Logistics displayed on video with Litchi

Reaction score
I just replaced the camera/gimbal on my P3A after an accident this weekend. Easy repair. I was flying yesterday using the Litchi app on LG 8.3 tablet. when I reviewed the video the flight logistics are on the video. I switch between DJI GO and Litchi but mostly use the DJI app until recently when it started showing "No Signal". Not sure what's going on there. I'm OK with either app but need to get rid of the flight logistics. I've gone through all of the settings and am stumped. Any help would be appreciated.

What I believe is happening is called "Video Caption". You can find it under the Camera Settings with the little wrench. Turn that off and you should solve that problem.

EDIT:

On second thought, I don't know exactly where that function is under Litchi. I was referring to DJI Go.

Thanks. I'll give that a try. I've got a project to do this afternoon for the local boating club and I was starting to panic.

Pounder,

I believe Zeprider is correct. You can just turn off captioning in DJI-Go, it'll carry over to Litchi.

Jerry

What I believe is happening is called "Video Caption". You can find it under the Camera Settings with the little wrench. Turn that off and you should solve that problem.

EDIT:

On second thought, I don't know exactly where that function is under Litchi. I was referring to DJI Go.
Hey Zep. I would like to get the flight data recorded with the video. Just do the opposite of what you've said? I'm using a Samsung S5 and or a Nvidia K1. Will that record in full resolution on the aircraft SD Card? Thanks Al

Hey Zep. I would like to get the flight data recorded with the video. Just do the opposite of what you've said? I'm using a Samsung S5 and or a Nvidia K1. Will that record in full resolution on the aircraft SD Card? Thanks Al

Certainly, just turn on Video Caption within DJI Go and it will return. Also to note, the captioning is stored in an .SRT file SRT File Extension - Open .SRT Files which is commonly used for subtitles in movies. Even if you turn on Video Caption, you can still remove the .SRT file post capture.

Yesterday was a no go. I thought I had the problem solved but didn't. No big deal since I have other arrangements made with the club. Litchi still was displaying the logistics on the video and DJI GO kept saying "No Signal". Yesterday I had uninstalled and reinstalled both apps. I still had "No Signal" on the DJI app. Today I go to our city designated flying field and the DJI app worked fine. There was a storm coming in so I didn't have enough flying time to switch to the Litchi app and check it. Very strange and I wish I had answers or solutions to pass along but I have no idea what went on. I just hope the problems are behind me. If anything changes or I figure out what the hell was going on I'll post an update. I've worked on a friends computer network and got it working a few times. He asked me what I did and I told him I had no idea but it worked. Ya gotta love the high tech world. :);):(o_O

Sorry but I'm not sure I understand pounder35. When you film with DJI Go or Litchi and capture video or photos to the SD card then the telemetry IS NOT CAPTURED AS PART OF THE VIDEO. With my iPhone and Litchi and can record the phone screen with telemetry in low resolution. Best of both worlds. You may get WARNING DISCONNECTED using Litchi but it will complete the mission assuming there is enough battery - a bit scary as your tablet screen will not update until the drone gets nearer home

All I know is that with Litch when I playback a video the telemetry is across the screen in big bold letters making the video useless. This just happened all of a sudden. I don't remember making any changes in the settings. I'll post a screen capture of a Litchi video when I get a chance. Maybe this evening. I'm using an LG 8.3 tablet while flying and for playback but it's worked fine in the past. Just before this problem started I had to replace the gimbal/camera after losing a fight with a tree but that shouldn't have anything to do with it.

Are you playing back the Litchi video from your LG tablet or taking your SD card from the drone and playing the video on that?

I'm using the SD card from the camera inserted in the tablet. That's the only way I know to do it. I never considered going directly from the camera to the tablet or a laptop. Can that be done without shuffling the SD card back and forth?

I shuffle the card back and forward but there is another way. It is possible to connect the drone directly with a USB cable to see what is on the SD card. If you are not getting the video off the SD card you are only seeing poor quality video instead of the superb video you drone can shoot.
It's very easy to shuffle the card back and forth with a tiny micro sd to USB adapter

I get great video since I'm viewing directly from the SD card in my tablet. It's a little slow but that's probably the limitations of my tablet. Too little memory or something. On my laptop it looks great but now my card reader slot decides to die. I need to upgrade the laptop anyway. It's several years old and tends to overheat with video even with a cooling pad.

Yes. Try looking at the SD card - maybe on a friends PC if necessary. I think that will fix your problem

I'll do that shortly. I just did a couple of short test flights. One with DGI Go and one with Litchi. At first the DJI app was giving me "no signal" again. So I switched to Litchi after closing out DJI. I never have them opened at the same time. I flew with Litchi and then switched back to DJI and this time I got a signal. DJI video was fine but the Litchi video still had the telemetry in the middle of the screen. This is frustrating and there's probably a simple solution. I'm overlooking something. Anyway I appreciate the input from other pilots and it'll eventually work out.

Browse the folder where the movie is, and rename or delete the matching *.SRT file. Then you don't get subtitle on video, what media player you are usin to view the captures?
DJI_0001.mpg OR *.mov
DJI_0001.SRT <--- rename so it doesn't match the movie, or just delete it, you can also turn off subtitles in your player. Or after connected with dji go uncheck the video caption selection.

LG 8 , is that android? Try turning on the usb debugging option in android. then plug lg to rc's usb after rc shows it's onnected to ac.

AC will save additional .srt file that contains altitude and coordinates if you have "video caption" enabled in camera setings.
You can turn off subtitles (*.srt) in movie players if you don't want to see them, or you can delete/rename it so player won't "find" it.

*.mpg -> the video
*.srt -> some info from flight statistics in text file if enabled "video caption" in camera settings
srt has to have matching name for mov file for player to pick it up, if you use them.

srt telemetry isn't full, there's also real log file that has more telemetry in log folder in flight app, also the ac has memorychip that stores flighdata in .dat files.

Download the manual from dji.com and read it.

I'll download the manual tonight and study it. Thanks for the help and maybe I'll get it straight at some point. I had never noticed the SRT files before so obviously I must have changed some settings by accident. I wouldn't think replacing the camera/gimbal would have changed anything but who knows. Maybe the first linking to the apps could have since that's when the problem started.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
brianklenhart