Maybe I'm just not supposed to have a case for my Phantom

Reaction score
Maybe it just wasn't meant to be...

I first ordered a case that was supposed to be for the Vision+ and was aluminum.
The case arrived with dents and scratch's already out of the box. Before attempting to send it back I placed my phantom inside to see if it really would fit and work with this case. The handle of the case with the phantom three batteries and two chargers inside was not able to even withstand the weight of what it was meant carry inside. Also the case was not really aluminum as indicated, it was a very thin cheap plastic with a sticker the makes it look aluminum. At first the seller did not want to pay for return shipping and after a few weeks of back and forth I filed a complaint with Amazon. The seller then send a prepaid shipping label to me trying to act like they had done so all along and were resending it. Here is a link to this case as a WARNING NOT TO PURCHASE THIS CASE: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00JSZ ... UTF8&psc=1

Next I decided to order the HPRC HPRC2700PHA2 Wheeled Hard Case that has been talked about on here and people have said they liked it. The reviews on amazon even have a good review by someone using it for their P2V+. The case arrived today via UPS and I opened up the box to find that they sent the wrong case. The UPS box had two stickers on the outside of it saying it was the correct model case with wheels (it even said wheeled case after the model#) The case I received was not the wheeled version and also did not have the correct foam cutout inside. The cutout inside did not have slots cutout for the propellers, it only had the outline of the phantom itself. I have requested an exchange for the correct case from amazon and already shipped back the one I received today.

The build quality of this HPRC case was incredibly better than the first case. http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00H4M ... UTF8&psc=1

Here I sit, still waiting for a case to carry my Phantom around it, and have paid for two cases so far (still no refund received for the first case I sent back). I hope amazon gets the correct case to me in time to use it this weekend. Does anyone know what shipping amazon uses for replacement orders? I had originally ordered the case with next day shipping.

Re: Maybe I'm just not supposed to have a case for my Phanto

Wow, talk about a series of unfortunate events. :lol:

I'd contact Amazon Customer Service (chat or call works) and ask them if there's any options that can be done.

MikesTooLz said:
Maybe it just wasn't meant to be...

I first ordered a case that was supposed to be for the Vision+ and was aluminum.
The case arrived with dents and scratch's already out of the box. Before attempting to send it back I placed my phantom inside to see if it really would fit and work with this case. The handle of the case with the phantom three batteries and two chargers inside was not able to even withstand the weight of what it was meant carry inside. Also the case was not really aluminum as indicated, it was a very thin cheap plastic with a sticker the makes it look aluminum. At first the seller did not want to pay for return shipping and after a few weeks of back and forth I filed a complaint with Amazon. The seller then send a prepaid shipping label to me trying to act like they had done so all along and were resending it. Here is a link to this case as a WARNING NOT TO PURCHASE THIS CASE: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00JSZ ... UTF8&psc=1

Next I decided to order the HPRC HPRC2700PHA2 Wheeled Hard Case that has been talked about on here and people have said they liked it. The reviews on amazon even have a good review by someone using it for their P2V+. The case arrived today via UPS and I opened up the box to find that they sent the wrong case. The UPS box had two stickers on the outside of it saying it was the correct model case with wheels (it even said wheeled case after the model#) The case I received was not the wheeled version and also did not have the correct foam cutout inside. The cutout inside did not have slots cutout for the propellers, it only had the outline of the phantom itself. I have requested an exchange for the correct case from amazon and already shipped back the one I received today.

The build quality of this HPRC case was incredibly better than the first case. http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00H4M ... UTF8&psc=1

Here I sit, still waiting for a case to carry my Phantom around it, and have paid for two cases so far (still no refund received for the first case I sent back). I hope amazon gets the correct case to me in time to use it this weekend. Does anyone know what shipping amazon uses for replacement orders? I had originally ordered the case with next day shipping.

Should have got this one best case out there
http://www.tradecraftcases.com/

been on 2 out of the country trips 12 total flights and not one issue

Attachments

• Case.jpg
    Case.jpg
    580.4 KB · Views: 882

Tradecraft is superior to all others in my humble opinion. I have one for my Phantom 1 and now for my Phantom 2 Vision Plus. Great Customer Service.

Yeah I looked at the tradecraft cases however HPRC was the only one I saw that the props could be safely left on without worry of something like the controller hitting them from underneath if placed upside down.

I have a Tradecraft case too. It takes 30 seconds to install the props and another 30 seconds (maybe a minute if they're tight) to remove them. Not a big deal.

tlastrange said:
I have a Tradecraft case too. It takes 30 seconds to install the props and another 30 seconds (maybe a minute if they're tight) to remove them. Not a big deal.
Yeah, I'm a lazy person.... LOL

Another vote for the Tradecraft case here. I purchased one for my PV2 and moved the PV2+ into it last month. There were some slight modifications in the foam required to hold the TX in my preferred configuration but that took all of five minutes. Use an electric carving knife if you have one - plows right through that foam.

The case has stood up to living in my trunk and going just about everywhere with me for the past five months. Have not flown with it yet, but I don't see that as being an issue. It meets carry-on size requirements.

As for taking the props on and off - I prefer to inspect my props before and after each flight so they'd be coming off anyway. I made a nice little slot for the prop wrench right in the front of my TC case, between the prop slot and the front latches.

Tripnman said:
Another vote for the Tradecraft case here. I purchased one for my PV2 and moved the PV2+ into it last month. There were some slight modifications in the foam required to hold the TX in my preferred configuration but that took all of five minutes. Use an electric carving knife if you have one - plows right through that foam.

The case has stood up to living in my trunk and going just about everywhere with me for the past five months. Have not flown with it yet, but I don't see that as being an issue. It meets carry-on size requirements.

As for taking the props on and off - I prefer to inspect my props before and after each flight so they'd be coming off anyway. I made a nice little slot for the prop wrench right in the front of my TC case, between the prop slot and the front latches.

I'm on the fence between making my own backpack (Fieldline + Foam) or go for the Tradecraft. Does Tradecraft make good chairs? :lol: If it does, I might lean toward the Tradecraft vs the backpack.. but I'm really liking the portability and lightness going with a backpack.

UrAwFuL said:
I'm on the fence between making my own backpack (Fieldline + Foam) or go for the Tradecraft. Does Tradecraft make good chairs? :lol: If it does, I might lean toward the Tradecraft vs the backpack.. but I'm really liking the portability and lightness going with a backpack.

My 20 year old LL Bean internal frame back-country pack (man this thing has memories!) fits my PV2, TX, props and three batteries but without a foam insert to contain it all. I just wrap the airframe in a towel and pack material softly around the camera. Accessories go in random pockets. Doesn't leave much room for extra goodies but why would I need food, water, tools and shelter if I have a Phantom with me? ;) The hard case is used for job sites - better presentation.

If I did it again I might spring the extra few dollars for the GoProfessional case that tedw123 posted. I like the blue foam.

tedw123 said:
I have a GoPro case I purchased for my Vision and it works fine with my Vision+ with no modifications and no need to remove props. http://www.goprocases.com/xb-dji-vision.aspx

I'm lazy too and didn't want to remove props so I bought one of these. I will post when it arrives and let ya know if it works.

Thanks!

HPRC 2700 WPHA2 will fit. However need to just a little cut foam on the bottom and then you have 100% your phantom covered together with props.

Attachments

• 20140507_181711_Android.jpg
    20140507_181711_Android.jpg
    272.4 KB · Views: 470

mchrol said:
HPRC 2700 WPHA2 will fit. However need to just a little cut foam on the bottom and then you have 100% your phantom covered together with props.
Yep thats the one I ordered.
Amazon just emailed me saying that they have sent out the replacement case with 1 day shipping and I should get it tomorrow.

Do you have any pictures showing exactly what foam parts you cut out?

Of course. I already posted that somewhere on this forum but can't remember now.
Did you order already ? I have 20% discount on Plaberstore.com maybe it is going to work in USA as well. BTW I paid 285 Euro and your price in USA?

HPRC will release within this month ( that information received ) a modified case HPRC 2700 WPHA2 which will be fully adjusted to Phantom 2 Vision + . I coulnd't wait longer so decided to buy first model without wheels and that case called HPRC 2700 PHA2 but it's to shallow. I returned and bought WPHA2. Below photos how I cut ( simply cutter ) Hope this will help you.
Without cutting , will fit also but propellers will be little higher then foam, about 1cm .Lead case can be closed also, without problem but i prefer to use it fully where Phantom sits below top of foam. Now I'm happy. But beaware.
This Case is really heavy comparing to another. Can't bring on board airplane that's for sure. At least in EU. Total weight with Phantom, chargers, cables, spares, docs weight 12,5 Kg ! Belive me, it is hard to carry for long distance but if you are mobil and mostly drive with phantom on scene.Then you shouldn't worry.
Rgds,

Yep thats the one I ordered.
Amazon just emailed me saying that they have sent out the replacement case with 1 day shipping and I should get it tomorrow.

Do you have any pictures showing exactly what foam parts you cut out?[/quote]

Attachments

• HPRC.jpg
    HPRC.jpg
    336.5 KB · Views: 490
  • HPRC 2.jpg
    HPRC 2.jpg
    160 KB · Views: 487

I have two tradescraft cases I purchased through DronesEtc. One when I purchades my Vision and a new one just a few weeks ago for my plus. I never take my props off and have never had any issues. Cases are tough as nails.

Yeah I was looking at the backpacks and wanted to get one however I didn't like how a backpack made basically of the foam insert and cloth still came out to around the same price as a full water tight crush proof hard case. (i live in South Florida being water tight is a big plus)

pault said:
Maybe I am a bit weird but I enjoy spinning the props on & off !

Yes! It reminds me of spinning a lug wrench...

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl