Lose if video transmission

Reaction score
Hi guys, I had my 3 4k up about 200 feet, and out 1000 feet along the beach. I lost video transmission, and saw a warning to return to home?
It did not return by it self, I still had control and kept my cool, a lesson I learned from this forum. I flew it back and all ended good. My question is, should it return by it self, or was that just a warning?
I think I hit, cancel when I saw the warning. I had to reset all to get video back. All is ok now.
Thanks for all the good advise

As long as you have a control signal, auto RTH won't initiate (make sure that in your settings you have selected RTH as opposed to hover or land). The video signal is usually the first to drop out but you can still manually control it either by sight or using the radar map on the screen or initiate RTH manually. The warning to return home may have been a low battery RTH warning?

ALL screen data is suspect if you lose Video feed ..... that includes the so-called Radar map ... which is purely a Radar depiction of position relative to your ground position .... also based on Telemetry of GPS data via the 2.4Ghz. So lose the 2.4 .... lose all feeds.

But with 5.8Ghz still connected - just manually trigger RTH and let her fly back.

Nigel

Before you trigger the RTH (S2 Switch), raise the altitude of your AC, see if you can regain the video feed again. Normally, if you raise the altitude, there will be less interference from any 2.4GHz equipments from down below.

Fine ... but personally I think it better for new flyers to learn how to get model back first. THEN once that's learnt - to see about other items such as regaining video feed / restarting apps / etc.

My reason is that usually you have a new flyer unsure of what can be done ... so simplest is to get model back ... confidence is immediately gained and new flyer has taken a step up the long ladder.

Its the one item that will save the day more than literally any other .... You only have to read the stories of fly-aways, dumped in lakes, lost in forest, where the simple RTH has been ignored or not learnt.

I consider myself a reasonable quad flyer .... having learnt to fly lesser quads without GPS etc. and I still resort to S2 at times. Better a model in your hands than one you are fighting to get connected and battery going down while you do it.

Sorry that's my opinion.

Nigel

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl