Loss of signal at 830 ft

Reaction score
After more than 50 flights with the P3P including some 1 mile flights in the same location as today, I experienced a "No Signal" dropout and Go app crash today at a height of 300 ft and 830 feet away from HP. iPhone 6 running DJI Go 2.1.0 and most current Phantom FW. Two prior flights on DJI Go 2.1.0 were uneventful and had ranges of over 2000 feet. Although the video was blacked out, some data flow seemed to continue. The RTH button did not start the RTH. I fell back on P2V procedures and shut down the controller completely and within a few seconds, I heard the Phantom begin to return to home. I immediately rebooted the DJI Go App. In about 30 seconds, The Phantom had just about returned to home when I was able to take control of it and brought it into a safe hand catch. Looking at the in-app flight data, there is no ending where the app rebooted, instead, it shows a 30 second gap between where it started the RTH and when I grabbed control.
I hate to say this, but based on my extended previous positive experience with this Phantom using the Pilot app, I have some concerns about the new Go App's stability.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl