MAP DETAIL MISSING

Reaction score
I have a P3S and recently went from an android phone to an Apple Mini 2 tablet. Android phone worked fine except display was too small. I was able to get a map of my location (home) and was able to look at the map as either map, satellite or hybrid. Also the flight simulator had three perspectives. With the Ipad I only get the map view, (no satellite or hybrid). I cached the map of my location in the tablet. Still no satellite or hybrid view. Also the flight simulator has only one perspective which is from a single location on the ground (like real life).
What am I doing wrong?
Thanks for your help

The sim only has that view with iOS.
When you enlarge the "map" there should be 3 icons in the top right of sat map screen. the 3rd one open the options you wish. The stacked paper layers icon.

I tried my iPad mini yesterday fur the first time and experienced this as well, no satellite or hybrid views when selected. I am familiar with the 'layers' icon and its function, but it didn't work when selected. I went back to my Note 5, there was what I considered too much lag using the iPad fpv anyway I felt.

Reactions: mdowney58
The sim only has that view with iOS.
When you enlarge the "map" there should be 3 icons in the top right of sat map screen. the 3rd one open the options you wish. The stacked paper layers icon.
Correct, there are three icons but the only one that works is the map. The other two the screen is dark grey. I went back to my android phone and it works fine.

I tried my iPad mini yesterday fur the first time and experienced this as well, no satellite or hybrid views when selected. I am familiar with the 'layers' icon and its function, but it didn't work when selected. I went back to my Note 5, there was what I considered too much lag using the iPad fpv anyway I felt.
Exactly what happens with mine. Very disappointed in apple. Anyone wants to buy a brand new ipad mini 2 let me know.

I'm guessing however if all the settings are correct it may be a computer chip problem. As in not enough computer chip power to display.

I use ipad mini 4 with great results with a8 chipset.

I'm guessing however if all the settings are correct it may be a computer chip problem. As in not enough computer chip power to display.

I use ipad mini 4 with great results with a8 chipset.
Phantom Help guy was able to help me get it working. With wifi connected to the internet and no drone, go into the GO ap and open the camera view, open map. Home point should be in the center of the map, I was able to open the hybrid view, I guess because of the internet connection. Zoom out as you can cover more territory that way. Scroll around until you have covered the area you wish to fly in.. Disconnect wifi from internet, start drone, connect to drone, camera view, map, and you should see the hybrid detail of the area you covered. Map opens slowly but it worked for me. Thanks.

BACK AGAIN. Sort of same problem. I had previously casched maps of my area and was able to see standard and hybrid on the dJIGO app. Went to fly today and no map detail. Finally going to apple maps and highlighting my area and after going back and forth between camera view and map I was able to see the map of my location in hybrid view. PS3S, apple IPAD mini2. Any ideas? Thanks!

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl