SCAM ALERT! DISHONEST WEBSITE

Reaction score
I am writing this so none of my Phantom Brothers Fall to the likes of this Crooked Azz Website. :mad:
Be Careful when Shopping!

Thursday afternoon I was looking Flee Bay Adds For a Phantom's and I looked down the page below and seen a store and it was listed as an ADVERSISERS LINK.>>>> http://www.plumersvariety.com/ I clicked On it And I went there and WoW I thought GREAT PRICE So I pulled the Trigger on a Phantom 2 Version 2 W Zenmuse H4 3D Gimbal for $ 450.00 plus $20.00 Shipping for a total of $470.00 So I checked out with my credit Card. And all was well.

I Couldn't Believe It!!! Then a thought surfaced in the back of my mind and I heard a Voice it was my mom and she said those words I heard SO MANY times before and they were..... "Son If Something Sounds To Go To Be True It Usually Is". A Half Hr Passed and I received an E-Mail and this guy in the E-Mail that goes by the Name of

Alex Nguyen

says they were getting My order ready for shipment. And wanted to verify my Shipping Address. Here is his Mail My Info Edited Out EMAILS are IN BLUE

XXXXXX XXXXX, You placed an order for the:

DJI Phantom 2 Quadcopter v2.0 with Zenmuse H4-3D Gimbal Kit

We would like for you to verify your shipping address is valid and complete.

xxxxxx xxxxx

xxxx xxxxxxx Ave

Niles

Berrien

United States

Await your response so we can proceed with the delivery.

Cheers

Alex Nguyen

Sales Representative

For: Plumer's Varieties

E: [email protected]

W: http://www.plumersvariety.com

What didn't look right to me was my County and United States Why was a Company Based Out Of of Jacksonville Fla wanting to know my County for the Order. I went ahead and confirmed my info plus E-Mailed a couple questions and got No Response. The Next day I Get This E Mail

Dear, XXXXXX XXXXX

Your order which comes with (12 months Warranty and 30 Days Return Policy) has been successfully packaged for shipment to your destination.

Delivery: FedEx Courier Services within 48 hours maximum

Here is your order placement information once again.

DJI Phantom 2 Quadcopter v2.0 with Zenmuse H4-3D Gimbal Kit

Subtotal : $450

Tax : $0.00

Shipping : $20

Total : $470

Please Note:

1. Product comes with 12 months warranty.

2. 100% money back on orders and 30 days return policy guaranteed.

However our credit card merchant is down and offline so we could not charge your CARD. No Charges was carried out on the Credit Card. We direct our clients to complete the payment through WESTERN UNION to our head of accounting department and here is the information for payment.

There will be transfer charges. All you need do is deduct transfer charges from $470 and pay rest.

Accountant information

Name: Antonio Simmons

City: Williamsburg

State: Virginia

Zipcode: 23185

As soon as payment is done kindly email us with the:

MTCN #

SENDER'S NAME:

Once confirmed by our accountants we proceed with the shipment thereby giving you tracking numbers so you can know the exact time of delivery.

Await your mail

Alex Nguyen

Sales Representative

For: Plumer's Varieties

E: [email protected]

W: http://www.plumersvariety.com

So I immediately did some research and it seems I am not the only one! Another member on here that I have been incontact with also did some research and notified me in a PM. Anyways here is the SCAM ALERT WEB SITE>>>>> http://www.scamner.com/check/plumersvariety.com
ALSO THIS ONE>>>>> http://www.scamadviser.com/check-website/plumersvariety.com

~Duke

I Just contacted E-Bay and they sent me to the Internet Crime Complaint Center and I filed A Complaint Against Them. >>>> http://www.ic3.gov/default.aspx

Yeah I think Ill be okay on this one, He didn't get anything from me yeah he has my credit card# but I have enough on him my bank also has been called plus I have reported him to fleebay and the internet police! Hopefully all is good. ;)

First off, let me express to you how very sorry I am you've been scammed.

Secondly, let me express to you how very well you might have averted this WHOLE ordeal with a MINIMUM of research before "pulling the trigger" on this purchase.

Lastly, please know you can STOP this **** from happening RIGHT NOW by filing a complaint with your CC company.

SMDH. It really does amaze me how many people get taken on the Internet over stuff that in real life they would NEVER give CASH to a person for. It's the same thing. If you wouldn't give cash to a shady *****, then why are you going to do it on the Internet?

Reactions: Trumple and Duke
Yeah I think Ill be okay on this one, He didn't get anything from me yeah he has my credit card# but I have enough on him my bank also has been called plus I have reported him to fleebay and the internet police! Hopefully all is good. ;)

Sorry man. Not trying to be an ***. But I BET you knew this was a scam before you ever pulled that trigger just from the advice of your mother.

*sigh*

Even if they didn't charge anything on your credit card, cancel it now. You did give a known scammer your CC information that has probably already been sold.

Even if they didn't charge anything on your credit card, cancel it now. You did give a known scammer your CC information that has probably already been sold.

Yes sir. Agreed.

Reactions: Duke
The fact that it can can let me order more than 100 raises an eyebrow.. o_O

$20 to ship 999 P3Ps is a steal though.. like a highway robbery kind of steal.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2015-07-26 at 8.42.17 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2015-07-26 at 8.42.17 PM.png
    452.5 KB · Views: 422
Reactions: Duke and dirkclod
As I said, I am a new owner (well, it arrives tomorrow...), and for just about all of the sites I went to looking for prices all had the Phantom 2 Non-Vision with Zenmuse H4-3D gimbal for $699. It was just a matter of who to buy it from. I eventually went with dronecamps.com, mainly for all of the videos they have on YouTube, and because the Phantom will have the V2.0 upgrades (rotors, motor, etc.). Do your homework people!!!

First off, let me express to you how very sorry I am you've been scammed.

Secondly, let me express to you how very well you might have averted this WHOLE ordeal with a MINIMUM of research before "pulling the trigger" on this purchase.

Lastly, please know you can STOP this **** from happening RIGHT NOW by filing a complaint with your CC company.

SMDH. It really does amaze me how many people get taken on the Internet over stuff that in real life they would NEVER give CASH to a person for. It's the same thing. If you wouldn't give cash to a shady *****, then why are you going to do it on the Internet?

Well no money traded hands because I didn't send western union So I didn't get scammed **** close to it I guess. I did cancel my credit card so all is good is that department.

~Duke

On one hand, I'm sorry, and I bet you're already kicking yourself so you don't need other people kicking you
On the other hand: "If it's too good to be true, it probably is"

Just buy from the DJI dealers on the DJI website. Only way to be sure.
Looks like you did all the right things after the fact though. Just make sure that CC truly is cancelled.

Sell.jpg

Never go with Western Union!

Now that is some funny **** right there! :):D:p:rolleyes: If only if Jim would have been there to help out Ole ~Duke ;)

Last edited:
Alert - Scam

Airborne Drones South African drone manufactor

clip_image001.png

Do not do business with this company - Airbone Drones, 37 Koeberg Rd, Cape Town, 7405, South Africa - www.airbornedrones.co

I was robbed because after paying full, only part of the items I bought, where delivered. Even the drone I received does not meet the specifications (see quotation attached), and is useless.

My complaints always generate a lot of of excuses and promises, clearly with no intention of solving the problem. Only to postpone it.

Mr. John James Geber ([email protected]), who owns the company AIRBORNE DRONES (Airbornedrones long range flight systems with Direct Vision Feed) is neither scrupulous nor ethical. He is also a liar and does not prove to be ashamed of it.
The drones he manufactures and delivery, unlike those advertised on his website, are of poor quality, and simply do not work.
This person is a stoner and should be in jail for the financial crimes he practices causing harm to everyone who buys his products.
I repeat: DO NOT BUY AND DO NOT PROVIDE ANYTHING FOR THIS COMPANY BECAUSE YOU WILL BE FOOLED AND WILL LOSE YOUR MONEY.

Alert - Scam

Airborne Drones South African drone manufactor

clip_image001.png

Do not do business with this company - Airbone Drones, 37 Koeberg Rd, Cape Town, 7405, South Africa - www.airbornedrones.co

I was robbed because after paying full, only part of the items I bought, where delivered. Even the drone I received does not meet the specifications (see quotation attached), and is useless.

My complaints always generate a lot of of excuses and promises, clearly with no intention of solving the problem. Only to postpone it.

Mr. John James Geber ([email protected]), who owns the company AIRBORNE DRONES (Airbornedrones long range flight systems with Direct Vision Feed) is neither scrupulous nor ethical. He is also a liar and does not prove to be ashamed of it.
The drones he manufactures and delivery, unlike those advertised on his website, are of poor quality, and simply do not work.
This person is a stoner and should be in jail for the financial crimes he practices causing harm to everyone who buys his products.
I repeat: DO NOT BUY AND DO NOT PROVIDE ANYTHING FOR THIS COMPANY BECAUSE YOU WILL BE FOOLED AND WILL LOSE YOUR MONEY.

Airborne Drones values its customers and always strives to always satisfy its' wide variety of 'blue-chip' companies across the globe. The UAV market though is a very new industry and satisfied customers are not always guaranteed. We would like to make respond to Mr Ferreira's complaints and include the following extract of our last communication to Mr Ferreira in this regard:

FAZENDA MEANDROS
CLAUDIO MARTINS FERREIRA “Per email: [email protected]
Dear Claudio.
AIRBORNE DRONES (PTY) LTD / FAZENDA MEANDROS – CLAUDIO MARTINS FERREIRA
We refer to the above mentioned matter as well as your email letter dated 20 February
Whilst it is apparent from the contents of your aforesaid letter that your intentions remain to attack and defame the company, we believe that such an approach is counterproductive and far divorced from an individual whom seeks to resolve an alleged product issue.
The salient facts relating to the matter are as follows:
1. Upon notice of your dissatisfaction concerning alleged issues with your product,
Airborne Drones facilitated the despatch of a technician to your country (Brazil) at
the company’s expense, to assess and rectify any alleged issues;
2. Having conducted and documented the necessary tests (per our standards test) to
ensure and confirm that all alleged technical issues were duly rectified, our
technician requested that he return to South Africa (such request was made directly
to you by both the technician as well as the company);
3. It is now common cause that you were unsatisfied with the aforesaid tests and
therein demanded (telephonically and through electronic mail) that he remained in
your custody to satisfy your preconceived form of testing the product;
4. You refused to allow the technician to return home on the above basis;
5. Our technician, whom has subsequently returned, has provided our office with a
report in which he is satisfied that during such visit, he was able rectify all technical
issues which the product allegedly possessed.
Considering the above the company is satisfied that it has fulfilled all its contractual
obligations towards you.
Should you however differ in your assessment of the matter and therein still maintain your stance (that the product still possesses technical issues), the company then in such instance suggests, in a final attempt to settle this matter amicably, the following:
1. You return the product to our offices in an unaltered condition;
2. The company therein tenders to replace your allegedly defective system with a
completely new system.
We trust that you shall be guided accordingly in this regard and that sanity shall prevail.
We await your urgent response herein."

CEO
Airborne Drones (Pty) Ltd
We await Mr Ferreira's assistance and cooperation in this matter in order to fully resolve any outstanding issues..

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
argues