Welcome to PhantomPilots.com

Loss signal message for 5.8 vs 2.4 ??

Discussion in 'Phantom 2 Vision + Discussion' started by srandall25, Aug 10, 2014.

1. srandall25

I received a message while flying yesterday that said "link lost". Or something to that effect. I don't think it was "control signal lost"... In the midst of my panic, I just brought the bird back home. And now I'm left wondering... Did I lose the control link or the 2.4 FPV link? What exactly are the messages for each respectively? I usually lose the control link first and in the past when my FPV starts showing signs of losing a signal, I bring it home before it happens so that is why I'm not sure. Thanks for your help.

2. cahutch

If the screen said Phantom Connection Broken, you lost the WiFi feed and control was probably still good. If that happens give it a good altitude boost before you trigger failsafe so it doesn't run into anything on the way back.

If the TX signal is lost first, you get a control signal lost message followed by a Coming Home message and you can continue to see the video feed as it comes home.

Attached Files:

3. srandall25

Thanks. If you lose the wifi feed, do you still get the telemetry feeds? I.e. Compass/radar feed on lower left corner of app?

4. cahutch

No. That data comes from the WiFi link.

5. srandall25

Thanks cahutch.