Login difficulty with the app

Meta4

Premium Pilot
Reaction score
Having problems with a new gimbal so I deleted the app (that I only installed a day ago) from my phone to do a clean re-install.
I've installed the app but when I go to login with email and password, I get - Data is Being Submitted followed by ... Info Request Timeout. I tried dozens of times last night and again this morning. I've deleted and reinstalled again but can't get to login. An old post suggests it might be a problem at DJI's end but it seems unlikely that it would be this way for 12 hours.

Anyone have any clues?

No ... I can't login at all to anything. I can't get the app started.
No point trying to talk to the Phantom till I can talk to the app.

I can't get into the app at all until I login for the first time and all I get when I try is .. Request Timeout

Meta4 said:
No ... I can't login at all to anything. I can't get the app started.
No point trying to talk to the Phantom till I can talk to the app.

I meant to be more clear. Make sure your phone has a network connection to the Internet when launching the App. User ID and Password should work. I thought you launched the App after connecting to the Phantom WiFi, at which point the Password will go nowhere.

Yes .. I have a network connection.
That's not the problem.
I've deleted and downloaded yet again but still no advance.
I just can't login to start the app.

I had the exact same problem an hour ago when I uninstalled and re-installed the Android App. I reset the password and it didn't make any difference; just cannot login or register. I contacted DJI support and they said they have just started getting calls about this issue, so it is probably a server problem that "could take a couple days to resolve." Let's hope not, but at least I feel better that it is not my phone.

can you create another account? Or is that tied to your phantoms serial number?

Mako79 said:
can you create another account? Or is that tied to your phantoms serial number?

No ... if you have a copy of the app that's up and running it's all OK but if you try to install the app you have to either login to your existing a/c or open a new one and DJI's server that handles that is AWOL. You get the same Request Timeout response.
No way around it until the server comes back online - still out at the moment.

Same problem here Meta4. Bought the Phantom 2 Vision+ yesterday and since then no luck getting past the sign in screen in the DJI Vision app with my Galaxy S5. Request Timeout issue also.

Pretty frustrating, because my girlfriend uses iPhone and it works on her phone grrrr (she loves apple, I don't that much ;-) )

Brand new here and just got my P2V+ yesterday..identical problem as Michaelvdl, right down to the girlfriend with the iPhone.

I have similar problem with my Nexus 7, cannot log in after re-installing, just got through speaking with DJI support in Germany, they said the DJI mainframe is down for maintenance and will be until Monday!!

He also suggested that there would be another upgrade then too.

exactly the same problem with my Moto X. Im waiting for some answer from DJI.B Because is terrible hold a controller and a 9,7" ipad.

Cheers

happydays said:
BA63 said:
Brand new here and just got my P2V+ yesterday..identical problem as Michaelvdl, right down to the girlfriend with the iPhone.

:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Well, this makes the pain somewhat more 'bearable' ;-)

I tried to contact DJI via mail (Europe & America) and Twitter. No response so far. If they would only post an update on server maintenance and when to expect it to be resolved, no hard feelings. Basic understanding of communicating with customers....

DJI told me yesterday (7/31) that there was 'maintenance' on the server.
... for over 24 hours?!?!

I am considering purchasing the Phantom 2 Vision Plus model. One of the most important things to me is customer service.
So far, I've sent a question to the suppport team about samsung 10.1 2014 tablet as a FPV/Ground Control device - no answer.

You see above that they did respond to the inability to login with Android.
Someone said you did not need to login to use the app(?)
My DJI-Vision app won't open ... only asks for a login ...

We'll see if DJI steps up there service game ... If not, I think I may look elsewhere for a photography drone.
Anyone else having luck with the service folks?

Thanks,Chris

The DJI server was down yesterday. If you were trying to install a new app, you were out of luck to register or login. Everything looks okay this morning.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl