March 7th, NEW P4P Firmware V 01.03.0418

I wonder what the "Lock gimbal fuction" is all about?

DJI Support on FB says "It was added to freeze the gimbal when using the mechanical shutter."

Another pilot's explanation: "If your gimbal is drifting back into place, or slowly following yaw, it freezes completely and after the shot continues movement."

Thanks for the note - tried that, which is where I'm getting "Update Failed. Error code: 800." Tried multiple downloads, cards, tries, etc. Unfortunately not working and DJI Assistant 2 does not see the remote when plugged into computer either.

Same error in my P4P+. The solution was do a "reset confugurarion" in the RC, erasing all the user config. Like when the RC as it comes from factory.

Last edited:
Here's the tip of the day for those needing to update the P4P+ RC firmware: Make sure your SD card is completely formatted (totally nuked - delete everything you see on the card even after formatting) before you put the .bin file on it and then insert it into the SD card slot on the RC to do the "local update" method. The .bin has to be the only thing you see on the SD, even stuff that your remote/aircraft/computer may put on the card after formatting. Finally got it to work. BTW as per ushe DJI Support was useless in this situation and I had to figure this out myself while on chat with them for half an hour, thankfully I'm resourceful. Fly on.
Hi there, for me it worked while all my stuff remaining on my sd-card. No needed empty SD at all. Most important is to use the latest DJI Assistant Version 1.1.1.0 - using Version 1.0.9. results in some errors on updating NFZ.

Hello

First time poster long time reader.. I installed the new upgrades and ive seen airspacemedia in youtube showing the update...

I can't see the gimbal lock in any of the menus (youtube) shows it clearly, how to enable it??

Another one is dlog modest live view shows vivid colors in youtube to see screen better in sunlight.. Its dlog grey in mine..?

Anyone else having these any solutions people have found or is the update fill with bugs??

Thanks happy flying

Reactions: AIRSPACE
Is anyone else seeing that the option to switch between 2.4Ghz & 5.8Ghz has gone missing in this latest update?

EDIT: I think I may have been looking at the settings when not connected to the Phantom fully. Flew briefly today & the option was available.....sorry for causing panic :)

Last edited:
I'm on latest version and still have the option:

Screenshot.jpg

I updated straight from the DJI GO4 app connected directly to the Phantom without any issues whatsoever. Only took around 15 minutes. No cards involved. I don't see why anyone is choosing any other way !?

Geez, this is why Dji will never will be anything but a provider of advanced toys, their own company is the bottle neck, always the same story over and over again, they never learn.
Even for a 10k Inspire they provide the same amateurish service, still they refer to their products as "pro"
If the word "pro" was the only thing required to be Pro, then we would all be pros :tearsofjoy:

I had excellent service from DJI when I had to have my Inspire 1 returned for repair under warranty . Maybe the service varies from country to country .

Hi there, for me it worked while all my stuff remaining on my sd-card. No needed empty SD at all. Most important is to use the latest DJI Assistant Version 1.1.1.0 - using Version 1.0.9. results in some errors on updating NFZ.

Mine worked fine for the aircraft just needed the card totally cleared except for bin file for update on P4P+ remote which we've all found is always a different animal, always some weird workaround that never follows the iOS/Android DJI Go App for phones/tablets ugh. Glad yours works for you.

Reactions: Matchlock
I also could not get the firmware update to work using my iPhone 7 or iPad pro. Had no issues upgrading firmware using DJI Assistant v1.1.0. AFC is a solid addition and without proper testing it seemed like software produced a more in focus image more reliably.. Forcing ISO 500 in DLOG is interesting like they did with the Inspire 2 and the LIVE view is pretty cool too. Have to say pretty happy so far and haven't even got into the air yet

good stuff here.

Reactions: AIRSPACE
just realized after going over some settings in correlation with some youtubers, there is no "live view" that rainbow colored box next to afc/mf doesn't seem to exist on android devices. cmon dji i would love that on android! is this truly only an apple option?
tia

just realized after going over some settings in correlation with some youtubers, there is no "live view" that rainbow colored box next to afc/mf doesn't seem to exist on android devices. cmon dji i would love that on android! is this truly only an apple option?
tia

It seems like only iOs at this moment. But I believe it will be coming to android shortly.. (DJI go was recently updated to 4.0.6)

Hello

First time poster long time reader.. I installed the new upgrades and ive seen airspacemedia in youtube showing the update...

I can't see the gimbal lock in any of the menus (youtube) shows it clearly, how to enable it??

Another one is dlog modest live view shows vivid colors in youtube to see screen better in sunlight.. Its dlog grey in mine..?

Anyone else having these any solutions people have found or is the update fill with bugs??

Thanks happy flying

Hmm Tuka is this still the case?? and if you are on android this might be the cause. It seems like DJI have not added it for android just yet (doh!)

Here's the deal with the Plus R/C and updating FW via local SD card...

The card size must be 16GB or smaller and formatted to FAT32 to work. I'm pretty confident that this is what is throwing people off during the process and causing all of the errors we've come across. It is not documented well at all. I highly recommend keeping the 16GB SD card that came with your A/C for your R/C FW updates as you're most likely upgrading that anyways.

Once your SD card is formatted to FAT32 (Windows quick format works fine), extract the BIN file you downloaded from DJI and put it on the SD card. For those that do not know what a 'Root Directory' is, that means it should not be in any folder on the card. Follow the instructions for Local Update on your R/C and you show be set to go.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Scav8tor