Llilliput 7" 664/W fvp monitor for my phantom 2 setup ???

Re: Llilliput 7" 664/W fvp monitor for my phantom 2 setup ??

I didn't get a response. Has anyone spoken to the Lilliput people about the reception problem? (Are they called Lilliputians?)

ianwood said:
I didn't get a response. Has anyone spoken to the Lilliput people about the reception problem?

I did not get a response, either. My guess is they know it is a problem, but don't know what to do about it.

DattaGroover said:
I did not get a response, either. My guess is they know it is a problem, but don't know what to do about it.

**** Lilliputians. I am going to call and see what I can get. They're about 30 minutes from here. Should pay'em a visit!

UPDATE: I resent my email and they just called me a minute ago. They're going to get one of their engineers to call me.

ianwood said:
DattaGroover said:

**** Lilliputians. I am going to call and see what I can get. They're about 30 minutes from here. Should pay'em a visit!

UPDATE: I resent my email and they just called me a minute ago. They're going to get one of their engineers to call me.

Good to know. Please keep us updated. I'm heading out of town in a few minutes so it would be a bit harder for me to reach them on the road.

I have contacted Lilliput three times trying to find out why my image sometimes scrolls horizontally left to right across the screen, but no one there can give me an answer. Anyone else with a Lilliput experience this? There tech support department asked me to take a "picture" of the video as it's scrolling and send it to them. What???

lgeist said:
I have contacted Lilliput three times trying to find out why my image sometimes scrolls horizontally left to right across the screen, but no one there can give me an answer. Anyone else with a Lilliput experience this? There tech support department asked me to take a "picture" of the video as it's scrolling and send it to them. What???

Are you using IRC600mW? I would send them the pic. They can probably tell something from it. It's basically a visual representation of the RF signal. At least they're responsive. Seem to care about customer support.

ianwood said:
lgeist said:

Are you using IRC600mW? I would send them the pic. They can probably tell something from it. It's basically a visual representation of the RF signal. At least they're responsive. Seem to care about customer support.

Thanks, Ian. Yes, I am using the IRC600mW. I guess I'll do as they asked, but was scratching my head trying to figure out what they could possibly see in a static photograph of the screen that I couldn't explain to them verbally.

lgeist said:

It does that to me if I use it with my ImmersionRC 650mw tx. With the Fat Shark 250 mw tx it doesn't.

lgeist said:
ianwood said:
lgeist said:

Thanks, Ian. Yes, I am using the IRC600mW. I guess I'll do as they asked, but was scratching my head trying to figure out what they could possibly see in a static photograph of the screen that I couldn't explain to them verbally.

I had the same problem with the IRC600mW. It was pretty much useless. Same scrolling issues. Fatshark 250mW was much better but it too is not getting me past 500m without it turning into a blizzard on the screen. And this was in a noise free environment. I bought an Uno and tested it at the same time. It was perfect out to 1,500m and probably further but that's when I turned around.

ianwood said:
I bought an Uno and tested it at the same time. It was perfect out to 1,500m and probably further but that's when I turned around.
Is the Uno a receiver? Do you have a link to it? Model number? I'm pretty much done with the Lilliput built-in rx for more than close range.

Thanks!

DattaGroover said:
ianwood said:
I bought an Uno and tested it at the same time. It was perfect out to 1,500m and probably further but that's when I turned around.
Is the Uno a receiver? Do you have a link to it? Model number? I'm pretty much done with the Lilliput built-in rx for more than close range.

Thanks!

. . . and do you use that Uno with the ImmersionRC 650w or the Fat SHark 250mw?

DattaGroover said:
DattaGroover said:

Thanks!

. . . and do you use that Uno with the ImmersionRC 650w or the Fat SHark 250mw?

http://www.readymaderc.com/store/index. ... cts_id=877

And yes, that was with the 250mW Fatshark so the IRC600mW should be even better.

DattaGroover said:
Cor Brink said:
Just received the latest model Lilliput 329DW monitor and looks awesome.

http://www.lilliput.com/monitor/pro...SortName=FPV Monitor&proid=223&ProName=329/DW

Has 31 channels with dual receivers, cloverleaf (optional) and std antennas, extra battery plates, etc etc.
I'm feeling happy! :D
Congrats. Let us know how it actually receives (especially in terms of distance).

One word. Brilliant. Range, picture, everything. Well invested.

Cor Brink said:
DattaGroover said:
Cor Brink said:
Just received the latest model Lilliput 329DW monitor and looks awesome.

http://www.lilliput.com/monitor/pro...SortName=FPV Monitor&proid=223&ProName=329/DW

Has 31 channels with dual receivers, cloverleaf (optional) and std antennas, extra battery plates, etc etc.
I'm feeling happy! :D
Congrats. Let us know how it actually receives (especially in terms of distance).

One word. Brilliant. Range, picture, everything. Well invested.
How come they sell their 664 for $100 more that apparently doesn't receive worth s**t? Just to piss us off? :roll: I'm sure it has something to do with higher resolution, but really, how much do you need for FPV?

DattaGroover said:
How come they sell their 664 for $100 more that apparently doesn't receive worth s**t? Just to piss us off? :roll: I'm sure it has something to do with higher resolution, but really, how much do you need for FPV?

The screen is much better in all respects including 720p. I use the HDMI in as a field monitor. The 329 is not as good but yes, for pure FPV, it might be the better option. You are right though. For the price, the 664w should be all things. The receiver quality is unacceptable. They called me pretty much right away when I sent a reminder email and wanted to have one of their engineers talk to me. That is still being arranged. We'll see.

ianwood said:
DattaGroover said:

The screen is much better in all respects including 720p. I use the HDMI in as a field monitor. The 329 is not as good but yes, for pure FPV, it might be the better option. You are right though. For the price, the 664w should be all things. The receiver quality is unacceptable. They called me pretty much right away when I sent a reminder email and wanted to have one of their engineers talk to me. That is still being arranged. We'll see.
Unless they know how to pull a rabbit out of a hat, I won't hold my breath. What pisses me off is that they could have said this new model was right down the road, just hold off for a couple of weeks.

DattaGroover said:
Unless they know how to pull a rabbit out of a hat, I won't hold my breath. What pisses me off is that they could have said this new model was right down the road, just hold off for a couple of weeks.

Agreed. Maybe they have a new model in the works that fixes the problem but doubt it. They may offer an exchange for the 329.

ianwood said:
DattaGroover said:

Agreed. Maybe they have a new model in the works that fixes the problem but doubt it. They may offer an exchange for the 329.
I may ask for that. I like the res on the 664 for video & camera work, but I need it most for my FPV, and it's half useless at its limited range.

Rave, I was trying to send you a PM but I couldn't find the option. I am working with Lilliput directly from China and have made them aware of some of the reception issues that I have been reading about. Of course the new 329/DW is a better choice regarding reception and dual antenna but I would like the 664/W with IPS as I can use it for other applications.
The reason for my post is I found a video you posted showing the difference between the Lilliput and a different monitor. I know that you had borrowed the monitor from a friend, but would you mind sharing what transmitter your friend is using and if he has any issues with range or connection issues with the Lilliput? Also, If it isn't too much trouble, would you be able to find out which version he has? There is one that is specific to Fatshark and another that isn't. I'm trying to figure out if a dual antenna monitor is the answer here or if the Lilliput will be fine with one antenna and the right transmitter.

Thanks for your help! I'm a noob and just ordered my Phantom 2 - H3-3D, trying to get my FPV configuration nailed down while I wait.

And just an FYI for those interested, they are at the Hong Kong Electronics show until 4/16. They may be introducing something new but I'm not confident that it will be anything that will change the 664/w to add dual antenna. You never know!

Ravecreative said:
nope - just a w

the resolution was really high, the colour was good - it just felt quality.

you know when you are looking at something a bit special - it kinda felt like that
it also said touch screen on the box, but it wasnt my monitor, so i didnt want to try and put finger marks all over it

i was just making the FPV monitor mount i sell would fit it perfectly - and it does :)

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl