Looking for advice on what to do about broken P4P gimbal.

Reaction score
So my Phantom 4 Pro took a tumble and the gimbal arm seems to have separated from the motor. At least that's what I think. I don't have DJI Care and I'm looking for some advice as to if I'm correct about it being the arm and motor and if it's something I might be able to fix on my own. Here's some photos.

Thank you all so much.

Attachments

• image1.JPG
    image1.JPG
    123 KB · Views: 478
  • image2.JPG
    image2.JPG
    150.9 KB · Views: 577
Where abouts are you based? There's lots of websites out there that sell gimbal replacement parts, how good are you with DIY stuff?

Thanks James,
I'm in southeast PA, just outside of Harrisburg. I'm alright with DIY but not anything to brag about. Most places I've contacted quoted me $700 for an entire new camera and gimbal assembly. I did find this video which should help me. I know they sell CNC cut yaw arms. I think I might give replacing the Yaw motor and gimbal yaw arm a try and see how that works.

I've already tried replacing the arm and it takes a long time and a lot of memory.

Look on amazon. I've found entire gimbal replacement's for about $400

If you're not a DIY person, order the gimbal and you can send me the drone and new gimbal I'll fix it but I'll need $50 cash for service and return shipping. I've attached one amazon sample link below.

DJI Phantom 4 4k Gimbal Camera, White (6958265112812) Amazon.com : DJI Phantom 4 4k Gimbal Camera, White (6958265112812) : Camera & Photo

Last edited:
I've already tried replacing the arm and it takes a long time and a lot of memory.

Look on amazon. I've found entire gimbal replacement's for about $400

If you're not a DIY person, order the gimbal and you can send me the drone and new gimbal I'll fix it but I'll need $50 cash for service and return shipping. I've attached one amazon sample link below.

DJI Phantom 4 4k Gimbal Camera, White (6958265112812) Amazon.com : DJI Phantom 4 4k Gimbal Camera, White (6958265112812) : Camera & Photo
This would be a downgrade. He has a P4P, not P4.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl