

iDrone said:

iDrone,

Can I ask what your FPV range is with the PV2 cloverleaf?
Am I correct to assume that you have a matching TX cloverleaf on the repeater?

audis200 said:
Is there any advantage to using the Sunhans repeater compared to the Docooler repeater?

May be an ignorant question, but why couldn't the Sunhans booster be used on one of the three Docooler antennas? Others here have combined omni and directional antennas on the docooler.

Wouldn't you get therefore get a beefed up repeater combined with an amplified signal?

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl