mixing sbus and conventional wireing(Futaba)

Reaction score
Hi.

I'm using a futaba rx(R6208SB) in my phantom, and using sbus at the moment. naza can handle 7 channels, and I want to use the channel 8 for remoteswitch, so my question is; can I use output 8 on my rx and wire it conventional when I'm using sbus on output 1-7?

anyone who have tried this??? have orderd 2 x TURNIGY RECEIVER CONTROLLED ON/OFF SWITCH, and I'll get them this week, gonna try it out then..

From what I've read about SBUS, the physical output channels on the receiver also mirror the output of the channels used via SBUS, and if you have nothing using channel 8 on the NAZA, you can simply connect the gimbal control directly the Rx's numbered connection for that channel.

I have the same receiver on my Wookong, running under S-Bus using channel 8 to trigger
a remote shutter for my camera, works fine :)

I did watch a video the other day but have lost it now, but think it may have been a Futaba
S-Bus 2 receiver, using the Futaba programmer you could make use of all of the extra channels
that your transmitter could support, e.g. On my 8FGs I could use all 14.

mitchsden said:
I have the same receiver on my Wookong, running under S-Bus using channel 8 to trigger
a remote shutter for my camera, works fine :)

I did watch a video the other day but have lost it now, but think it may have been a Futaba
S-Bus 2 receiver, using the Futaba programmer you could make use of all of the extra channels
that your transmitter could support, e.g. On my 8FGs I could use all 14.

thank you guys, but how can you use more the 8 channels?

do i have to sett the futaba RX in mode B(output 9-16)? (and run it together with sbus)

or

do I need to buy another RX and bind them both to my 8FGS to take advantage of channel 9-14?

I cant get this switch to work.

What am I doing wrong?

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R9_Bi1RmrBI[/youtube]

I have a Turnigy Receiver Controlled Switch that I can not get working with my Futaba T8J and R2008SB RX.

I have my Futaba Radio Channel 8 set to my "F" switch on the radio. I demo in the video how when I flip the "F" switch you can see the channel move in the Servo window on my radio.

I tested a LED light directly to my 3S LiPo battery and the light works.

I put the Ground wire from the light to the ground wire of the Futaba RX (I am powering the RX via the S-Bus) into the Ground of my battery.

I put the Power Wire of the Futaba RX together with one leg of the switch to the Positive side of my battery.

The power wire from my light is connected to the 2nd leg of the switch.

When I power up my Futaba TX, the light on my Futaba RX goes Green so I know I have a link.

But when I flip the "F" switch the LED light does not go on.

What am I doing wrong???

Fdnyfish said:
I cant get this switch to work.

I have a Turnigy Receiver Controlled Switch that I can not get working with my Futaba T8J and R2008SB RX.

I have my Futaba Radio Channel 8 set to my "F" switch on the radio. I demo in the video how when I flip the "F" switch you can see the channel move in the Servo window on my radio.

I tested a LED light directly to my 3S LiPo battery and the light works.

I put the Ground wire from the light to the ground wire of the Futaba RX (I am powering the RX via the S-Bus) into the Ground of my battery.

I put the Power Wire of the Futaba RX together with one leg of the switch to the Positive side of my battery.

The power wire from my light is connected to the 2nd leg of the switch.

When I power up my Futaba TX, the light on my Futaba RX goes Green so I know I have a link.

But when I flip the "F" switch the LED light does not go on.

What am I doing wrong???

I did also try to test my switch on the table like you, and it didnt work, but when I followed the included connection diagram, and actually soldered it to the BEC, everything works fine, so follow the connection diagram and and it will hopefully work :)

I dont know if you going to put the switch into a phantom or not, but if you do, use the aux power connection on the main bord as your power source.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl