Mavic Prices Per Country

Reaction score
I was pre-ordering the Mavic Pro and wanted to double check. According to each region the prices rise due to shipment and tax. I asked DJI if I pay the $1179 price for Indonesia will this include all tax including import tax. Usually if DHL deliver to my door I have to pay some hefty tax as per a Macbook Hard Drive I had to order. If I buy the Mavic and have to pay more import tax on top of $1179 it will likely be another $200 or more.
So what is anybody else's experience for importing drones from DJI? Do you think the $1179 will cover all? I wanted to double check.

Regards Bruce
www.brucelevick.com

I was pre-ordering the Mavic Pro and wanted to double check. According to each region the prices rise due to shipment and tax. I asked DJI if I pay the $1179 price for Indonesia will this include all tax including import tax. Usually if DHL deliver to my door I have to pay some hefty tax as per a Macbook Hard Drive I had to order. If I buy the Mavic and have to pay more import tax on top of $1179 it will likely be another $200 or more.
So what is anybody else's experience for importing drones from DJI? Do you think the $1179 will cover all? I wanted to double check.

Regards Bruce
www.brucelevick.com

My experience in Australia was the savings on a $2399 AUD P4 imported from overseas was a saving of about $300, I recently purchased one in the Philippines for $1750 AUD and when I asked about the price differential, the reply I got was that each of the region price point structures was based on what the market would bear.... The Mavic Pro bundle in Australia is an eye watering $2199 AUD so that is straight out theft considering exchange rates, import duties et al. If I buy a Mavic Pro to add to the collection, it will be from the little shop in Quezon City over here in the land of fish heads and rice.

My experience in Australia was the savings on a $2399 AUD P4 imported from overseas was a saving of about $300, I recently purchased one in the Philippines for $1750 AUD and when I asked about the price differential, the reply I got was that each of the region price point structures was based on what the market would bear.... The Mavic Pro bundle in Australia is an eye watering $2199 AUD so that is straight out theft considering exchange rates, import duties et al. If I buy a Mavic Pro to add to the collection, it will be from the little shop in Quezon City over here in the land of fish heads and rice.

That is a pretty outrageous price. I am buying the Mavic with an extra battery and don't need all that other accessories. All up $1278USD (approx $1660 AUD or 16,500,000 rupiah) for Indonesian price. If I am paying that extra $200USD for the sake of covering the VAT and shipping then I am ok with that. If I have to pay extra VAT upon receiving the package then it will be another $250 or more and that is what I am afraid of.

I just want to double check with others who have received packages through DJI with "free" shipping, have they paid extra tax coming through customs or with DHL?

That is a pretty outrageous price. I am buying the Mavic with an extra battery and don't need all that other accessories. All up $1278USD (approx $1660 AUD or 16,500,000 rupiah) for Indonesian price. If I am paying that extra $200USD for the sake of covering the VAT and shipping then I am ok with that. If I have to pay extra VAT upon receiving the package then it will be another $250 or more and that is what I am afraid of.

I just want to double check with others who have received packages through DJI with "free" shipping, have they paid extra tax coming through customs or with DHL?
I pre ordered the Mavic here in Australia, like you I only wanted one extra battery but also got 2 spare pairs of blades. It came to $1871.80 all up, which would be about the same if I ordered one OS after paying the import taxes etc. I wasn't too keen on buying one out of the country anyway in case of any warranty issues. We get ripped off badly compared to other countries for electronics.

This is a little off topic but related. I'm in the US, and I have a question about the duties you guys pay overseas for received goods. When is payment due for duties?

When DHL shows up at your doorstep. Do you have to give them your CC right then and there? How does it work?

This is a little off topic but related. I'm in the US, and I have a question about the duties you guys pay overseas for received goods. When is payment due for duties?

When DHL shows up at your doorstep. Do you have to give them your CC right then and there? How does it work?

That is how it has worked for me in Indonesia. I pay the tax at the doorstep but I am really hoping that this purchase it is already in the price. As per the online sales for DJI have said that all is in the price paid. So hoping to confirm that with others who have purchased and received through DHL.

If I have to pay the extra tax I will definitely wait until it is available from Jakarta and buy it at a better price locally.

Do you get it shipped from the Philippines or do you buy in person? BTW, I love the Philippines - travelled to Boracay, top end of Cebu and Siargao earlier in the year - magical place! Can you PM me with the details? Also, is the DJI warranty a worldwide warranty?

Do you get it shipped from the Philippines or do you buy in person? BTW, I love the Philippines - travelled to Boracay, top end of Cebu and Siargao earlier in the year - magical place! Can you PM me with the details? Also, is the DJI warranty a worldwide warranty?
I took my P2 to the Philippines last year. My favourite place was El Nido. >>

Reactions: gyrex
I took my P2 to the Philippines last year. My favourite place was El Nido. >>

Absolutely beautiful work! I need to learn to edit my videos better... **** I love the Philippines - I hope the Aussie bogans don't catch wind of it and ruin it like they did with Bali and Thailand :(

Reactions: brusca
Absolutely beautiful work! I need to learn to edit my videos better... **** I love the Philippines - I hope the Aussie bogans don't catch wind of it and ruin it like they did with Bali and Thailand

Too late gyrex I work here and the white trash have landed. You can spot them wherever you travel but fortunately they seem to hover around Makati and haven't figured out how to read a map up my way. As for being concerned about import duties for buying drones over here, I check them in as cabin luggage and take them home. The warranty for the units I am told are honoured with any legit DJI wholesalers as long as you have proof of purchase. Yet to try that out but no issues with the product or buying accessories for the ones I have.

Regards Bruce
www.brucelevick.com
Normally with DHL you pay zero duty... but it all depends. I've ordered from the DJI on-line store to my Country of Canada in the past & they shipped via UPS. UPS is usually the worst at charging hefty duty fees, however, the Drone arrived with no duty charges. Nice!

Has anyone ordered off the DJI website outside of their region to get a cheaper price with success? As previously mentioned we get screwed in Aussie.

Too late gyrex I work here and the white trash have landed. You can spot them wherever you travel but fortunately they seem to hover around Makati and haven't figured out how to read a map up my way. As for being concerned about import duties for buying drones over here, I check them in as cabin luggage and take them home. The warranty for the units I am told are honoured with any legit DJI wholesalers as long as you have proof of purchase. Yet to try that out but no issues with the product or buying accessories for the ones I have.

I was in the Philippines for a month in March and I must say that I saw very few bogans which I was so pleased about. I saw lots of Aussie surfers in Siargao but they all seemed like nice, friendly and peaceful guys and gals.

There's some sellers on aliexpress selling mavics at US prices...
Yeah but how trusting are they with warranty issues.
If i order in USD from DJI i can save $300 AU.

USD 1374 in Norway from most stores (incl shipping and VAT). RC included.
In Norway we have two year warranty, but in total 5 years to claim repairs if product is expected to last that long, by law.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

Yeah but how trusting are they with warranty issues.
If i order in USD from DJI i can save $300 AU.

As far as I know you can't order from the USA site and get it delivered to Aus. You have to order from the Aus store for Aus delivery. I'm pretty sure DJI (the manufacturer) have to honour the warranty in Australia irrespective of where it's purchased although you may want to double check that law with consumer affairs or whatever they're called these days.

USD 1374 in Norway from most stores (incl shipping and VAT). RC included.
In Norway we have two year warranty, but in total 5 years to claim repairs if product is expected to last that long, by law.

We have a similar system in Australia. The manufacturer has to provide warranty according to what is a reasonable life span. It could be 10 or more years in some cases! :) A drone would probably have an expected life of 3-5 years I guess.

Reactions: toegema

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl