Long Range Battery?

Reaction score
Hello All,
Since a lot of people are modding the PV2/PV2+ antennas to get some pretty significant distances, i wanted to ask about batteries. Since i am considering modding my PV2+ to achieve longer distances. Does the OEM batteries hold out when going out these serious distance? Or do folks just realize that the get out and then uh oh i run out of juice trying to get back and then it just drops some where and you hope to pick it up?

I am not aware of any battery mods, maybe there are some but wanted to ask what are people doing to get their drone to return home after some serious traveling. Thanks!

JT_Ohio

Depending on how far you are talking. I think stock people are getting close to 5km one way. I did 3.8km one way and landed with 38%. I did see somewhere on the net where a guy was modifying the factory battery where you could pigtail 2 aftermarket lipos onto it. But personally don't know anyone who has done it. I may try it one day, I think it should be a pretty simple mod.

You need to add a solar panel.

Reactions: Ewayne and dirkclod
Maxamps.com has a phantom 2 battery mod . But I don't know anyone who has bought one. And it's kind of pricy when you add up everything you need .

I just bought it but I dont have it yet. I am not sure if it will even get off the ground lol
Cool. Can you let us know how it goes and if it's a good way to go .
Yeah no problem I have to change my antennas back from the dbs. I dont know how you got max settings to 3 miles from what I have seen. I dont like it at all

Yeah no problem I have to change my antennas back from the dbs. I dont know how you got max settings to 3 miles from what I have seen. I dont like it at all
Really bummed about it too when you said 3 miles max settings I am thinking that this thing would unlock 5 miles for me. I can move the birdside around a little bit I guess but it was dropping signal at 6000 ft at the lowest settings and I have a booster on my 2.4 and birdside dipoles

Really bummed about it too when you said 3 miles max settings I am thinking that this thing would unlock 5 miles for me. I can move the birdside around a little bit I guess but it was dropping signal at 6000 ft at the lowest settings and I have a booster on my 2.4 and birdside dipoles
Are you flying high enough ? I fly at an altitude of 450-500 feet and I'm using 3 boosters 1 on the 5.8 ghz and a 2.5w and a 3w sunshan boosters on the 2.4ghz antennas. Also aiming is pretty critical the further out you go. Good luck and happy flying !!

Are you flying high enough ? I fly at an altitude of 450-500 feet and I'm using 3 boosters 1 on the 5.8 ghz and a 2.5w and a 3w sunshan boosters on the 2.4ghz antennas. Also aiming is pretty critical the further out you go. Good luck and happy flying !!
Yeah thanks Flyer I know the drill I have the big 14 turn helicals 2.4 and 5.8 from FPVLR I go out 3 plus miles everytime I fly. It might have been interference from power lines and the fact I only had 1 3000 mw 2.4 instead of 2 but judging by my dbm's going out there is no way I could have gone even a mile at max res I am adding another 3000 mw booster tomorrow and moving locations I will say on the ground it hits harder dbm wise then my big FPVLR helicals so I havent given up hope. I got the max amps setup just to let you know if you get it done you only can run the two tray batteries you dont have a dji pack anymore just the two you hang on the tray if you go with the 4s battery option you get 30% more power 14.8 volt vs 11.1 volt and 22 to w5 min flight time. These are untested figures given to me by max amps I will let you know if its true when I install it.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl