magnetic antenna mounts for my car

No, the amplifiers come with a wall plug.
The ones you listed have an output of 5V, the amplifiers require at least 6V, but 12V will be optimal.
The wall plug you posted is for charging it won't have a high enough amperage output to power two of these amplifiers.
Like I said, the amplifiers come with a wall plug. Why would you buy a different one?

No, the amplifiers come with a wall plug.
The ones you listed have an output of 5V, the amplifiers require at least 6V, but 12V will be optimal.
The wall plug you posted is for charging it won't have a high enough amperage output to power two of these amplifiers.
Like I said, the amplifiers come with a wall plug. Why would you buy a different one?

Ok thanks.
Looks like 5V is the max for all the USB chargers which is not enough for the amplifiers. The only amplifier that accept 5V is the expensive Sunhans SH-RC24G3W

I understand they come with a wall plug. I want the set up to be portable. So, the amplifiers need to be mounted to the RC and powered by a battery. But, I don't want to cut wires and solder. As such, I look for a power bank with 2 USB output charging ports and USB to DC plug cables to charge the 2 amplifiers. And I want to do it cheaply and easy... I don't want to spend >$300 on the setup that MaxxUAV is selling.

You don't "charge" the amplifiers..... you power them. And powering them off of 5v won't make them very powerful. Yes they will work with 5v.... but just working and working great are 2 different things. They really need 12v to shine.

You want something like this:

DC 12480 4800 mAh DC 12V Super Lithium Polymer Dual Lead Battery Pack | eBay

Ok, thanks for the link. I am not looking charge the amplifier. I was looking to power the amp. using the widely available portable batteries with USB outputs but they can only give 5V, not enough to properly power the amp.

I did not realize that wall wart has a battery built in to it. That is a pretty cool product.
You can get the lipos I posted for around $9 each and buy a cheap balance charger. I have seen some slow balance chargers go for around $10.

I had a chance to try these out today from the street front of my house. My neighbors gave me weird looks.
I flew down the valley over a neighborhood with plenty of potential WiFi interference. I went out a little over a mile at about 100ft altitude. I had full bars out and back.
I will go out a little further tomorrow. It was pretty nice not having to worry about sun glare whilst sitting in the air conditioning listening to the radio.:cool:
DJI_0019.JPG

Reactions: Oso
The seller also has shorter cable versions. I have ten foot cables, which worked out pretty good. I can stand outside of my car with the antennas on top of the car and the cables connected to the remote. This way I can take off and fly out a little, then get in the car and finish flying from inside. I can just leave the extra cabling hanging outside the car or in the floor.

I had a chance to try these out today from the street front of my house. My neighbors gave me weird looks.
I flew down the valley over a neighborhood with plenty of potential WiFi interference. I went out a little over a mile at about 100ft altitude. I had full bars out and back.
I will go out a little further tomorrow. It was pretty nice not having to worry about sun glare whilst sitting in the air conditioning listening to the radio.:cool:
View attachment 82312

I just ordered the same alfa directional panels and will test them later this week. I bought a used P3P RC (GL300C) with the DBS mod off ebay and has been disappointed with its performance. It showed no improvement over stock antennas. In fact, the cheap windsurfers did better. Let's see what these alfa panels can do.

I just ordered the same alfa directional panels and will test them later this week. I bought a used P3P RC (GL300C) with the DBS mod off ebay and has been disappointed with its performance. It showed no improvement over stock antennas. In fact, the cheap windsurfers did better. Let's see what these alfa panels can do.
Check your wiring connections. That is unusual.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dlr11164