March 7th, NEW P4P Firmware V 01.03.0418

Use the DJI GO 4 app to install the firmware if you can. Much easier.
Maybe, if it works. I prefer using DJI Assistant (I have found it to be more reliable in general), but thanks for your advice.

P4P+ update not working on my remote controller on SD card or download method. Getting error "Update Failed. Error code: 800" using SD and "Update Package Broken. Download again?" via download method. Anyone get the RC update to work?

Here's the tip of the day for those needing to update the P4P+ RC firmware: Make sure your SD card is completely formatted (totally nuked - delete everything you see on the card even after formatting) before you put the .bin file on it and then insert it into the SD card slot on the RC to do the "local update" method. The .bin has to be the only thing you see on the SD, even stuff that your remote/aircraft/computer may put on the card after formatting. Finally got it to work. BTW as per ushe DJI Support was useless in this situation and I had to figure this out myself while on chat with them for half an hour, thankfully I'm resourceful. Fly on.

Last edited:
I installed new fw without issue (via DJI Assistant 1.1.0). Everything appear normal. I see better quality video feed on the ipad air, but it may be just a personal impression. Not yet tested in flight anyway.
The DJI Assistant asked me about NFZ "database update", but I was not fast enough to answer yes/no and the dialog box disappeared on its own... It never asked me again ... boh!

So, when I go to the DJI website to download the newest Assistant software it still pukes with this message:

This XML file does not appear to have any style information associated with it. The document tree is shown below.
"); vertical-align: bottom; height: 10px;"><Error>
<Code>NoSuchKey</Code>
<Message>The specified key does not exist.</Message>
"); vertical-align: bottom; height: 10px;"><Key>
downloadsdji_assistant/20170302/DJI Assistant 2 1.1.0.zip
</Key>
<RequestId>FD3320EB1DFB504C</RequestId>
"); vertical-align: bottom; height: 10px;"><HostId>
p1OEGFc0C9IN7P9KiY21RwP3SrfhtAFym8YVNuX5T06ssxLVCVxzlZejVmdd0GFhFWu2hygRHjc=
</HostId>
</Error>

It's been doing this for about 5 days now so DJI just doesn't give a sh!t about it -- hey, we tried, what more do you want...

Brian
Brian,

The issue is a typo in the embedded URL, where it reads:

"downloadsdji_assistant/20170302/DJI Assistant 2 1.1.0.zip"

The URL should be:

https://dl.djicdn.com/downloads/dji_assistant/20170302/DJI+Assistant+2+1.1.0.zip

if you put this URL into your browser, it will download the file you seek.

Cheers,
Mike

Reactions: MaxHam
I also could not get the firmware update to work using my iPhone 7 or iPad pro. Had no issues upgrading firmware using DJI Assistant v1.1.0. AFC is a solid addition and without proper testing it seemed like software produced a more in focus image more reliably.. Forcing ISO 500 in DLOG is interesting like they did with the Inspire 2 and the LIVE view is pretty cool too. Have to say pretty happy so far and haven't even got into the air yet

P4P+ update not working on my remote controller on SD card or download method. Getting error "Update Failed. Error code: 800" using SD and "Update Package Broken. Download again?" via download method. Anyone get the RC update to work?

Yes same here. I freshly reformatted my SD card with Fat32 on my PC then tried again and succeeded.

I hope they fixed all of the bugs as well, and that this change log is just to "deny" anything else was ever wrong...
Doesn't look like it. A LOT of pissed of people in the DJI forums saying that the gimbal twitch problem is still there and the horizon tilt issue is just as bad.

Looks like DJI added fixes for things most people weren't complaining about and didn't really address the real issues.

Reactions: AyeYo
be nice if I could get this to update through the app on the p4p+ remote. DJI assistant only has ''reset to defaults'' on the screen when I plug it in. Trying the put .bin file on microsd right now see if that works

I have tried to upgrade firmware from my PC using DJI Assistant 2 latest version and it gets stuck at 5℅ or 6℅ when it's at the transmission stage... It just doesn't update. I had no issue upgrading it in previous firmware releases but having problems in this one. Any idea how to fix this and install it? After 5-10 minutes I get an update failed error. Tried a couple of times and no success :(

Doesn't look like it. A LOT of pissed of people in the DJI forums saying that the gimbal twitch problem is still there and the horizon tilt issue is just as bad.

Looks like DJI added fixes for things most people weren't complaining about and didn't really address the real issues.

Geez, this is why Dji will never will be anything but a provider of advanced toys, their own company is the bottle neck, always the same story over and over again, they never learn.
Even for a 10k Inspire they provide the same amateurish service, still they refer to their products as "pro"
If the word "pro" was the only thing required to be Pro, then we would all be pros :tearsofjoy:

Reactions: inkytog and AyeYo
I have tried to upgrade firmware from my PC using DJI Assistant 2 latest version and it gets stuck at 5℅ or 6℅ when it's at the transmission stage... It just doesn't update. I had no issue upgrading it in previous firmware releases but having problems in this one. Any idea how to fix this and install it? After 5-10 minutes I get an update failed error. Tried a couple of times and no success :(
I finally succeeded in the update. Restarted computer, reinstalled DJI Assistant and I managed to update firmware the their time.... Now the problem is with the remote control software. I have 4 Pro Plus with built-in screen, I am prompted to download new update but it gives an error, the update package is broken :( I downloaded the file manually but I can't install Zip software to unzip it in the built-in remote controller. What would be the solution to update it? Thanks a lot

Upgraded P4P this morning using the GO4 app on my iPad Air 2. It sat on 99% finished for about 10 minutes and then completed the update no problem. The AFC seems cool but I wonder about the ISO 500 for DLOG. Does anyone have any knowledge about the effects of this? They claim higher dynamic range, but it seems that the ISO would add so much noise the image would be unusable and then there's the matter of getting to the sweet spot for 4k/30 video. Not sure my filters will do that and how would my video look? I'd go try it but the wind blowing a little stiff. Maybe tomorrow.

Last edited:
I finally succeeded in the update. Restarted computer, reinstalled DJI Assistant and I managed to update firmware the their time.... Now the problem is with the remote control software. I have 4 Pro Plus with built-in screen, I am prompted to download new update but it gives an error, the update package is broken :( I downloaded the file manually but I can't install Zip software to unzip it in the built-in remote controller. What would be the solution to update it? Thanks a lot

See my post from above, this is what finally worked for me: March 7th, NEW P4P Firmware V 01.03.0418

be nice if I could get this to update through the app on the p4p+ remote. DJI assistant only has ''reset to defaults'' on the screen when I plug it in. Trying the put .bin file on microsd right now see if that works

No success through DJI Assistant, but putting a freshly formatted card with the .bin file and selecting update local worked just fine.

With todays newest firmware DJI offers an optional update of the NFZ database. I only upgraded the firmware and skipped the NFZ part. I'm wondering if it implies an intensified interpretation of where not to fly.
DJI defines regular rules that in some cases may not reflect local regulations.

In their own words:
"The GEO system is advisory only... DJI has selected widely-recommended general parameters (such as a 1.5 mile radius at airports) without making any determination of whether this guidance matches regulations that may apply specifically to you."

View attachment 77920

Do you guys know if with this NFZ update - can it be modified/customized/turned on off? DJI is becoming overly cautious with no fly zones that often do not align with Part 107 legal airspace and if you have a waiver, etc. to fly. I want to update to the latest software, just want to make sure it doesn't mean my bird won't be able to fly on a job where I have actual permission from FAA to fly!

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akinproplumbing