Loose S1 switch?

Reaction score
Recently I have been experimenting switching between ATTI & GPS modes in order to get smoother video. Quite often I find that when I switch the S1 back to the upper position the lights on my Phantom 2 Vision doesn't always return to green. Usually I have to switch it back and forth a few times before it snaps back into GPS mode. This morning I was calibrating my transmitter via the Phantom application and I think I've found out why this switch isn't working correctly...When I'm in the app under the "Basic" tab and I operate the S1 switch I can clearly see under "Control Switch Mode" that sometimes when the switch is in the upper position it is still registering as "ATTI." In fact, the switch is so sensitive that just putting slight pressure on it (while leaving it in the up position) will cause it to go back and forth between GPS & ATTI. When the S1 switch is in the middle or lower position it doesn't waver like this.

I'm guessing that this switch is faulty, perhaps due to the method of flipping it up and down to initiate a compass calibration. I'm waiting on hold to speak with DJI support but this forum will probably give me an answer sooner. I have no problem sending it back for repair, but is there anything I can do to fix this problem?

mikeboruta said:
Recently I have been experimenting switching between ATTI & GPS modes in order to get smoother video. Quite often I find that when I switch the S1 back to the upper position the lights on my Phantom 2 Vision doesn't always return to green. Usually I have to switch it back and forth a few times before it snaps back into GPS mode. This morning I was calibrating my transmitter via the Phantom application and I think I've found out why this switch isn't working correctly...When I'm in the app under the "Basic" tab and I operate the S1 switch I can clearly see under "Control Switch Mode" that sometimes when the switch is in the upper position it is still registering as "ATTI." In fact, the switch is so sensitive that just putting slight pressure on it (while leaving it in the up position) will cause it to go back and forth between GPS & ATTI. When the S1 switch is in the middle or lower position it doesn't waver like this.

I'm guessing that this switch is faulty, perhaps due to the method of flipping it up and down to initiate a compass calibration. I'm waiting on hold to speak with DJI support but this forum will probably give me an answer sooner. I have no problem sending it back for repair, but is there anything I can do to fix this problem?

viewtopic.php?f=7&t=8495 see this

had the same thing my dealer (dronefly ) sent me 2 new switches which were plug and play and I replaced

I did just turn the switch upside down and move the appropriate wires so that the top 2 worked and the bottom was was the bad slot while I waited for the replacement. This worked just fine as I had my bottom set to atti just like middle anyway

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl