Live Streaming NOW!

I'm sure they're'd by a much larger audience for live-streaming flights if there was a better notification system. I'd be the first to sign up for watching live flights, for sure. From what little knowledge I have about www.YouTube.com and www.phantompilots.com I believe the most efficient means for any sort of notification -- as it relates to what our audience might be interested -- is that which is available strictly through www.YouTube.com. So…until such time that our phantompilot.com's administrator, JACOB, comes around to creating and developing such technology for us here on this forum we're pretty much stuck with the antiquated, limited means available at youtube. Ugh.
I for one believe the YouTube system works good enough if set up correctly. You do have to subscribe to the person AND check the box for notifications. Once a live stream starts, youtube sends notifications to the subscribers that a live broadcast is starting. At least that is how I have seen it work. Let me know if anyone has any other input. May try another live broadcast tomorrow at a place called stepping stone falls. Talk to you all soon

WOULD SOMEONE PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE, make a video that shows the complete process for setting up and executing a LIVE STREAMING VIDEO FOR YOUTUBE. I am not talking about a written description, but how you log on and do all the setting up. Sure would make a big difference for those of us who want to do live streaming.

WOULD SOMEONE PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE, make a video that shows the complete process for setting up and executing a LIVE STREAMING VIDEO FOR YOUTUBE. I am not talking about a written description, but how you log on and do all the setting up. Sure would make a big difference for those of us who want to do live streaming.
Yes, I will work on this today..

I havent' seen a stream yet. Is it a clean feed or is dirty? And has anybody figured out how to use this for a live news broadcast with somebody like CNN or Fox?

I havent' seen a stream yet. Is it a clean feed or is dirty? And has anybody figured out how to use this for a live news broadcast with somebody like CNN or Fox?
The couple live streams I have done have not been very clean. There was an annoying clicking noise and the video was not very nice. I was connected to a 5ghz Wifi with an upload speed around 18mbps. I have not tried a live stream while only connected to a 4G cellular connection. Also I was not aware that during the live stream your devices mic is turned on so it will pick up any noise you or anyone else makes as well as audio warnings from the DJI go app.

Testing live Stream from My P3P to USTREAM: link removed- will post again next time i live stream...

Seems better and less laggy than Youtube Live Streaming...

I tried Live Streaming and it worked. kinda. Was pretty crappy. Was on a Nexus 7 via 2.4Ghz WiFi. If I flew more than say 50' away the signal was total crap. For the most part, what you see in the video is exactly what the video looked like on my tablet. I think the video uploaded to YouTube fine, it was just that I was getting a crap signal from the P3 I believe. GIGO.
Here is the video.

How do I get better Live Video?

-Scott

Last edited:
I tried Live Streaming and it worked. kinda. Was pretty crappy. Was on a Nexus 7 via WiFi. If I flew more than say 50' away the signal was total crap.
Here is the video.

How do I get better Live Video?

-Scott
Yeah, no offence but that is pretty bad. The audio is the same thing that happens to me when I live stream. The pulsing sound. When I live streamed I made sure I was on my 5ghz frequency rather than my 2.4 frequency which I believe that phantom uses. I was able to get a little better video but the audio was atrocious. I still have yet to try a strong 4g cellular connection but I have heard that that does help. Guess we juts have to try it to find out

I'm curious if anyone has had the same problem as me, and what may be causing it? I cannot get by step two were its says it may take up to 60 seconds before going live. I'm using a Samsung note 4 tablet with 5.1.1.
I have very good wifi signal and have also tried the 4g with the same results. I will get the little tower icon with the count down timer on my screen but no video.
Thanks

I think I figured it out. Short answer. DO NOT USE 2.4Ghz on your tablet or phone that is connected to the P3.

My Nexus 7 only has 2.4Ghz (No 5.8Ghz, no 4G). When I tried Screen Mirroring to my SmartTV I got the same exact results as when I was trying to to YouTube Live. I could not fly very far without losing HD signal.

So I tried using my Droid Turbo 2 phone which has 2.4Ghz and 5.8Ghz. I set it up to only use 5.8Ghz and then connected to my router's 5.8Ghz channel. My SmartTV is connected to my router via the 2.4Ghz channel, but because both are connected to the same router, it doesn't matter they can find and connect to each other.
I was able to Screen Mirror flawlessly using the 5.8Ghz channel on with my phone. No loss in distance or signal quality. The picture was pretty good on the TV for it being 720p.

However, like sleagues, when I tried to YouTube Live stream with my Droid Turbo 2, I could get to Step 1, but even waiting much longer than 60 seconds it never went live. I believe this to be an issue with the phone and YouTube Live, not the P3 or the DJI Go app, as those worked with my Nexus 7.
YouTube Live is still in Beta, so my guess is that if it doesn't work for you, try another device. You can try 2.4Ghz to see if it works, but you won't be able to go very far. You will have to use 5.8Ghz or 4G (hope you have a big data plan).

p.s, I also noticed that if I turn off 2.4Ghz on my tablet before flying I can go maybe another 1000'. So basically always turn off 2.4Ghz when you fly for best results.

-Scott

Last edited:
I think I figured it out. Short answer. DO NOT USE 2.4Ghz on your tablet or phone that is connected to the P3.

My Nexus 7 only has 2.4Ghz (No 5.8Ghz, no 4G). When I tried Screen Mirroring to my SmartTV I got the same exact results as when I was trying to to YouTube Live. I could not fly very far without losing HD signal.

So I tried using my Droid Turbo 2 phone which has 2.4Ghz and 5.8Ghz. I set it up to only use 5.8Ghz and then connected to my router's 5.8Ghz channel. My SmartTV is connected to my router via the 2.4Ghz channel, but because both are connected to the same router, it doesn't matter they can find and connect to each other.
I was able to Screen Mirror flawlessly using the 5.8Ghz channel on with my phone. No loss in distance or signal quality. The picture was pretty good on the TV for it being 720p.

However, like sleagues, when I tried to YouTube Live stream with my Droid Turbo 2, I could get to Step 1, but even waiting much longer than 60 seconds it never went live. I believe this to be an issue with the phone and YouTube Live, not the P3 or the DJI Go app, as those worked with my Nexus 7.
YouTube Live is still in Beta, so my guess is that if it doesn't work for you, try another device. You can try 2.4Ghz to see if it works, but you won't be able to go very far. You will have to use 5.8Ghz or 4G (hope you have a big data plan).

p.s, I also noticed that if I turn off 2.4Ghz on my tablet before flying I can go maybe another 1000'. So basically always turn off 2.4Ghz when you fly for best results.

-Scott
Thanks for the reply. I cant try just the 4g at this time but when I get a chance I will. Actually I thought I did try it that way. As far as using just 5.8 im pretty brain dead when it comes to doing computer stuff. Is that something I can change in the tablet, or in my Wi-Fi router? I do know my router does transmit on both 2.4 and 5.8? Is their some way to change it so it just transmits on 5.8? Or em' I not following what you are saying?
I will have access to a nexus 7 with both Wi-Fi and 4g available to try next week. Maybe that will work. I guess its not a real deal breaker if I cant get it to work. But it would be nice to try it out once and a while.
Thanks
Dan

The Phantom 3 uses 2.4Ghz for transmitting video. If the phone/tablet that you are using is right next to the transmitter and is actively using 2.4Ghz WiFi, it will cause interference since it is so close. If you have both 2.4Ghz and 5.8Ghz WiFi on your phone, you can set it up to only use 5.8Ghz.
In Android, go to Settings --> WiFi --> Advanced --> WiFi frequency band --> and change from Automatic or 2.4Ghz to 5Ghz Only. Now connect to your 5Ghz WiFi.

If you do not have 5Ghz WiFi capability on your phone/tablet, simply just shut off WiFi after the maps have been loaded.

You don't need to change your router as it is further away.

The Phantom 3 uses 2.4Ghz for transmitting video. If the phone/tablet that you are using is right next to the transmitter and is actively using 2.4Ghz WiFi, it will cause interference since it is so close. If you have both 2.4Ghz and 5.8Ghz WiFi on your phone, you can set it up to only use 5.8Ghz.
In Android, go to Settings --> WiFi --> Advanced --> WiFi frequency band --> and change from Automatic or 2.4Ghz to 5Ghz Only. Now connect to your 5Ghz WiFi.

If you do not have 5Ghz WiFi capability on your phone/tablet, simply just shut off WiFi after the maps have been loaded.

You don't need to change your router as it is further away.

Ok, thank you very much!! I did have the tablet and bird right next to each other testing. So that in itself may have been the problem. I appreciate you telling me how to change the settings in the android!

Hi all. I am gettimg my p3 advance tommorow. What apps must I download on my Apple Ipad ?

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jakob08z