Losing GPS While on a Litchi Mission

Reaction score
So courious what would happen if the pilot lost GPS signal 1/2 way through this flight. Does anyone know what the craft does when it's on a Litchi mission, out of range, and loses GPS?

Loses GPS and out of range I believe defaults to Hover in place and then auto land there if battery hits critical low.

Loses GPS and out of range I believe defaults to Hover in place and then auto land there if battery hits critical low.
That's pretty dangerous if that's the case, considering no GPS = ATTI = drift with the slightest breeze while hovering.

That's pretty dangerous if that's the case, considering no GPS = ATTI = drift with the slightest breeze while hovering.
True but what other option would there be? Without GPS it really doesn't know where home is so it's free flight until critically low battery then an auto-land.

I'm not 100% sure that's what it does in that situation but I can't figure out anything else it would do.

True but what other option would there be? Without GPS it really doesn't know where home is so it's free flight until critically low battery then an auto-land.

I'm not 100% sure that's what it does in that situation but I can't figure out anything else it would do.
No, I hear ya. Not sure which I would prefer... drifting into oblivion or auto landing in a tree/lake/den of lions.

I wish someone knew for sure. This is what scares me out of a mission that I know will loose signal.

It has to just go into atti mode and drift......

Has anyone lost gps while flying a phantom 4 or inspire? I have on another model I have (not DJI), was lil exhilarating:)

I've lost GPS flying P3 and yes it drifts (depending on wind).

You might have good luck emailing Litchi and asking them directly at :
[email protected]

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl