WARNING its the "DEATH OF DRONES" 50m height & 100m range limit if EASA pass these new RULES

Ptr

Reaction score
If they get away with this regardless of where you live it might visit your neck of the woods, please watch & share

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Definitely seems "fishy".

I am in Australia and we have just had the rules on drones revised/rewritten . It mostly seems quite reasonable and even more workable in many cases .With what you have reveled is in the wings for the UK/Europe I am surprised you haven't been over run with replies.

Sorry that should have read" revealed".
You may need to post again with a more dramatic heading .Something like Warning Warning Attention etc Posts are displaced from the main board very quickly by new ones.
Also it may just my computer but with max volume on the video bar and computer I could hardly hear you.

Sorry that should have read" revealed".
You may need to post again with a more dramatic heading .Something like Warning Warning Attention etc Posts are displaced from the main board very quickly by new ones.
Also it may just my computer but with max volume on the video bar and computer I could hardly hear you.

Took your advice re: Title
Thanks Ptr

I smell a rat. This is all about control and revenue collection. Oh and companies like Amazon might soon want control of the airspace between 60m-120m, hmmm. We're an easy target with a disposable income, so we can take a hit, plus it will be good incentive for 'nice' people to phone the Police to get rid of the 'hated' drones, and unfortunately completely enforceable. The portability and small size of the Mavic is looking quite appealing now.

Reactions: Tommymonkey
Interesting on the 100m horizontal thing.

That's the exact same distance, except 300 feet, that is in the preliminary Huntington Beach, CA ordinance too that is tabled for a later discussion. They lawyer in that one said "If he takes off in his yard, he'd have to get approval from all neighbors within the 300 feet and if one says 'No,' he cannot fly." I didn't catch the vertical part in the HB ordinance, but with all the privacy stuff, I'd think they'd want the lower AGL higher as being under 100' will cause more to get miffed about the things flying over which will lead to more complaints and more restrictions.

It's very concerning and scary the lack of understanding the EASA have. There seems to be no reason for them to even want to legislate these very restrictive measures.
Are EASA wanting to create a commercial European UAV airspace (60m - 120m)? It is no secret Amazon and a lot of couriers are researching the technology, have they lobbied for some airspace?
I am afraid these restrictions are very intentional and very well thought out!

Reactions: Pluto88888
Not a good thing to do EASA all I could see in the future is people releasing hack firmware and software by bypass the limits.

Wow! This is insane....And for sure, if EU pushes this, a lot will follow!

Not too sure where to start, this needs to be addressed! eeeeeeeeeeek!

The guy wears a DJI shirt....

How many people going to obey these new rules.
And what the hell 100 metres range and 50 metres height.

It's not only the people, manufacturers will have to implement these systems to have the CE stamp and get on the market.

And besides drones, this kills the entire R/C Flight related hobbies!

It's very concerning and scary the lack of understanding the EASA have. There seems to be no reason for them to even want to legislate these very restrictive measures.
Are EASA wanting to create a commercial European UAV airspace (60m - 120m)? It is no secret Amazon and a lot of couriers are researching the technology, have they lobbied for some airspace?
I am afraid these restrictions are very intentional and very well thought out!

Agree, the point of post is you have a voice, email [email protected] & voice your opinion, this hobby is growing rapidly & without major incident I believe apart from media hype, as hobbies go ours is probably the most regulated by both manufacturers & enthusiasts alike for what it is, in other words what P2,3,4 pilot wants to lose their bird & investment through stupidity so self regulates

Reactions: thousandyard

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BobDan