Mavic Release Discussion

[...]

Considering its less than 800 grams, I hope the camera still works with the legs folded in as I want duct tape it my helmet/car and use it as a steady cam.

Wow! Sorry but even half a kilo on the top of your head ain't light to bear. Especially while doing an activity that would require a helmet!

I can already see the third party helmet mounts popping on Alibaba...

Besides the obvious safety issue, a small fall would be costly...

Be careful out there...

Edit 1: Or you could unfold the legs and have the motors on, might feel lighter! [emoji23] Sorry, I could not resist as the image came to my mind!

Edit 2:Then add the goggles and experience the rider's view! Oh wait....[emoji16]

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots

Last edited:
Reactions: TXDrone
7km (4.3 miles) downrange distance but a battery that gives 13km (8 miles) flight distance. So all you distance lovers wont get your new bird home

My P3A can go 1km in only around 1min 15secs, more or less. So I guess with Mavic's battery that can reach, as they claim, a solid 25 minute per charge, then I think there'd be enough to spare after a 13km flight.

You can buy it with or without the remote controller.

This is an awesome product wc would sadly count the days for the great Phantoms. I just wished they had a way to adapt a tablet to the controller.

:D
I remember when I got my P2V+ the next week they announced the P3P. Amazon has a very good return policy ;)

Got mine from Adorama because I had a $129.00 coupon from a prior purchase of a camera lens. They've got a great return policy too, but that $129 is 1-and-done. And anyway, I expect that when the next Phantom comes out, it will have advances that make many Mavik owners wish they'd waited. And then the next Mavik will come out and so on and so on ...
I won't chase that carrot - I'm perfectly happy with what I have.

Well it has put Karma out of business. Would be interesting being in the Go Pro board room watching the Mavic release.

Just like a left-hook punch that just came from nowhere...both hands on a bowed head for sure.

I can imagine a Mavic ready to fly permanently in my glove box....I can imagine....

Ah shut up! lol

With all the inexperienced crowd this category will bring in and with that range, I dread to see the amount of reports/claims for 'flyaways' 4 miles out with no bird to recover (thus no data to validate any claim).

Please guys fly safe....With this weight, it's even escaping a fair bit of EU regulations (and I'm sure they will review with more producs of this kind bound to be released and become cheaper)

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots

I do wonder if the Mavik will have the same "Return to Home" function that the P4 has. With the market that the Mavik is aimed at, I can't help but imagine there will be a lot of lost little drones in the near future if they don't.

Got mine from Adorama because I had a $129.00 coupon from a prior purchase of a camera lens. They've got a great return policy too, but that $129 is 1-and-done. And anyway, I expect that when the next Phantom comes out, it will have advances that make many Mavik owners wish they'd waited. And then the next Mavik will come out and so on and so on ...
My P3P does everything I wanted, very happy with it. Now with the Mavic I wish it folded up, that's all I'd change.

It has the new OcuSync Transmission Technology.
Does this mean video has the same range as the transmitter? Is your phone establishing a link with the transmitter and not the drone itself?

I do wonder if the Mavik will have the same "Return to Home" function that the P4 has. With the market that the Mavik is aimed at, I can't help but imagine there will be a lot of lost little drones in the near future if they don't.

It surely does! Even has a newly introduced tech where it actually takes a pic while taking off then uses it for centimeter accuracy when auto-landing or so they said.

Now again what worries me most if while it's great and would love to have it myself, even fewer now will know and understand the basics of manual landing, which may be required in case of any failure....

Even though I'm a fairly new P4 pilot, never auto-landed it ever nor thinking about it, and if a tad windy at ground level, I hand catch.

Yup! I'll enjoy watching the videos of the mavic while I enjoy my P3P.

Sent from my SM-P600 using Tapatalk

Ordered from same seller. Emailed them as well, they said their own date is incorrect and have not fixed yet, but the actual ETA for arrival is the end of Oct they said in an email to me. :(
This makes sense as the product isn't shipped to anyone until mid October.

Can you use I pad with this? No more cracked shells I will buy one just for that reason!! And if it does everything that they claim long range and 27 mins!
some videos today are showing a tilted horizon. I'm very interested in one but I have to make myself understand it will be like my P4 in that regard.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DonT