Mavic Release Discussion

omg, I so want one of these it's not even funny. Just what i need, the altitude follow mode will make it a huge seller!

Reactions: FT in Japan
EDIT: Cancelled my DJI Store order. Just got it from an authorized seller on Amazon with an Oct. 3 - 6 ship date! Sweet! I want this for an upcoming trip I am taking so timing couldn't be better! :)
DJI's presentation said they aren't shipping until October 15th. Not sure how your sellers are going to have one on-hand nearly two weeks before. But hopefully you'll still get it around the launch timeframe!

I wonder what orders will ship first. From the DJI store or Amazon. I know when the DJI store was done they were sending everyone to Amazon. And on the Amazon page it said "First 100 orders would get Priority Shipping." Now the DJI store is back up and running still showing its original eta.

Does that combo come with the controller? The product listing they have on Amazon doesn't specifically show it.

According to DJI's Site, the basic Mavic Pro DOES comes with the controller, one battery, charger and (it appears) an extra set of props. The Fly More Combo adds two more batteries, the Shoulder Pack, a car charger, another set of props, and what appears to be a battery charging hub.

DJI's presentation said they aren't shipping until October 15th. Not sure how your sellers are going to have one on-hand nearly two weeks before. But hopefully you'll still get it around the launch timeframe!
Ordered from same seller. Emailed them as well, they said their own date is incorrect and have not fixed yet, but the actual ETA for arrival is the end of Oct they said in an email to me. :(

Watching the video, that Gimble looks a little less secure than the Phantom 4...it was shaking a lot.

Is it me or it sounds to good to be true? Because why would DJI shoot themselves in the leg and kill the line of still fresh P4?

Because from what i saw Mavic is the dream drone.
Sent from my SM-G900FD using PhantomPilots mobile app

Reactions: Biggle
I love it and it's exactly what I want in a drone, namely better portability with a good camera. With that said, I'm too invested in my P3A for me to switch over. It's only 4 months old, I have 4 extra batteries, a pelican hard case, and a DJI backpack. Not to mention a dedicated iPad. Since I travel a lot I would love to have the Mavic as it would be much easier in airports and exotic locations. Unless I could sell my drone with all the accessories I don't see that the Mavic will be in my future any time soon.

Same boat as you. I got a great deal on a P3P about a month ago. I have a hard case already (from my P2) and just got a backpack, an extra battery, and filters just this week....lol. Wife won't be happy if I sold everything to buy another drone after just doing that with my P2 a month ago. Maybe next year for me! For now just going to enjoy what I have.

Is ordering through Amazon but fulfilled by DJI considered 3rd party? Will I be in the first round?

2E0FBsj5tZbHmQxZxuD7BR56asi8V9Ir-agents-2814725

Liu
Hello, welcome to DJI official online store. How May I help you today?

Reed
Can I use the P3pro controller and a 10" tablet with the Mavic Pro? Or can a 10" tablet be used?

2E0FBsj5tZbHmQxZxuD7BR56asi8V9Ir-agents-2814725

Liu
Sorry but no on the controller.

Thickness Supported:6.5-8.5mm
Max length: 160mm

Reed
thanks

So it's only designed for a phone...

Anyone have any info on the goggles? Price, availability? I did not see them on DJI's website.

I thing next one will be mavic 2 not a p5 that series is done

If you think about it, DJI will probably keep releasing new models for all their lines: P5s, Mavics 2, Inspires 3?..
Just look how fast DJI popping out new models: Phantom 3-series, P3 4K, Phantom 4, now Mavic, all in the past year.
It took GoPro forever to release Karma.
DJI is gonna be like Apple, new drone every year, and a upgrade every few months..
And why not? They got the technology developed & patented, all they gotta do is build on it, come up with a couple of new features, a name, and boom: we got a new drone!
Different shapes, colors, sizes, cameras, for as long as there is demand, DJI will keep producing.

Is it me or it sounds to good to be true? Because why would DJI shoot themselves in the leg and kill the line of still fresh P4?

Because from what i saw Mavic is the dream drone.
Sent from my SM-G900FD using PhantomPilots mobile app

From the specs posted above (thanks for posting!) it looks like the P4 is heavier and has stronger motors, given its higher max flight/ascent/descent speeds. So maybe they will target it as the "prosumer" choice to Mavic's more consumer-oriented approach? Pretty sweet new product...

Reactions: t2adze
Came back up at the end of the day. It was just panic selling from people who don't understand the realities of the market.

Everyone knows what a GoPro is. They'll sell a good portion of the Karma on name recognition alone, and given that the product does seem fairly well-thought-out, will keep their stock in this range for a bit (provided sales echo this sentiment).

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
brianklenhart