Lost contact with Phantom 2 tx. Now its in the bay

thongbong said:
Seems like 3.0 is the common denominator in this thread. As you all know DJI does not beta test anything. From DJIs past, it seems like a firmware bug. It could be killing the battery or superfluously adding in random "no fly zones" and killing the bird in mid flight. If it's not broke don't fix it. Go back to 1.08.

I think the term red herring applies here.

ianwood said:
thongbong said:
Seems like 3.0 is the common denominator in this thread. As you all know DJI does not beta test anything. From DJIs past, it seems like a firmware bug. It could be killing the battery or superfluously adding in random "no fly zones" and killing the bird in mid flight. If it's not broke don't fix it. Go back to 1.08.

I think the term red herring applies here.

Well 3.0 could be involved, but small collections of anecdotal evidence seldom support such conclusions.

I want to correct my self after speaking with him today.
He say 3.x
He is not sure
He say its the one that got out before the one from last week .
But its a 3.x
So i wanted to buy my self a phantom 2 but now am really afraid .

Sent from my GT-P7510 using Tapatalk

sar104 said:
Well 3.0 could be involved, but small collections of anecdotal evidence seldom support such conclusions.

Yes, I wouldn't rule it out but it would be low on the list of likely suspects. My guess is that the Phantom likes water. It always has. And then there is the TX oddities of RF over water like we discussed before. Multi-path reflections arriving 180 degrees out of phase and other things like that.

But without more evidence (like video) we are all guessing in a vacuum.

I have not given up. I am still trying to locate my drowned Phantom 2 so I can take it back to DJI North America and start my campaign to get a replacement P2 and Gimbal.

This water interference thing is just pure ******** and I am convinced this is what happened. Maybe if I had a Futaba Tx this would not have happened. BUT I SHOULD NOT HAVE TO REPLACE THE **** FACTORY TX in order to trust this thing.

It's been 4 days now but I am going to get it back with help from SCUBA gear.

ianwood said:
sar104 said:

Yes, I wouldn't rule it out but it would be low on the list of likely suspects. My guess is that the Phantom likes water. It always has. And then there is the TX oddities of RF over water like we discussed before. Multi-path reflections arriving 180 degrees out of phase and other things like that.

Good luck !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I am trying to extract the video out of my friend . ( crashing in the desert )
But he is being weird on me " i don't want dji will be upset at me "
I will get it, don't worry, today or tomorrow .

ianwood said:
sar104 said:

Good luck !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

koop said:

Sounds like a friend I have, God bless them. ;)

thongbong said:
koop said:

Sounds like a friend I have, God bless them. ;)
:)

[Update] I never recovered the P2 out of the bay :x ... BUT I did recall a similar incident 3 weeks prior and I did find the video evidence of doing the same thing it did over water last week. Yes the battery was fully charged and this was 3 minutes into flight.

Here is the video/audio of the power failure https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G3cYDw6 ... e=youtu.be

What are your thoughts? Do I have a case with DJI for replacement?

tom3holer said:
The video isn't there.

I would say if you have a video showing the same thing you have a very good case.

Tom
Try it now, I fixed the link. This video shows the same failure 3 weeks prior to falling in the bay.1 Same P2

Do you guys think its a physically problem with the battery?
Or it a firmware bug?

i am affriad to fly i have3 new battery , may they are all carry this fault .

When iphantom 1 came out i allwayse wanted to have a power botton
And pepole told me there is a resone for not having one.
Less problems.
Well they right, and making this button electronicly that's a very bad idea!!

TodayTrader said:
tom3holer said:
The video isn't there.

I would say if you have a video showing the same thing you have a very good case.

Tom
Try it now, I fixed the link. This video shows the same failure 3 weeks prior to falling in the bay.1 Same P2

Well first off I wouldn't call it a power failure. The power is still there just weak or a problem with the Naza. The gimbal is still powered after the crash.

It is however a problem and with the video I would contact DJI.

Tom

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl