Loss signal message for 5.8 vs 2.4 ??

Reaction score
I received a message while flying yesterday that said "link lost". Or something to that effect. I don't think it was "control signal lost"... In the midst of my panic, I just brought the bird back home. And now I'm left wondering... Did I lose the control link or the 2.4 FPV link? What exactly are the messages for each respectively? I usually lose the control link first and in the past when my FPV starts showing signs of losing a signal, I bring it home before it happens so that is why I'm not sure. Thanks for your help.

If the screen said Phantom Connection Broken, you lost the WiFi feed and control was probably still good. If that happens give it a good altitude boost before you trigger failsafe so it doesn't run into anything on the way back.

If the TX signal is lost first, you get a control signal lost message followed by a Coming Home message and you can continue to see the video feed as it comes home.

Attachments

• IMG_0342.PNG
    IMG_0342.PNG
    159.1 KB · Views: 333
cahutch said:
If the screen said Connection to Phantom Lost, you lost the WiFi feed and control was probably still good. If that happens give it a good altitude boost before you trigger failsafe so it doesn't run into anything on the way back.
If the TX signal is lost first, you get a control signal lost message followed by a Coming Home message and you can continue to see the video feed as it comes home.
Thanks. If you lose the wifi feed, do you still get the telemetry feeds? I.e. Compass/radar feed on lower left corner of app?

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akinproplumbing