Mavic Release Discussion

This must have been discussed within the 31 pages of this thread but does someone plan on purchasing a warranty/service plan from vendor such as Neary Aerial media or some other company? I am keen on getting a plan since my P3A was toast without having a plan in place.

Which is why I'm confused really. The Phantom 4 was still so popular and DJI has been killing it. It seems like they are cannibalizing themselves right before the holidays. Thie Mavic looks amazing
DJI isn't cannibalizing anything, they're smart to offer a variety of birds to choose from. Don't be surprised if many new drone buyers choose a P4 over a Mavic. If I was buying my first drone, I'd likely go for a P4 as the Mavic may appear at first to be more of a novelty. Most members chiming in are experienced P3 and P4 owners who have come to realize that size does matter and the Mavic might be the answer to what they've been looking for.

Many are talking about the long battery life. If I am not mistaken it is listed at 1 minute better than the P4. If it actually gets 38 minutes like claimed that would be awesome. I think the P4 is a claimed 27 min. I am at 30% and returning home at 16-17 min tops. Maybe if I let it all they way down to 0 I would get those times.

Edit: actually the P4 has a longer claimed flight time 28 min to 27 for the Mavic.

I'm saving now to get one, if it's as good as the utube videos then it's going to go down a storm, and the reduced back pack size is a sure winner

Casey Neistat reviews the image quality of P4 vs. Mavic again. I was initially thinking of selling my P4 for a Mavic but not anymore.

Anyone else notice those scratches at 1:13?

TzC9kwA.jpg

Remember, there are millions of nooby soon to be drone pilots. They will love the simplicity of Karma. Doen't matter that Mavic is better. They will sell thousands, especially as Christmas presents. It does have a great new camera on it. The rest of us will eventually get a Mavic.

This thing looks so good you have to wonder... is the Chinese military lending a few of it's top researchers to DJI? It wouldn't be all that hard and it would undercut drone development in the west. Ok... I guess that sounds a bit like a conspiracy theory. Back to investigating the Nazi base on the dark side of the moon. But wow the Mavic is amazing if it can only do half what they say it can.

Reactions: wattage
Reactions: dirkclod
Perhaps we should wait a few months before overloading with excitement. The Phantom 3 had some stability issues. We raved and I still do for the phantom 4, it is a great piece of kit. The Mavic solves a lot of issues; weight, set up time and a few cool commands that can be made without having to touch the controls. I love the idea of the Mavic but when you read forums about the Yuneec Hex, the outstanding complaint was about too many moving parts. I'm not trying to piss on your parade folks but I want to see how durable the folding parts are on the Mavic. The Phantom series has and still is serving us well and one day I would like to see a Phantom 5 with the all dancing all singing gadgetry of the Mavic but with an 18 or 20 MP camera. Besides, I don't have a purse to put the Mavic in , I have the backpack to place all my P4 in.

I decided to pre-order one for my fledgling business. The compactivity of it is making it a HUGE plus for me. Once I receive it I plan on doing a full test and review. Overall I have been impressed with the reviews and photos that have been posted around the web.

I decided to pre-order one for my fledgling business. The compactivity of it is making it a HUGE plus for me. Once I receive it I plan on doing a full test and review. Overall I have been impressed with the reviews and photos that have been posted around the web.
Yup, I just preordered as well...I was going to get a fast racer but went with this one instead just because of the amazing technology , range and portability...its mind blowing if it holds up to all their promises..

They wouldn't. This looks to be superior in every way to a Phantom 4. I can't imagine even considering buying a Phantom now that I've seen this. It's very small, ultra portable, has incredible tracking and obstacle avoidance technology, it's own controller, racing mode, amazing range, and the list just goes on and on.

The Phantom line is officially dead in my book.
I agree with you on that. Keep an eye on CL if you want a cheap P3P or P4

Sent from my LG-H810 using PhantomPilots mobile app

Can you use I pad with this? No more cracked shells I will buy one just for that reason!! And if it does everything that they claim long range and 27 mins!
Nope!

Actually, you most certainly can. There's nothing preventing you from using the iPad for Mavic's WiFi mode, or as a non-integrated screen connected via the central USB connector (which is located on the bottom of the controller). You just can't use the phone mount.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dlr11164