MAJOR PROBLEM GUYS

Thanks everyone for the replies; Really appreciate everyone's help!

UPDATE: Took her out after work last night and things were better. Only went about 200 ft + because things still didn't feel quite right. Signal issue seems to have been resolved, still REALLY bad video relay to the mobile device but whatever, I can handle that.

The thing that is scaring me is the uncontrollable drifting and incrementally climbing in altitude with my hands completely off the sticks. Maybe the drifting is product of wind gusts as it was a bit windy yesterday, but I was wondering if strong wind gusts can produce enough lift on the propellers to make this thing climb without me hitting the gas? Anyone ever seen/heard of this before?

I've got a commercial shoot scheduled for tomorrow, hoping to get in one more flight today, and if things are still behaving strangely I will probably cancel the job due to not being comfortable with the operating condition of my craft;

All of this is strongly making me consider Autel, Yuneec, or even a 3DR for my next purchase; DJI and these firmwear issues, it's just ridiculous
If you use this drone as part of your income I would have gotten the Adv or Pro, not the P3S. And that's from a Standard owner.

@wmcvey Agreed. I purchased this PS3 when a commercial license was just a very distant pipe dream. Now that I have obtained the 107 I am evaluating different options and looking to purchase in the near future. Was dead set on the Inspire Pro but I am not feeling the love from DJI customer service or with their stupid firmware debacles..Autel or Yuneec for me in the future - both market on their customer service superiority to DJI and Autel has 24/7 U.S. based customer service out of Seattle, WA.

Take it into your garage and fly 2 feet off the deck in sport mode then atti.
Atti ignores GPS
Sport ignores GPS and Barometer.
That may narrow things down a bit.
You don't want to fly a Standard indoors, and there is no sport mode, unless I missed something.

Rod

I thought the standard had all three modes ??
Am I wrong ?

The only reason I suggested he go into the garage was to see if he could determine why he had drift.
A garage has no wind to deal with.
Did it drift because the GPS was malfunctioning ? Turn it off.
Did it drift because the barometer was ma functioning ?Turn it off too.

Thanks everyone for the replies; Really appreciate everyone's help!

UPDATE: Took her out after work last night and things were better. Only went about 200 ft + because things still didn't feel quite right. Signal issue seems to have been resolved, still REALLY bad video relay to the mobile device but whatever, I can handle that.

The thing that is scaring me is the uncontrollable drifting and incrementally climbing in altitude with my hands completely off the sticks. Maybe the drifting is product of wind gusts as it was a bit windy yesterday, but I was wondering if strong wind gusts can produce enough lift on the propellers to make this thing climb without me hitting the gas? Anyone ever seen/heard of this before?

I've got a commercial shoot scheduled for tomorrow, hoping to get in one more flight today, and if things are still behaving strangely I will probably cancel the job due to not being comfortable with the operating condition of my craft;

All of this is strongly making me consider Autel, Yuneec, or even a 3DR for my next purchase; DJI and these firmwear issues, it's just ridiculous

"still REALLY bad video relay to the mobile device"
Look turning of video cache on your mobile device also look under Mobile device fixes on @msinger site.
DJI Phantom Accessories & Tips - Phantom Help

"incrementally climbing in altitude with my hands completely off the sticks"
Play back your flight on your mobile device, there is an option to view your remote control movements while your flying. If you see something activity, and know you wasn't pressing on the stick at that time, then do a remote calibration, (would hurt anyway) I would look to see the problem on playback first.

Not knowing what you have done, or tried. ;)

Here is what I think you should look into.

I IMU calibration, I wouldn't chill it ;)
IMU Calibration

Gimbal Calibration, why not? :rolleyes:

Thoughts when and not to do compass calibration, don't think this would be a factor. :rolleyes:

ADDED: forgot the link,
Compass Calibration, A Complete Primer

Rod

Last edited:
I thought the standard had all three modes ??
Am I wrong ?

The only reason I suggested he go into the garage was to see if he could determine why he had drift.
A garage has no wind to deal with.
Did it drift because the GPS was malfunctioning ? Turn it off.
Did it drift because the barometer was ma functioning ?Turn it off too.

The Std 4k, I don't know? The standard doesn't have any of those options except GPS / ATTi, and has no vision sensors.

Rod

Added: If I missing something, that they snuck into the app, let me know.
:)

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl