Manual flying tutorials

Reaction score
Are there any video tutorials on youtube about manual flying?
I try to learn it but it has a very steep learning curve!!

Last week I crashed with an amazing high speed. Luckely almost no damage.

I learned several things now. The most important switch is S1. If you lose control switch immediately back to GPS mode.
The second most control is the trottle. If the bird is going to fast and diving to steep push it all the way up and with a little bit of luck you will regain control. If not..S1
The phantom is in the manual mode inherently unstable. Also vertically. That means you have to work actively with the controls all the time. As soon as you switch to manually its starts to decent very quickly and you have to push the trotlle up to get it hovering. If you going for/backwards or sidewards it always dives to a high speed if you not counteract this with the upward trottle.

Needless to say that you should start on a high altitude, at least 30 to 40 meters.

Its quite amazing and gives a lot of fun. But my steps have to be very small as I don't no yet what the flight dynamics are in manual mode.

Advice and tips please.

Ton

Sure,

Picture yourself sitting on a greased beach ball or an air bubble.

If you move in ANY direction you will 'slide' down the side until you... crash. CP heli piots can relate.

Now you must be able to learn the controls required to maintain altitude, attitude, and the flight trajectory you wish to execute.

Start easy and get up 50 or so feet. Keep the a/c pointing away from you or 'tail in' to maintain orientation (no yaw).

Swithch to manual and add some throttle to maintain hover, try just up and down first then slowly left to right.

Be read to get back to Atti. to bail yourself out.

I'd say you already have more experience then 95% of members in this community with manual flying.

Also, as you probably already know, youtube is laid out fairly decent so just do a search there for any content you're interested in.

ado said:
how do i switch to manual? do i have to be in naza mode?
Yes, and you have to configure your bottom level of S1 to manual in the assistant software.

Good luck...

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl